Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Decosta Staying in Baltimore [Mega-merge]

CjMcGirt23

there are issues that deal with his loyalty to the current ownership of the Ravens and their GM. The two towns hate each other and there are some issues that go much deeper than that - pertaining to DeCosta and some things between Colts and Ravens in recent playoffs and reg. season games that will come to light.

Well, I hope he doesn't let a little rivalry get in the way. He would be a GREAT fit!

But honestly, the only time the whole Mayflower comes up when the two play each other, otherwise, it's business as usual. I don't think he would mind coming here and building AROUND Peyton and not FOR him.

there are issues that deal with his loyalty to the current ownership of the Ravens and their GM. The two towns hate each other and there are some issues that go much deeper than that - pertaining to DeCosta and some things between Colts and Ravens in recent playoffs and reg. season games that will come to light.

I think if he becomes the GM of the Colts his loyalties would change. Players can do it and so can execs. So what other things are there that will come to light? If you know what they are why don't you just tell us?

Even thought the Rams and Bucs got permission to talk with him, the only teams he's reportedly interested in is the Rams and the Colts.

Looks like he wants a rebuilding project and a team he can put his name on. I am definitely interested in the guy, the Ravens have been a well build organization and like the Colts focus on building through the draft and using free agency to add the missing pieces.

I think if it's a higher position you can but you have to get permission from the team.

The team can grant or deny any position coach or executive or the water boy to speak with another team but they have the ability to refuse anything as well as long as they are under contract. It is a general courtesy extended I think to allow another team to interview a person for a step up in position but is not always granted.

I think if he becomes the GM of the Colts his loyalties would change. Players can do it and so can execs. So what other things are there that will come to light? If you know what they are why don't you just tell us?

Seriously, does anyone realy believe the Balt guy would come in with revenge of his former city and destroy the ew team he was handed a GM position just so he would have the last laugh? Jeez He would come in and try to build an even better team so his legacy could be one of success not one of dismal failure. I would trust that if this man was hired, he was the best candidate who more closely shared his views and goals than any other candidate.

This draft is exactly like the year we took Peyton, it is a team direction changer. The right person has to be hired and the right pick/s have to be made or we could slip back into mid 90's level. A nice base has been built but it needs another decade of solid to spectacular football to really solidify long term transition of fans.

Well, I hope he doesn't let a little rivalry get in the way. He would be a GREAT fit!

But honestly, the only time the whole Mayflower comes up when the two play each other, otherwise, it's business as usual. I don't think he would mind coming here and building AROUND Peyton and not FOR him.

Yeah, that would be childish. That sort of attitude is for over the top fans. For people in his position, it is and should be a business. I really hope this is not true. He sounds like he could be a real asset to the colts otherwise.

DeCosta has my vote. I was hoping for a young guy with some exposure to, and experience in, a great scouting system. Plus, working under Ozzie Smith for a number of years and being all but guaranteed the job as his successor is a hint of evidence that there could greatness in DeCosta when given the reigns.

These guys are professionals. They don't get into the feuding with other teams junk. If they do, they're not ready for primetime anyway. If there are problems between teams, it should be within your own division. Didn't we get a FB from the Ravens late this year?

Looks like he wants a rebuilding project and a team he can put his name on. I am definitely interested in the guy, the Ravens have been a well build organization and like the Colts focus on building through the draft and using free agency to add the missing pieces.

Yeah, except the Ravens go for the TOP of pile while we wait for the BOTTOM. That's what I'm hoping he brings with him, that smart but aggressive approach the off-season.

I think the only people who care about that are the Baltimore fans. Not even Raven fans, just fans from Baltimore.

No suprise sataying with Ravens, nice to see Raiders moving fast on high profile GM unlike us here- We are becomming bottom fedders- Guess Irsay plans to hire with-in GM, keep Caldwell, and rest of coaching staff- He'll pull Caldwell and in-house GM strings now.

No suprise sataying with Ravens, nice to see Raiders moving fast on high profile GM unlike us here

McKenzie is a former Raider. He was highly endorsed by Ron Wolf, a former Raider who drafted McKenzie. Sounds like that was a match made in heaven. I don't think that is an indication that the Colts aren't moving as fast. He wanted to go to Oakland. Done deal.

Same thing with DeCosta. He's long been rumored to be the next guy for Baltimore. I assume they're assuring him of that and giving him a little extra coin in the meantime. Can't really compete with that.

Ravens Baltimore Ravens

#Ravens announce Director of Player Personnel Eric DeCosta "will continue with the team and is not going to interview with other teams."

Mods if you want to merge this please do but I thought since it was new info it might warrent it's own thread.

As for the Colts looks they are going to have to go in different direction than one of the "buz" guys that was out there.

Ravens Baltimore Ravens

#Ravens announce Director of Player Personnel Eric DeCosta "will continue with the team and is not going to interview with other teams."

Mods if you want to merge this please do but I thought since it was new info it might warrent it's own thread.

As for the Colts looks they are going to have to go in different direction than one of the "buz" guys that was out there.

Im telling you this job is not an easy job to just walk into and get drafting. There are some major decisions to be made here. As I have stated before I don't envy the man that takes this job.

Im telling you this job is not an easy job to just walk into and get drafting. There are some major decisions to be made here. As I have stated before I don't envy the man that takes this job.

I agree, if Peyton comes back that will make it easier but besides him, the GM has A LOT of work cut out for him.