Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Decosta Staying in Baltimore [Mega-merge]

CjMcGirt23

I hope he bolts. The Ravens have some nice guys in their front office. They've built a nice team over the years. I live in Baltimore, and him and Ozzie are two people that others rave about. He would be a nice addition!

I also live in Baltimore and I think this guy would be a great addition to the Colts front office... The Ravens are a similar team in structure to the Colts.. Draft well, promote their own, they don't typically splurge into free agency, but they will for the right piece to compliment their team. Getting Bernard Pollard at SS and Vonta Leach at FB were two great moves! Even McKenzie's fat slob self was a solid acquisition!

I also live in Baltimore and I think this guy would be a great addition to the Colts front office... The Ravens are a similar team in structure to the Colts.. Draft well, promote their own, they don't typically splurge into free agency, but they will for the right piece to compliment their team. Getting Bernard Pollard at SS and Vonta Leach at FB were two great moves! Even McKenzie's fat slob self was a solid acquisition!

Yeah, they are JUST like us except different team philosophies and they WILL make a splash in FA when they need to. I kinda hoped we would follow suit but we didn't. As you can see, Leach assisted Rice in having a career year. And they made the effort to give Flacco all the weapons he need without really breaking the bank (even though he can hardly use them lol). But that's what I'm hoping, I'm hoping we can bring someone in here that will build smartly through the draft AND FA.

If Baltimore had a top tier QB, they would have already won their 2nd Super Bowl. Their overall talent level is awesome. Just proof once again that the QB position is the hardest and most important to find.

Yeah, definitely. That team going over the top all depends on Flacco. For the most part, they have had high draft picks like us and have been able to put some type of talent at every position. Only position I say they have failed on is the CB's, other than that the team has been built almost to perfection. If only Flacco could step his game up, they would like you said have been to AT LEAST 2 SB's.

Yeah, definitely. That team going over the top all depends on Flacco. For the most part, they have had high draft picks like us and have been able to put some type of talent at every position. Only position I say they have failed on is the CB's, other than that the team has been built almost to perfection. If only Flacco could step his game up, they would like you said have been to AT LEAST 2 SB's.

Do you think that they want Peyton here in Baltimore next year if Flacco fails in the playoffs again, and Manning is released?

Do you think that they want Peyton here in Baltimore next year if Flacco fails in the playoffs again, and Manning is released?

From the Ravens fans I know, they would take anyone BETTER than Flacco if the opportunity arose. Even though the history between the orgs is there, they would welcome Peyton with open arms. And the scary thing is, if the situation did happen, the Ravens have the bank to sign him. And Peyton with Boldin, Smith, Pitta, Evans, Rice, Leach, Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, etc....just spells dynasty.

But it's all speculation so I hope that NEVER happens and PM will retire a Colt. lol

From the Ravens fans I know, they would take anyone BETTER than Flacco if the opportunity arose. Even though the history between the orgs is there, they would welcome Peyton with open arms. And the scary thing is, if the situation did happen, the Ravens have the bank to sign him. And Peyton with Boldin, Smith, Pitta, Evans, Rice, Leach, Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, etc....just spells dynasty.

But it's all speculation so I hope that NEVER happens and PM will retire a Colt. lol

I want him in Baltimore or San Francisco if he were to leave and go elsewhere!

How do we go from talking about Decosta to Manning playing for the Ravens? Get back on topic.

OT- Decosta would be great for this team. He's helped build a solid nucleus in Baltimore and could hopefully start to do the same thing here.

The Eric Decosta Show on 9.71 Hank FM!

How do we go from talking about Decosta to Manning playing for the Ravens? Get back on topic.

OT- Decosta would be great for this team. He's helped build a solid nucleus in Baltimore and could hopefully start to do the same thing here.

The Eric Decosta Show on 9.71 Hank FM!

Too bad smittywerb and myself have said we would love the signing. And weeks ago I reccomended him, as I know all about his decisions being from Baltimore. Are you all over me to? Mom is that you.....?

The Ravens have a solid team. It would be nice to get one of their guys in here. Though I'm not sure how many of the decisions are made by Ozzie and how many by Eric. I know Ozzie is good at what he does, but I'm not so sure about Eric, I haven't heard much about him

Well he and Ozzie are what Bill and Chris were when Bill was still officially GM, minus the family relationship. He is right there making the decisions with Ozzie, and Ozzie will get credit at the end of the day not Eric! But Eric is in line to take the GM position in Baltimore once Ozie is done, if that brings any credability to Eric.

Don't forget Boldin. That was a great pick up.

Eric DeCosta's been highly sought after over the years. As for not being able to talk with him till the playoffs are over, Jim Irsay just requested permission to talk with him. Colts Director of Personnel Tom Telesco is also in the running according to inside sources of the Colts.

Irsay can't call him until after the Ravens are out of the playoffs. But I hope he does.

He can talk to anybody he wants and even hire him as long as he gets permission from his current team. Its just that most of them would want to stay with their teams till they are eliminated.

Eric DeCosta's been highly sought after over the years. As for not being able to talk with him till the playoffs are over, Jim Irsay just requested permission to talk with him. Colts Director of Personnel Tom Telesco is also in the running according to inside sources of the Colts.

I don't about Tom Telesco though. I want someone who wasn't in the Polian regime.

We don't, but would be strange to have someone within the orgaization getting rid of a team coach, would be better of an outsider with no ties to Colts, make such move on Caldwell Mangini. Calling him that becasue he remins me of Eric, and when new GM came on board in Clev, he was given a pass after 5 and 11, came bcak, same record, then year later was fired. I suspect Irsay and new GM, will give him a pass too.. Eric and Caldwell both Mr. Emotions.

Sources close to Eric have said he has interest in the Colts position. I hope that is the selection for GM.. not Tom Telesco... This should be the opportunity for the Colts to go outside of their own organization, get a very compitent GM and possibly head coach, even get some free agents in the offseason. Not high priced ones, but those who will complete this team. Eric DeCosta gets my vote!

Why wouldn't he be a good fit?

there are issues that deal with his loyalty to the current ownership of the Ravens and their GM. The two towns hate each other and there are some issues that go much deeper than that - pertaining to DeCosta and some things between Colts and Ravens in recent playoffs and reg. season games that will come to light.