Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline

Desir is intersting 2 more years on his rookie deal. if he is as good as they make him out to be. He would help out a lot this year. It sounds like eventually take Toler's job.

It would be an upgrade at a spot that will need to be addressed in the off season with a young player who's shown he can play in the league. Allegedly.

You get Toler's replacement this year, the advantage of knowing he can play and 2 more years of a rookie contract. He's has a season under his belt.

It takes the risk out of the draft and keeps us off the FA CB market. We know how pricey CB's are and how valuable good ones are.

I will pay more attention to the kid. Hopefully he is as advertised and he can be had for less than a 2nd but that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I hate giving up draft picks but if he checks out I would consider it. He would have to look really good for a 2nd but I would at least iinquire.

It would be nice to have two solid CB's. I haven't really watched much Cleveland. I guess I'll watch a couple of games.

Desir is intersting 2 more years on his rookie deal. if he is as good as they make him out to be. He would help out a lot this year. It sounds like eventually take Toler's job.

It would be an upgrade at a spot that will need to be addressed in the off season with a young player who's shown he can play in the league. Allegedly.

You get Toler's replacement this year, the advantage of knowing he can play and 2 more years of a rookie contract. He's has a season under his belt.

It takes the risk out of the draft and keeps us off the FA CB market. We know how pricey CB's are and how valuable good ones are.

I will pay more attention to the kid. Hopefully he is as advertised and he can be had for less than a 2nd but that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I hate giving up draft picks but if he checks out I would consider it. He would have to look really good for a 2nd but I would at least iinquire.

It would be nice to have two solid CB's. I haven't really watched much Cleveland. I guess I'll watch a couple of games.

I agree. ^^^

They are saying that they are still playing their higher paid underperforming corners in front of him.

Yeah I saw that, but that's not a good reason. He missed most of last year, and it's still early this year. He's a 4th rounder with a small contract. I don't see why they'd be itching to get rid of him.

Even if he was available, I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for him.

Yeah I saw that, but that's not a good reason. He missed most of last year, and it's still early this year. He's a 4th rounder with a small contract. I don't see why they'd be itching to get rid of him.

I wouldn't give a 2nd either. I think they'd have a hard time getting that in return from anyone.

You are absolutely right it would seem to make no sense to get rid of the guy. You hit on a CB in the 4th round to turn around and trade him the second year of his rookie deal??

I haven't seen him play much but the article seemed to think he has the goods. Which makes a trade even more confusing. Quality CB's don't grow on trees.

It is the Browns so who knows...

We should get a good look at him this weekend vs the Broncos WR's. Early reports Haden looks like a scratch with a concussion.

I wouldn't give a 2nd either. I think they'd have a hard time getting that in return from anyone.

You are absolutely right it would seem to make no sense to get rid of the guy. You hit on a CB in the 4th round to turn around and trade him the second year of his rookie deal??

I haven't seen him play much but the article seemed to think he has the goods. Which makes a trade even more confusing. Quality CB's don't grow on trees.

It is the Browns so who knows...

We should get a good look at him this weekend vs the Broncos WR's. Early reports Haden looks like a scratch with a concussion.

I liked Desir before last year's draft. I think I felt he was a 5th rounder or later, they got him in the 4th. He's played 10 games so far, with two starts. I don't think there's even enough book on him to start talking about how good he is or isn't, but he's held up so far. I just don't get why he'd be a trade candidate. Teams don't trade promising young players for no reason.

Especially considering we just spent a 2nd rounder on a CB this year.  I'd rather apply a wait-and-see approach to D'Joun and see where that goes before giving up another 2nd (or 3rd for that matter) for a corner.

Especially considering we just spent a 2nd rounder on a CB this year.  I'd rather apply a wait-and-see approach to D'Joun and see where that goes before giving up another 2nd (or 3rd for that matter) for a corner.

High third rounder that we traded down into but for all intents and purposes it was a 2nd round pick.

I think Cameron Wake can still be productive. He hasn't done anything thins year but just last year he had 11.5 sacks. So IMO he can still be a really good player. Especially with a contender. I really like Sean Smith. He's always been one of my favorite CB's. I'd love to reunite he and Davis. I know that duo wasn't too great in Miami, but they were young and both have since turned into great players. We could have the best pair of corners in the league IMO. Desir would be more likely though if he;s really on the market. Kid's got a boatload of talent.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming Desir couldn't be any worse than Toler. Toler gets burnt on a per game basis and is good to miss mutiple games a year with injury, the guy is just Swiss cheese.