Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DQ is playing some great ball for us right now

RockThatBlue

That play where he stuffed the QB sneak was just awesome. He was a whipping boy for many last year but you can't deny he's had a hell of a year so far besides the bills game.

he definitely deserves credit. Having a much better year than last. Maybe he is just now comfortable in our scheme.we need him to keep it going.

That play where he stuffed the QB sneak was just awesome. He was a whipping boy for many last year but you can't deny he's had a hell of a year so far besides the bills game.

He was and is a whipping boy for those who limited knowledge of the game.

I see you jus made Indigo's point.

Disagreeing doesn't make his point ... I didn't say he was horrible, he's average.  Seriously, in what area does DQ really shine at as "Good" on a consistent basis? Not just tonight, or a game here and there.

Parry... What a steal in the draft... Guy gets low and plays smart.

That's a pick (Anderson, too) that will serve the Colts well for years to come.

Grigson killed it with this draft... Every week our D-Line gets a little more experience... If we could get some health back in the secondary the D has serious potential for the rest of the year.

I don't think that Indy's SB hopes are in as much peril as others do. I believe that the offense will work itself out and be very good by midseason.

Parry... What a steal in the draft... Guy gets low and plays smart.

That's a pick (Anderson, too) that will serve the Colts well for years to come.

Grigson killed it with this draft... Every week our D-Line gets a little more experience... If we could get some health back in the secondary the D has serious potential for the rest of the year.

I don't think that Indy's SB hopes are in as much peril as others do. I believe that the offense will work itself out and be very good by midseason.

Yes, I agree! Anderson and Perry feed off of each other. Anderson was dinged up yesterday so Perry played lights out. I love that.

Notice how the defense is better without Freeman.

yeah i think we were first assuming Jackson made freemen look bad but ironically without freemen we've looked great..I'm hoping that they make him try and earn that starting position back and not just give it back bc Irving and Moore do not seem to want to give it back lol

Notice how the defense is better without Freeman.

I'd rather have Freeman in there with Moore/Irving opposed to DQ. Freeman is still better than DQ in coverage and against the run, in my opinion, he just can't shake the groin/hamstring issues that he's dealt with the last 2 years.

I'd rather have Freeman in there with Moore/Irving opposed to DQ. Freeman is still better than DQ in coverage and against the run, in my opinion, he just can't shake the groin/hamstring issues that he's dealt with the last 2 years.

In no world is Freeman better than DQ vs the run. I'm not a huge DQ fan but he has stepped it up this year and he is certainly a superior run defender than Freeman, always has been.

Disagreeing doesn't make his point ... I didn't say he was horrible, he's average.  Seriously, in what area does DQ really shine at as "Good" on a consistent basis? Not just tonight, or a game here and there.

he is a great tackler and a good run defender.  usually

DQ has played well in 4 out of 5 games, the only game where he played average was in the Bills game.

And DQ has been playing consistent ball since he came to the Colts.  it is one of the things that makes DQ a very good LB, he is consistently in the right place and he consistently makes the play when he has the opprortunity.

He is not a guy that will take over a game or make huge flashy plays but he is consistent.

I also disagree with the idea that he is a liability in coverage, he's not.  He is a liability trying to cover the more athletic TEs in the NFL man to man but he's not asked to do that very often.  In zone coverage he is very good and he's very good at covering the more traditional TEs.

Yes, I agree! Anderson and Perry feed off of each other. Anderson was dinged up yesterday so Perry played lights out. I love that.

the Colts have something in the front three those plus Langford are very good and they are doing this without the guy who was supposed to be their best lineman in Jones.

In no world is Freeman better than DQ vs the run. I'm not a huge DQ fan but he has stepped it up this year and he is certainly a superior run defender than Freeman, always has been.

Since Freeman has been moved out of the MIKE position his production has wavered, however back in 2012 and 2013 he was text book. His game against the Vikings in 2012, and the majority of the year, was absolutely text book. His hamstring injuries and groin injuries have hindered him badly. He has been horrible lately in putting himself in position within the gaps to make plays. I've seen what each could do and I still believe if Freeman is on point he's better than DQ.

Since Freeman has been moved out of the MIKE position his production has wavered, however back in 2012 and 2013 he was text book. His game against the Vikings in 2012, and the majority of the year, was absolutely text book. His hamstring injuries and groin injuries have hindered him badly. He has been horrible lately in putting himself in position within the gaps to make plays. I've seen what each could do and I still believe if Freeman is on point he's better than DQ.

That's the thing, Freeman is considerably worse than his rookie season and hasn't shown any sign that he'll return to that form. He's actually been progressively worse each season, specifically vs the run. Last year Freeman was awful, much worse than DQ and that trend has continued this year.

Is there a reason why you would say that? Could it be that practice, coaching and experience might have something to do with it? :)

The smiley, usually means a joke for most people

I dont believe that DQ is on roids...... just a joke,,,,  Are you his relative?

DQ seems much faster this year

You cant coach fast..... he is a 10 year vet...... so another year of experience didnt do it either, .......    practice?

I wish I could make myself faster by practice...............................  I am an old 53 year old dude.... so my track star days aint happening

Credit on that stuff goes more to Billy Winn, if I remember correctly. I think he clogged it up and made the tackle/stop.

The smiley, usually means a joke for most people

I dont believe that DQ is on roids...... just a joke,,,,  Are you his relative?

DQ seems much faster this year

You cant coach fast..... he is a 10 year vet...... so another year of experience didnt do it either, .......    practice?

I wish I could make myself faster by practice...............................  I am an old 53 year old dude.... so my track star days aint happening

Wait till your 62? haha

That's the thing, Freeman is considerably worse than his rookie season and hasn't shown any sign that he'll return to that form. He's actually been progressively worse each season, specifically vs the run. Last year Freeman was awful, much worse than DQ and that trend has continued this year.

I completely agree.. I remember when they called him Baby Ray, and he was playing lights out in both phases but as I said I think his injuries have limited him badly these past two years. Regardless I think Irving and Moore are the future and I'm completely fine with that.

Let's be real here......DQ is a liability in coverage, but he has been playing out of his mind against the run the last few games. Hopefully he can keep that going. 

I thought Irving looked pretty good as well! 

Agreed Liability in Coverage but dont they pull him out and replace him with Geathers on passing downs now?

And Freeman wanted a new contract  :lol:  :funny:  See ya freeman