Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hate Bye weeks.....

csmopar

Man, going into this week, I was 7-0...looks like I'll finally drop a game in my league unless Frank Gore and the Colt's D can combine for 31 points tonight.  Granted I had decent players on my bench but a couple of those grossly underperformed from what I was expecting.  Including Tannehill.  If it wasn't for the dang bye weeks, I'd rolled this 0-7 time I'm against.

you think you got it bad? I played dalton instead of brees. now I have to pray the panthers d gets 22 points

that sucks.  No what's even worse was I sat Dalton a couple weeks ago in my other league, for Peyton, Peyton got me just 6.13 points, Dalton.......23.45  I was undefeated at the time, lost by a whopping .65 points............   yeah .65 points.  Only game I lost in that league so far though I'm trailing by 7 points to the game I'm tied for the lead with, and I only have Moncrief yet to play and he has Newton so...... I'm gonna drop that game tonight I feel

• 3 weeks later...

I will share in the bye week/injury woes. I have Big Ben, D. Williams, A. Brown, and O. Beckham...all on bye. Throw in Carlos Hyde, Matt Forte, John Brown, Keenan Allen, and TJ Yeldon, and I likely can't field a complete team this week. It's a keeper league, btw...that's why I still have some of those guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I like Latu, but don't you think there's a significant number of teams that are scared off by his medical? And then a couple more who will downgrade him because of his age?
    • yeah pretty much what I figured.  If they are going to start mixing up coverages and running more man coverage, then sure grab a CB in the first.  If they're going to continue being a mostly zone team regardless, then no, no round 1 CB.
    • The mission is to build something that has us competing with the best of the best. This is a season for AR to get tuned up.  Who do you think will be the right guys on our roster now to take us to an AFC Championship game?  It's not Smith, Fries, and we likely can't get there with more than 2-3 of our current back seven.  I would offer Buckner to the Bears as part of a trade for 9. Eberflus wants to have a great D so maybe he bites.  Then hopefully trade back 2-3 spots for a good pick.  I'd love to come out of the draft with Latham and the Dline guy.
    • I think he's a little overrated as a corner prospect. Doesn't mean I don't like him, I do. But I was hearing about how incredibly athletic he is, people were talking about him like he was a lockdown defender, then I watch him for a couple games and I don't see that. So at first I was pretty down on him. Then I went back and watched him with my expectations much lower, and I see what he has to offer.   He's definitely athletic, but not the standout, premier athlete people were making him out to be at first. Watching his high school basketball videos helped me contextualize his athleticism, there's plenty of burst there. He has some struggles flipping his hips and staying connected late in the down. He's feisty and physical, plays the run with enthusiasm, tackles well, and he has explosiveness. He's better in shorter areas when he doesn't have to try to keep up with a receiver with elite speed. I know he ran 4.43, but it wasn't a pro day, it was a private workout. I discount timed speeds at pro days, and definitely at private workouts. To me, he's closer to 4.5 than 4.4, and that's what I expected when watching him play.   To me, he's a safety/nickel prospect, not a boundary corner. And if he were looked at as a boundary corner, I think his arm length would probably disqualify him for the Colts, at least in the first round. And I think the Colts already view corner as a Day 2 position. He's said all the right things about playing multiple positions. And while I don't know how the new rules will affect kickoffs, I think it makes sense to have good options at returner, so that helps his stock as well. But I think the second round is the right range for him. If we drafted him, I think we still need a boost on the outside.
    • Personally….  I’m hoping and praying you’re wrong.   I don’t even think Murphy is a Ballard type of player. He’s not tall or long or rangy or athletic.   He’s a 6’1” 300 pound ball of muscle.   I’m not saying he’s not a good player, he is.   But CB has never drafted or signed a player with that body type or athletic background.      Is it possible the Colts draft Murphy?   Yes.  I’m just hoping it doesn’t happen.   I’d be scratching my head forever.   Just my two cents.  
  • Members

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,169

• stitches

stitches 19,312

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,816

• wig

wig 221

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 3,738

• Jason_