Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep's Big Test

lennymoore24

Ok, so I think this will be THE test for Pep.  He has 10 days to prepare for NE.  He knows they likely will take away any deep routes, blitz inside, and basically challenge the Colts to run the ball and throw short.  Basically, have patience.  Last year in the playoffs, Pep played right into their hands.  If if 10 days he can't come up with a better game plan, I really have no hope for the guy.

• You sure didn't wait long to start did you?

Oh sorry, i was waiting for your direction as to when it was appropriate to point out that Peps offense looks good against mediocre teams but it means nothing unless he schemes better against a better defense.  Is it okay now boss?

Oh sorry, i was waiting for your direction as to when it was appropriate to point out that Peps offense looks good against mediocre teams but it means nothing unless he schemes better against a better defense.  Is it okay now boss?

You don't any permission to whine. Would it matter anyway? The game isn't 30 minutes over and you cant say one good thing about Pep and his good called game. Already whining about a game that isn't even played yet.

You don't any permission to whine. Would it matter anyway? The game isn't 30 minutes over and you cant say one good thing about Pep and his good called game. Already whining about a game that isn't even played yet.

I also thought this was Peps best game playcall wise. I don't think he's great but people in this forum are too hard on him.

Ok, so I think this will be THE test for Pep.  He has 10 days to prepare for NE.  He knows they likely will take away any deep routes, blitz inside, and basically challenge the Colts to run the ball and throw short.  Basically, have patience.  Last year in the playoffs, Pep played right into their hands.  If if 10 days he can't come up with a better game plan, I really have no hope for the guy.

I think the test that is important is for fans. Pep on the other hand is doing nicely and progressing. He will be our OC next season.

I think the test that is important is for fans. Pep on the other hand is doing nicely and progressing. He will be our OC next season.

how do you know that? if peps play calling is bad against NE and we lose another 45-7 blowout or something like that and/or we lose badly to the rest of our hectic schedule i don't see how pep or chuck will keep their jobs . grigs will probably stay but i don't like it , it took too long for him to realize we need an o line and defense , considering andrew luck is week to week now. 

The main reason I'm not ready to concede that is because we don't know what happens to Pagano, Grigson and Chudzinski yet.

Once we know that, then we'll have a better idea about Pep.

But tonight,  he called on heckuva game!     Mad props to him!       :thmup:

I like you Lenny, but please go back to analyzing Madden.  After a GREAT game...this is simply nonsense. :hulk:

BTW,,,,,Pep got an A+ on the test.

how do you know that? if peps play calling is bad against NE and we lose another 45-7 blowout or something like that and/or we lose badly to the rest of our hectic schedule i don't see how pep or chuck will keep their jobs . grigs will probably stay but i don't like it , it took too long for him to realize we need an o line and defense , considering andrew luck is week to week now. 

You seem to think that Grigson is stupid or something with the comment. If you look at the moves Grigson has made he was well aware of the teams needs. Did all the moves work out? No. But it was not from knowing what the problems were and attempting to get better. He just didn't have a light come on and realize anything. Players all over the league get injuries. It's football. With the style of the way Luck plays it was a matter of time before he got an injury. I hope that don't need explaining to you.

Ok, so I think this will be THE test for Pep. He has 10 days to prepare for NE. He knows they likely will take away any deep routes, blitz inside, and basically challenge the Colts to run the ball and throw short. Basically, have patience. Last year in the playoffs, Pep played right into their hands. If if 10 days he can't come up with a better game plan, I really have no hope for the guy.

NE's defense should be the last thing the Colts should worry about. Just keep feeding Gore and beat the Patriots at their own game - short game. Our playmakers should be able to run circles around thear backhalf, however things are easier said than done. Just DON'T give up on the run.

I honestly worry more about NE's OL/offensive scheme than anything and if Pagano/Manusky will have them prepared for NE's heavy OL packages. Early on in the last couple of games with them our defense has held strong but they end up getting out-schemed as the game moves on, however the offense HAS to keep drives going and not commit turnovers like they have against them.

HOPEFULLY we've learned from our past mistakes and can take it to them this time around.

I was really impressed to see us get back to holding the football for a long time.  Controlling that TOP and tiring the defense out.  I've been wanting to get back to that so bad and Pep finally gave it to me.  We need to continue that!

I was really impressed to see us get back to holding the football for a long time.  Controlling that TOP and tiring the defense out.  I've been wanting to get back to that so bad and Pep finally gave it to me.  We need to continue that!

Two games in a row, my friend!!  Matt has done courageous work in the absence of Mr Luck!!!   :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:

Right!  Its the key to being able to compete with NE.  Big plays and quick strikes are exciting but our defense will never be stout enough to play long minutes.