Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has been playing with fractured ribs?

oldunclemark

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And people wonder why he's playing shell shocked. Oline is ruining our young QB.

I dunno if it has to do with him being shell shocked.  I just think it's very difficult to throw properly with broken ribs.  That could very well be why his deep passes are floating on him and his accuracy isn't there. 

Yeah thanks for starting this Thread, I commented on it on the Gameday Thread just a few minutes ago. That explains a lot doesn't it? I cant believe he can even throw with broken ribs. No wonder why he cringes after every hit. He was doing that in the 2nd Half of the Buffalo game actually.

Dunno on that one.. Multiple sources have repeatedly said the injury (now injuries ) occurred in week 3. So no injury excuse for the week 1 and 2 stinkers if reports are true.

Report: Andrew Luck dealing with broken ribs

6439.jpg

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports Andrew Luck has been dealing with multiple rib fractures since Week 3.

Luck hasn't looked like himself and now we have a better idea why. He missed two games with a shoulder injury earlier this year but his ribs are still bothering him. It appears that Luck will continue to play through the injury. He's on the QB1 borderline this week against a tough Panthers defense. Luck can rest during Indy's bye in Week 10.
Nov 1 - 12:57 PM

So many of us have been saying this for the whole season. I disagree it happened week 3. He injured ribs in week 1. Ribs will heal but it'll be December or so. Let's just hope the shoulder can be repaired and it's not career impairing or threatening.

Could you give me the source that he injured his ribs in week 1?

Dunno on that one.. Multiple sources have repeatedly said the injury (now injuries ) occurred in week 3. So no injury excuse for the week 1 and 2 stinkers if reports are true.

Report: Andrew Luck dealing with broken ribs

6439.jpg

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports Andrew Luck has been dealing with multiple rib fractures since Week 3.

Luck hasn't looked like himself and now we have a better idea why. He missed two games with a shoulder injury earlier this year but his ribs are still bothering him. It appears that Luck will continue to play through the injury. He's on the QB1 borderline this week against a tough Panthers defense. Luck can rest during Indy's bye in Week 10.
Nov 1 - 12:57 PM

Yeah I seen that but I noticed in the Buffalo game he wasn't acting right after a few hits in the 2nd Half. I think something happened in Week 1 but I have no way of proving it.

Jay Glazer with Fox just reported that Andrew has been playing with several fractured ribs. It happened when he injured his shoulder and some of the team didn't even know. They have to get this line fixed ASAP!

Since week three the line has been much better.  Still not perfect mind you but they are vastly improved from where they were at the start of the season.  This is pretty much the same line they used at the end of last season and in the playoffs just with Thornton playing right guard.  The question that needs to be asked is why didn't they go with this line from the start? 

If he does indeed have broken ribs, they need to fire the coaching staff.

Absolutely no reason for him to be playing injured.

Players play with broken ribs in the NFL all the time.  Rather than trying to twist everything that comes out into fire the coaching staff now narrative why don't we take something for what it is.  This helps explains Luck's struggles this season and the good news is that once he's healed up he should be fine.

As for firing the coaching staff I'd say unless there is a turnaround the back half of the season there is a good chance that's going to happen and heck depending on how things go the next couple of weeks there might be some changes during the bye week.  There is plenty to support that without having trying to say everything should result in that. 

I feel so sorry for Andrew Luck being drafted to this team if these reports are true.  Did anyone, absolutely anyone not see this coming with the pathetic offensive line this team has fielded the last several years?  I know as a fan of this team and Andrew Luck in particular I've been saying it and I know many on this board saw the writing on the wall as well.  Doesn't take a lot of effort to find so many posts and threads detailing how bad the Colts offensive line has been.  I seriously hope that these injuries don't permanently affect one of the best if not the best young quarterback in the league.  It pains me as a fan of this team but I hope for the sake of the league and the sport Luck can get out of Indianapolis and join a team that knows how to protect someone of his talent and skill.  It's so sad to see how this organization has treated him.  

It's time for Grigs to Draft all O.Lineman in this upcoming Draft with the exception of 1 Pass Rusher and maybe 1 Corner of course. Time to load up on protecting Luck. 

They might have the corner on the roster already in Smith.  We just haven't see him yet.

Forcing picks of a pass rusher and lineman doesn't promise you are going to get good ones.  For example if you reach on a lineman who is really a second round pick just because you take him in the first round because you needed a lineman doesn't make him a better player. 

Clearly pass rush and o-line are needs going into the draft and if one is on the board and closely rated to where they are picking 100% agree that's what they should do.  However, if one of those isn't there and a Middle Linebacker is I am not going to complain they took the middle linebacker. 

Yes, but that's not his only injury. He has some sort of tear in his shoulder too. He might be healthy enough to play, but he's not healthy.

? I hadn't heard about a tear in his shoulder.  What I saw said in addition to the shoulder injury he had earlier in the season Luck has been playing with multiple broken ribs since week three.