Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On the Hail Mary

Arby0359

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interfere and setting up an untimed play at the one yard line is better than the 3 Stooges routine. I've seen many miracle catches with the ball somehow land in the receiver's hand. But I've not seen one where the receiver was so open before. Live and learn.

Toler was not ready and looked terrible all game.  He cost us on that play and could not cover anyone.  Hope he gets his act together for the next game or Brady will light him up all night.  By the way one of Grigsons bad signings.  

I'm not going to defend  Toler because he deserves a lot of critisizm but I do think we played a lot of zone and that is no his strong suit.

Toler was not ready and looked terrible all game. He cost us on that play and could not cover anyone. Hope he gets his act together for the next game or Brady will light him up all night. By the way one of Grigsons bad signings.

It's actually not a bad signing at all. Toler is good to allow some completions every game but he plays opposite of Vontae Davis who QBs try and avoid. Have you forgotten Cassius Vaughn already? Toler does well enough for our man system. We could do MUCH worse.

I don't know how people expect every player to be a pro bowler, sheesh.

One way to prevent a Hail Mary in that situation is to play regular defense.

There's one second left.  If you're gashed on a big run, it doesn't matter.

If you give up a 15-yard completion, it doesn't matter.

When you choose to rush 3 and drop 8, and the 8 are dropped so deep that all of the receivers get 20+ yards of free release, the chances for completing the Hail Mary go up.  The QB simply gets all day to throw and almost every NFL QB has the arm strength to flight the ball to the end zone from that distance.

My biggest concern is with the new defensive philosophy change on the d-Line why does it seem like we changed the philosophy of our defensive backs? Nothing but zone is frustrating to watch when our corners aren't built for that.

I would think with the injuries is why zone might be called.

My biggest concern is with the new defensive philosophy change on the d-Line why does it seem like we changed the philosophy of our defensive backs? Nothing but zone is frustrating to watch when our corners aren't built for that.

-- Toler has been hurt.

-- Smith has been hurt.

-- Butler has been hurt.

-- Davis has been hurt.

-- Brown has been hurt.

That's FIVE corners who have missed time...   some have missed lots of time. 

This is why we went away from man-to-man.      Not because we WANT to.    But because we HAD to.

And yes,   this means that Tom Brady will likely carve us up for more than 400 yards.

hmm worse nah but close second toler got beat continuously by Hopkins that was just embarrassing..vontae had some good plays unlike toler

Davis got beat the whole second half by Hopkins. The secondary was not good out side of Mike Adams who always seems to be in the right spot at the right time to get INTs.

One way to prevent a Hail Mary in that situation is to play regular defense.

There's one second left. If you're gashed on a big run, it doesn't matter.

If you give up a 15-yard completion, it doesn't matter.

When you choose to rush 3 and drop 8, and the 8 are dropped so deep that all of the receivers get 20+ yards of free release, the chances for completing the Hail Mary go up. The QB simply gets all day to throw and almost every NFL QB has the arm strength to flight the ball to the end zone from that distance.

I agree 100% with this. Why give the QB all day to throw? Seems dumb. Rush at least 4 and create some pressure.

-- Toler has been hurt.

-- Smith has been hurt.

-- Butler has been hurt.

-- Davis has been hurt.

-- Brown has been hurt.

That's FIVE corners who have missed time...   some have missed lots of time. 

This is why we went away from man-to-man.      Not because we WANT to.    But because we HAD to.

And yes,   this means that Tom Brady will likely carve us up for more than 400 yards.

That last sentence gives me the "willies".