Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A "young mans'" game

Lucky Colts Fan

Some Colts players were told that football in the NFL today is a "young mans'" game.

Their responses:

Matt Hasselbeck, 40 - "FISHSTICKS! I'll show these young whippersnappers how to win, on the road, no less!  And I'm feeling dandy, thank you very much, I just ate something a little too spicy hullaballooing after last weeks' win and it upset my digestive system for a fortnight. Nothing to get your knickers in a bunch about."

Frank Gore, 30 - "I'm just here so I don't get fined, hahaha! What? Nobody is saying that anymore? Oh, well my kids said it was funny... Well, I'm gonna go do something that will make me better at football, see ya!"

Andre Johnson, 32 - "I was just messin with ya'll when I was playing kinda slow early this season.  GOTCHA!  Hey, do you know if my 401K will rollover from the Texans to the Colts?  I've got some property for sale in Houston, and I'm meeting my financial advisor on Friday."

Adam Vinatieri, 42 - "WHAT?  I CAN'T HEAR YOU!  NO, I'M NOT YELLING! Oh, my hearing aid was turned down, sorry about that.  You need me to kick a field goal?  I'm pretty good at it, and I still got my original hips and knees.  No foolin!  When is supper served here?  Did I ever tell you the story about the 2001 season, when I won my first Supper Bowl, or Bowl of Supper, or whatever the kids are calling it these days?  What were we talking about?"

I had Gore, Vinatieri, and the Colts D in one or more fantasy leagues this week, but I'm probably that homer in the minority.  Who else is playing these older guys, especially a backup like Hasselbeck?

I even dropped Johnson in two leagues because of the lack of production early on.  I should have known to start him against the Texans...