Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Pause For One Second...

ColtsFan1976

We have seen this movie before.  Everyone patting the Colts on the back for winning three games in a row, offensive line not giving up a sack, etc. etc. etc.  All of that needs to stop.  Last year the Colts won 5 games in a row and all we heard is how great they were playing and then came the Patriots.  Now I hate the Patriots as much as anyone in this town, but the Colts players do not need all this praise to blind them.  I hope the Colts can give the Patriots a fight, but considering a defense in the 2nd quarter of Thursday's game giving up 90 yards to a team with no time outs and a touch down on a hail Mary is ominous for this game coming up.  Let there be praise for this team if they beat the Patriots, but the Colts face three more undefeated teams (as of today).  Two of which will be on the road.     

True to an extent but I don't think many people are praising the Colts lately, even after these division game wins. Andrew Luck is a question mark this season. Receivers being able to click with the QB has been a slight issue as well. O-Line has played some mediocre defenses lately. I know each team has that defensive star but we game planned to stop them. Aside from the Tennessee game, I don't think there was a game plan and we got beat up. Anyways... If we are smart, we will take a chapter from the Houston game and use the same O-Line setup and use blocking tight ends again. Patriots have superior defensive line with fast athletic guys, we are going to need help there. I expect a big game from Donte Moncrief or maybe the sleeper pick - Phillip Dorsett. I'm sure they are gonna lock down TY and probably even Moncrief or AJ. Whoever it may be, someone needs to step up physically and ball out of these fellas. That's what team work is. I'm still banking on our revamped D-Line to be present yet again. Our line backers played well lately too. Let's please please please not forget how to play football........

We have seen this movie before. Everyone patting the Colts on the back for winning three games in a row, offensive line not giving up a sack, etc. etc. etc. All of that needs to stop. Last year the Colts won 5 games in a row and all we heard is how great they were playing and then came the Patriots. Now I hate the Patriots as much as anyone in this town, but the Colts players do not need all this praise to blind them. I hope the Colts can give the Patriots a fight, but considering a defense in the 2nd quarter of Thursday's game giving up 90 yards to a team with no time outs and a touch down on a hail Mary is ominous for this game coming up. Let there be praise for this team if they beat the Patriots, but the Colts face three more undefeated teams (as of today). Two of which will be on the road.

There are enough naysayers on this board to counteract what you are suggesting.

But what really matters is this - they are 3-2. Consider that from where they were two weeks ago going into the 4th quarter of the Titans game and with luck being out. I think it is ok to be happy for the team right now.

Further the colts players are the last ones to be worried about the praise they are getting now going into the pats game. They are well aware of recent games against them and I seriously doubt there is any danger of getting a big head.

Lastly let's enjoy the win this week and worry about next week you know next week.

I don't think you`ll find too many fans here thinking the Colts will beat the Patriots. Most agree it CAN be done tho, THIS team can do it but it will take a 100% effort and flawless executed game plan. Don't turn the ball over. Run the ball/short passes that move the chains and eat up clock minimalizing Patriots offensive possessions. Lastly capitalize on every scoring opportunity. In short - The Patriots are going to score, don't give them chances

What is it with people who think they need to wake us up 1 full day after a win?  "Don't get too happy you know yall got a lot of flaws!"  "Yeah you held Arian Foster to 2.6 to 2.9 yards a carry, but remember you are the 20th ranked run defense so let's not forget who you really are!" "Look you guys have to play the Patriots so get your mind set on losing you bums!" Who in their right mind loses sight of the need for continued improvement and growth a day after they just played?  Sorry Jack!  I'm going to stay with the optimism and joy I have for this team because I know we can ball bro.  We've had some self inflicted stuff and a ton of injuries, good thing is guys are getting healthy and we are making the necessary changes to be explosive.  

I think our team is better equipped than that squad from last year so I don't need any reminders of the past.  We are ready for our next opportunity and we embrace it because that's what champions do!  Champions don't look at what is next and say " Let's make sure we don't get too high because it may all come tumbling down!"  Champions say we like where were at, let's keep it moving and attack!  Again I go back to the Frank Gore and Andre Johnson interviews after the game, somebody tried to mention some crap about having to play New England and all these other suckers on our schedule and when they digested the question they both looked at the questioner with a look of "Bring the noise then because we are some ballers!"  Sorry, but we are not lambs waiting for the slaughter....As I mentioned in another post I've got my bag of popcorn and my chicken wings and I am ready for the next opportunity.  Whatever happens you keep looking for the next throat to choke!

What is it with people who think they need to wake us up 1 full day after a win?  "Don't get too happy you know yall got a lot of flaws!"  "Yeah you held Arian Foster to 2.6 to 2.9 yards a carry, but remember you are the 20th ranked run defense so let's not forget who you really are!" "Look you guys have to play the Patriots so get your mind set on losing you bums!" Who in their right mind loses sight of the need for continued improvement and growth a day after they just played?  Sorry Jack!  I'm going to stay with the optimism and joy I have for this team because I know we can ball bro.  We've had some self inflicted stuff and a ton of injuries, good thing is guys are getting healthy and we are making the necessary changes to be explosive.  

I think our team is better equipped than that squad from last year so I don't need any reminders of the past.  We are ready for our next opportunity and we embrace it because that's what champions do!  Champions don't look at what is next and say " Let's make sure we don't get too high because it may all come tumbling down!"  Champions say we like where were at, let's keep it moving and attack!  Again I go back to the Frank Gore and Andre Johnson interviews after the game, somebody tried to mention some crap about having to play New England and all these other suckers on our schedule and when they digested the question they both looked at the questioner with a look of "Bring the noise then because we are some ballers!"  Sorry, but we are not lambs waiting for the slaughter....As I mentioned in another post I've got my bag of popcorn and my chicken wings and I am ready for the next opportunity.  Whatever happens you keep looking for the next throat to choke!

Remember past failures so you do not repeat in the future. 

I love the posts.  You mean to tell me none of you are thinking history "might" repeat itself?  You have to account for all scenarios.  Of course I am happy the Colts won and are winning.  Still does not stop me from preparing myself for the dumpster fire that might be coming. 

We have seen this movie before. Everyone patting the Colts on the back for winning three games in a row, offensive line not giving up a sack, etc. etc. etc. All of that needs to stop. Last year the Colts won 5 games in a row and all we heard is how great they were playing and then came the Patriots. Now I hate the Patriots as much as anyone in this town, but the Colts players do not need all this praise to blind them. I hope the Colts can give the Patriots a fight, but considering a defense in the 2nd quarter of Thursday's game giving up 90 yards to a team with no time outs and a touch down on a hail Mary is ominous for this game coming up. Let there be praise for this team if they beat the Patriots, but the Colts face three more undefeated teams (as of today). Two of which will be on the road.

Geez you sound just like the media :scorebad:

And the best defensive player in the NFL (Watt) is not a mediocre defense when he's on it, even if he's not having his usual dominate year

And the Jags defense is actually pretty solid

Stop finding ways to discredit the team that really was on it's last legs. If Luck won those games, sure you can discredit it a bit cause it's expected for the Colts to win when Luck is playing QB. But Hasselbeck won 2 divisional games that help keep the Colts in the playoff race

I love the posts.  You mean to tell me none of you are thinking history "might" repeat itself?  You have to account for all scenarios.  Of course I am happy the Colts won and are winning.  Still does not stop me from preparing myself for the dumpster fire that might be coming. 

And not one mention of you preparing for success?  You're just planning for the dumpster fire huh!  Sit by yourself in that fire.  That's exactly what the Colts players need to do, plan for the dumpster fire.  That's weak!

And not one mention of you preparing for success?  You're just planning for the dumpster fire huh!  Sit by yourself in that fire

Yeah those of us who think like cowards are preparing for a repeat of history!  History repeats on those who do not prepare themselves properly for success.  If I saw us still playing that same old sloppy football from weeks 1-3 then maybe I wouldn't be thinking how I am thinking.  No instead I see us playing better and making the necessary changes to become great.  Greatness is what we are planning for and making the necessary changes for so who am I to prepare us for a dumpster fire buddy?

Let me see.  The Jags and Texans were beat handedly before they played the Colts.  The Colts managed to barely beat both.  Again we have seen this before.  I am sorry to bring everyone back down to reality after a win, but it has to be done.    Also do not talk to me about the Texans defense that gave up 42 points to the Falcons.

Yeah those of us who think like cowards are preparing for a repeat of history!  History repeats on those who do not prepare themselves properly for success.  If I saw us still playing that same old sloppy football from weeks 1-3 then maybe I wouldn't be thinking how I am thinking.  No instead I see us playing better and making the necessary changes to become great.  Greatness is what we are planning for and making the necessary changes for so who am I to prepare us for a dumpster fire buddy?

Again, we saw this play out in 2014 didn't we.  0-2 to start and then 5 wins in a row.  0-2 to start and now 3 wins in a row.  What happened in 2014.  You have to take everything into account, even the past.   

Again, we saw this play out in 2014 didn't we.  0-2 to start and then 5 wins in a row.  0-2 to start and now 3 wins in a row.  What happened in 2014.  You have to take everything into account, even the past.   

Went to the AFC Championship game  :scratch:

We have seen this movie before.  Everyone patting the Colts on the back for winning three games in a row, offensive line not giving up a sack, etc. etc. etc.  All of that needs to stop.  Last year the Colts won 5 games in a row and all we heard is how great they were playing and then came the Patriots.  Now I hate the Patriots as much as anyone in this town, but the Colts players do not need all this praise to blind them.  I hope the Colts can give the Patriots a fight, but considering a defense in the 2nd quarter of Thursday's game giving up 90 yards to a team with no time outs and a touch down on a hail Mary is ominous for this game coming up.  Let there be praise for this team if they beat the Patriots, but the Colts face three more undefeated teams (as of today).  Two of which will be on the road.     

I think 90% of the fans in this forum knows exactly where and what the Colts are. You can have the mind set of losing all to yourself. There are so called upsets every week. The big bad patriots may have you scared but I doubt the Colt players feel that way. If we do lose this game it's not the end of the world or the season. This roster can and will get better through more playing time together. We have yet to have a game where all of the starters have been on the field. With 10 days rest, healing and preparation things just might fall into place. Being a fan does not mean you have to be blind but it should come with having faith in your team. I don't quite get the point in not celebrating a victory of any kind. Even with the win the flaws are seen and discussed in this forum. All of this needs to stop you say? Bull dung. :console:  With your mind set the Colts might as well stay home and not even show up for the game.

Do you honestly think the players and the coaches are sitting there telling themselves "You know we really are not that good".  That's what your line of thinking says.  Do you really think anybody plays championship level football talking about remember how we stunk in the past and look at the teams we've beaten?   Your game planning and preparation are the forum for correcting past mistakes sir. Mentally you NEVER prepare yourself to be a loser.  Even if it happens you don't allow it to ruin you, you get back up correct the mistakes and you move on to the next throat you plan on choking.    Again we see nothing from you stating to us how it would be possible for us to win.  We only here from you how we must be prepared to lose and that is pathetic!

Yeah where the same result happened with this team within the same season.  Overhyped and ill prepared. 

We haven't seen you on this forum much.  Are you really some kind of Patriots fan who is here to drag the mentality of the forum down?  Go back to wherever you came from with that mess!

We haven't seen you on this forum much.  Are you really some kind of Patriots fan who is here to drag the mentality of the forum down?  Go back to wherever you came from with that mess!

No not a Patriots fan.  I am a Colts fan.  I have been to many Colts games.  I am tired of disappointment in this team.  I am tired of seeing other teams be good/great year in and year out with average players.  I am worried that again the Colts being in the same position only to come back down to reality. 

I bet you're a peach at weddings. "Congrats on the marriage, but start preparing for the divorce, because historically and statistically speaking, it's going to happen."

I don't think being realistic makes you a Patriots fan. He hasn't said anything that isn't true.

Winning games in our craptastic division guarantees us a playoff spot, but we need to take the next step in order not to get shelled once we get there. Keep your expectations high, but don't be surprised when we run in to a mismatch again.

Anything is possible, though. IND beat DEN last season by playing their * off. If they brought that same intensity to every game they'd be outstanding. Just gotta be consistent.

The team looked simply dreadful the first 11 quarters of the season.

It wasn't until the 4th quarter of the Tennessee game that the Colts started to look like....  well...   the Colts.

Now, 9 quarters later,  the Colts look dramatically better.     I think it's fine that we can enjoy this.

We now look like a team that will draft in the bottom-10 picks of a round,  instead of drafting in the top-10 picks of a round.

You have to walk before we run.     I'll take my small victories wherever I can.

I expect to lose to New England.    If we can make it a game,  if we can be competitive,  then I'll take that as a small victory too.

Failure to beat NE in 10 days doesn't mean a thing.     It's a long season.     Marathon, not a sprint.   Better we're hot come December.     I'll take that too.     I'm not saying we can't beat the Pats,  I'm just saying I'm not expecting to beat them.   Not now.   Not the way things are.    We're not there yet.    But we could be by January,  and that's what matters.

I just don't want to get blown out.  

This is going to be a strange season.   Gotta find the small victories where we can.......

Just a different perspective......

Do you honestly think the players and the coaches are sitting there telling themselves "You know we really are not that good".  That's what your line of thinking says.  Do you really think anybody plays championship level football talking about remember how we stunk in the past and look at the teams we've beaten?   Your game planning and preparation are the forum for correcting past mistakes sir. Mentally you NEVER prepare yourself to be a loser.  Even if it happens you don't allow it to ruin you, you get back up correct the mistakes and you move on to the next throat you plan on choking.    Again we see nothing from you stating to us how it would be possible for us to win.  We only here from you how we must be prepared to lose and that is pathetic!

STOP! You're making too much darn sense here, man. I can only take so much.

I don't think being realistic makes you a Patriots fan. He hasn't said anything that isn't true.

Winning games in our craptastic division guarantees us a playoff spot, but we need to take the next step in order not to get shelled once we get there. Keep your expectations high, but don't be surprised when we run in to a mismatch again.

Anything is possible, though. IND beat DEN last season by playing their * off. If they brought that same intensity to every game they'd be outstanding. Just gotta be consistent.

Dude losing a game is always possible!  There's a chance to lose in every game, and I don't think there's a person in this forum that doesn't think it may be possible against New England so I don't see why we all need to be put on high alert.   I want to enjoy and celebrate our win, prepare for the next opponent and go out there and put up a damn pitbull dog fight for 60 minutes.  Why?  Because I believe we are capable of doing so and it's what I expect.  If we lose then we lose, whatever happens we have to move on like champs, dust ourselves off and look for the next opportunity to BALL.  It is not possible if you believe you are and preparing yourself to be obliterated.  Pittsburgh played those dudes like pure and absolute crap on defense and that game really was still live in the 4th quarter.  We've got just as many horses as Pittsburgh so sorry I'm not bending over and pulling my pants down for that team!

To quote a line from a Thunderbird's song.........

"Feels like your shovelin in dirt....on my soul".

To each his own. If required to take your view...I would give up being a fan. Anything that I hope to get out of the experience of rooting for my team would be gone. I politely yet emphatically reject your suggestion.

Good day.

I understand the mentality of criticism, as do many here. Sometimes it's warranted, and sometimes it's not. However, krunk is correct about engaging and igniting the winning attitude for every game. A losing attitude accomplishes nothing. Lemme say that again, a losing attitude accomplishes nothing. Yes, we have all criticized the Colts on many occasions. Myself included. That doesn't mean we throw in the towel while doing so. Yeah, I know. Who the heck are you to tell me what to do, think, speak, et.al.? Well, to be honest with everyone, I'm no one of influential consequence. I do, however, care about a certain football team. They have given many of us this platform to express that.

And, there's absolutely nothing wrong with noting one's disagreements. But, to malign the organization in a way that sets up a defeatist categorical across the board attitude that borders on flat out losing every time is detrimental to all.

Rant : Off!

No not a Patriots fan. I am a Colts fan. I have been to many Colts games. I am tired of disappointment in this team. I am tired of seeing other teams be good/great year in and year out with average players. I am worried that again the Colts being in the same position only to come back down to reality.

you are not a patriots fan you just see things how they really are. The teams holes are really starting to show and we are showing we are still weak and that we overachieved the first 3 seasons. I totally agree with not getting a big head after beating up on our crap division. There are actually quite a few posters here that feel the same way you do.

Who said anything about getting a big head? Big difference between a big head and showing some self esteem and confidence! We play our best offensive game, block like hell, sharp execution, run the hell out of the football and do this all with a backup quarterback and all u can do is come back with some non sense about showing more holes.

Hahahahahaha

My favorite thing is seeing the same people who say we stand no chance, come back if/when we do win and say "I told you we would do it..."

There is ZERO character on this forum and I love it! Comment sections on any site make my world go 'round and it brings me genuine laughter. It Keeps life in perspective and shows you a lot about the people surrounding you on a daily basis.. Which to me is scary because in 2015 we are SOFT!!!

Stay away from the busters, & most importantly: Don't believe the hype!! Way too many of you have it all figured out and don't know a damn thing, it's really adorable, and I'm the first to say my poo stinks just like yours or the next, so I'm not trying to be too critical, but y'all are just chumps. Win or lose, whatever... but grow a pair.

It's be nice if everyone's opinions were respected and we didn't think we all need to think alike or feel the same way, or not use certain words because they are 'bad', no matter how crazy or off the rails the opinions are, because I'd love to see what people really have to say, without a mod being able to lock/block it and tell everyone to "play nice" whenever we don't agree.. But god forbid anyone says anything negative or really puts someone on blast for always talking but not knowing a damn thing they are speaking on. let's just pretend it's all daisies and dandelions and let these chumps with so much to say think their coaching ideals mean anything.

Weenies

Hahahahahaha

My favorite thing is seeing the same people who say we stand no chance, come back if/when we do win and say "I told you we would do it..."

There is ZERO character on this forum and I love it! Comment sections on any site make my world go 'round and it brings me genuine laughter. It Keeps life in perspective and shows you a lot about the people surrounding you on a daily basis.. Which to me is scary because in 2015 we are SOFT!!!

Stay away from the busters, & most importantly: Don't believe the hype!! Way too many of you have it all figured out and don't know a damn thing, it's really adorable, and I'm the first to say my poo stinks just like yours or the next, so I'm not trying to be too critical, but y'all are just chumps. Win or lose, whatever... but grow a pair.

It's be nice if everyone's opinions were respected and we didn't think we all need to think alike or feel the same way, or not use certain words because they are 'bad', no matter how crazy or off the rails the opinions are, because I'd love to see what people really have to say, without a mod being able to lock/block it and tell everyone to "play nice" whenever we don't agree.. But god forbid anyone says anything negative or really puts someone on blast for always talking but not knowing a damn thing they are speaking on. let's just pretend it's all daisies and dandelions and let these chumps with so much to say think their coaching ideals mean anything.

Weenies

That sums it up for me.  It amazes me how people who have nothing in the game except being a spectator really get themselves all worked up over nothing. 

... So yeah, when we win, I can't wait to smoke a fat joint of the devils lettuce and come on here and read ALL of the comments from the same people crying, saying that they knew we would get the W... And if we lose.. well, I don't like people being down in the dumps, especially over a football game, but something about this forum and seeing so many go off the handle makes me feel a different way about that sentiment.

Go colts

Right on to the real and death to the fakers

That sums it up for me. It amazes me how people who have nothing in the game except being a spectator really get themselves all worked up over nothing.

I get worked up, don't get me wrong, and I love the passion. I just want people to Come correct. It never will happen so even saying anything is pointless but I've never felt it's a bad thing to at least try to communicate. Like I said, my poo stinks like yours or the next but I don't understand it here.

It's like..when we play ANY other team than the patriots we are supposed to win every individual battle as well as the team battle on every down, and never want to give an opposing player any credit for making a great play, but when we play the patriots we are supposed to lose every battle/down/game/our minds.. If that makes sense?

I get worked up, don't get me wrong, and I love the passion. I just want people to Come correct. It never will happen so even saying anything is pointless but I've never felt it's a bad thing to at least try to communicate. Like I said, my poo stinks like yours or the next but I don't understand it here.

It's like..when we play ANY other team than the patriots we are supposed to win every individual battle as well as the team battle on every down, and never want to give an opposing player any credit for making a great play, but when we play the patriots we are supposed to lose every battle/down/game/our minds.. If that makes sense?

I was referring to other posts on here.  I was agreeing with your points.  No place did I write the Colts are going to lose to the Patriots.  I was saying you have to look at the past games to prepare for the one coming in 10 days.  We have 4 years watching this team go up and down.  I want this team to be on the same level as the Patriots and shut up all those sports reporters who write and talk like they want to have Brady to themselves on the 50 yard line :scratch:,