Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whats the thinking

CR91

Just thinking out loud about our next five opponents...

The Colts are 3-2 playing teams with a combined 8-12 (.400) record.

The Pats are 3-0 playing teams with a combined 5-7 (.417) record.

- Pats are perfect against teams superior to the Colts opponents - Win Pats

The Saints are 1-3 playing teams with a combined 10-6 (.625) record.

- They lost to the Bucs and their only win was against a Romo-less Cowboys - Win Colts

The Panthers are 4-0 playing teams with a combined 4-13 (.235) record.

- Even weaker then our schedule - Not impressed, win Colts

The Broncos are 4-0 playing teams with a combined 4-12 (.250) record.

- Another weak schedule and playing at LOS - We've done it before...win Colts

The Falcons are 4-0 playing teams with a combined 6-11 (.353) record.

- Perfect against comparable ranked opponents and in their house....but we're coming in after our bye week..tough call - Win Falcons.

I'd wager we would be 6-4 going into the end of our schedule.

Just thinking out loud about our next five opponents...

The Colts are 3-2 playing teams with a combined 8-12 (.400) record.

The Pats are 3-0 playing teams with a combined 5-7 (.417) record.

- Pats are perfect against teams superior to the Colts opponents - Win Pats

The Saints are 1-3 playing teams with a combined 10-6 (.625) record.

- They lost to the Bucs and their only win was against a Romo-less Cowboys - Win Colts

The Panthers are 4-0 playing teams with a combined 4-13 (.235) record.

- Even weaker then our schedule - Not impressed, win Colts

The Broncos are 4-0 playing teams with a combined 4-12 (.250) record.

- Another weak schedule and playing at LOS - We've done it before...win Colts

The Falcons are 4-0 playing teams with a combined 6-11 (.353) record.

- Perfect against comparable ranked opponents and in their house....but we're coming in after our bye week..tough call - Win Falcons.

I'd wager we would be 6-4 going into the end of our schedule.

The first thing you have to remember is Luck isn't going to be 100% if he plays next week. We are facing a brutal schedule and we haven't had one impressive game yet, our biggest win/loss differential is +7, a 7 point win. Here are my predictions.

Pats=Loss

Saints=Close Win

Panthers=Loss

Broncos=Close Win

Falcons=Loss

We may get two wins if we are Lucky in that 5 game stretch. These are tough opponents and it looks like our options are either a 40 year old sick Hasselback, or an Injured Andrew Luck at qb. We showed heart and toughness vs the Texans, but these opponents are better than us. Only way we win IMO, is if Luck comes back and goes on a tear. Definitely possible, but he's hurt still.

The first thing you have to remember is Luck isn't going to be 100% if he plays next week. We are facing a brutal schedule and we haven't had one impressive game yet, our biggest win/loss differential is +7, a 7 point win. Here are my predictions.

Pats=Loss

Saints=Close Win

Panthers=Loss

Broncos=Close Win

Falcons=Loss

We may get two wins if we are Lucky in that 5 game stretch. These are tough opponents and it looks like our options are either a 40 year old sick Hasselback, or an Injured Andrew Luck at qb. We showed heart and toughness vs the Texans, but these opponents are better than us. Only way we win IMO, is if Luck comes back and goes on a tear. Definitely possible, but he's hurt still.

The only thing you have different is Carolina winning...I don't know about that. The Panthers have been feasting on probably the easiest schedule to date. Let's see how they handle Seattle & Philly over the next two weeks.

The only thing you have different is Carolina winning...I don't know about that. The Panthers have been feasting on probably the easiest schedule to date. Let's see how they handle Seattle & Philly over the next two weeks.

I'll reason for Carolina that their defense has been vicious this year and I have them in fantasy so I've been keeping an eye on them. Cam Newton is also the type of QB that will give us fits (a good passing and excellent running QB that is big and tough to take down). I'm not sure how good their O-Line is, but we may be able to keep the score low. From Cam's results this year so far, it seems like he's breaking out even with poor receivers and he has the defense to help.

I don't know how good of a team we are, but I would be happy with a  3-2 record over the next five. I think we can win 4 or all 5 though if we play to our potential.

If we win all 5 of the next games, I'll take you out to dinner for Kobe Beef with my fantasy baseball winnings, that's how much that would mean to me if we won all 5!

I'll reason for Carolina that their defense has been vicious this year and I have them in fantasy so I've been keeping an eye on them. Cam Newton is also the type of QB that will give us fits (a good passing and excellent running QB that is big and tough to take down). I'm not sure how good their O-Line is, but we may be able to keep the score low. From Cam's results this year so far, it seems like he's breaking out even with poor receivers and he has the defense to help.

Hmmm....the Panthers have played the Jaguars, Texans, Saints & Buccaneers....not exactly powerhouses. If we had only played the Jaguars, Texans & Titans we'd be 3-0.

I'm still not impressed with the Panthers but we will see tomorrow when they play the 2-2 Seahawks.

Hmmm....the Panthers have played the Jaguars, Texans, Saints & Buccaneers....not exactly powerhouses. If we had only played the Jaguars, Texans & Titans we'd be 3-0.

I'm still not impressed with the Panthers but we will see tomorrow when they play the 2-2 Seahawks.

Yeah, that will be an interesting game. That one will probably be close between us and them, I just think they match up well Vs us and that could be a problem. We'll see what happens Vs the Seahawks. Might get a better idea of what we will be facing.

Carolina is on bye. SS plays Cincy. Though replace the Panthers with Bengals and the sentence still stands.

I think the biggest things about these wins, is that if there was a time for our division to bury us, now was that time and they couldn't do it.

If we make it far this season, these games won't be forgotten. I think everyone's biggest concern should be Luck. We need to see if he's ok and if he will be ok this season..

Dearest Andrew,

Pls b ok

Sincerely,

Colts fans (except Cribbsfaircatch)