Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

How nice is it getting 10 days for our guys to heal up and get ready for the Pats? Especially after getting a hard fought win in Houston with Hasslebeck starting. 

Also, very impressed with two guys in particular not named Andre Johnson or Frank Gore.

Joe Reitz and Henry Anderson.

Reitz did a good job against Watt. I don't think anyone would have given him a chance before tonight. Anderson is really panning out well.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets rest up and get ready for action! Hopefully Vontae gets healthy and Toler gets more practice time. Coverage is going to have to be great with the lack of pass rush the team is showing. I'm excited to see the improved running game though. They aren't running for 200 this time!!

Because we have no way of stopping them with pass defense or pass rushing . it will be 6 plays and touchdown every time he gets the ball. Then we will move slowly down the field trying to catch up for TB...

Toler ,Davis ,Butler played their Worse game tonight this year. I think Davis was just as bad as any rookie cb we've had back there.

Cry baby, it's a lesson on football if nothing else. This team needs these experiences, maybe it could even be fun to watch?

No Crying just the way I see it . And I do enjoy watching . and hope it won't be the truth . But maybe I'm wrong and Davis and or Toler are still hurting . I don't know . But at least we won. I'm Happy about the for sure.

This game will weigh on whether Jim cleans house at years end (IMHO).

Close game loss and all is well going forward, lose 50-10 type thing and I think the firing talk will get louder for a number of folks in the organization.

No Crying just the way I see it . And I do enjoy watching . and hope it won't be the truth . But maybe I'm wrong and Davis and or Toler are still hurting . I don't know . But at least we won. I'm Happy about the for sure.

Everyone one is entitled to see their team the way they want. Whether it be to predict a loss to distance yourself from that team when you have doubts, or to stand up and put your name on the line along with that team and win with them...or lose with them.

Personally, I choose to cast my vote that we will beat the Patriots. I would rather be wrong in a loss...than be correct in a loss. Believing against the odds brings pride before the event,  and either dissapointment or magnificent celebration after. Not believing brings safety and  disconnected distancing before the event, and either empty vindication or weak celebration after. May you have peace with your path.

Everyone one is entitled to see their team the way they want. Whether it be to predict a loss to distance yourself from that team when you have doubts, or to stand up and put your name on the line along with that team and win with them...or lose with them.

Personally, I choose to cast my vote that we will beat the Patriots. I would rather be wrong in a loss...than be correct in a loss. Believing against the odds brings pride before the event,  and either dissapointment or magnificent celebration after. Not believing brings safety and  disconnected distancing before the event, and either empty vindication or weak celebration after. May you have peace with your path.

I root for the Colts no matter what or who they play ... win or lose Still a fan... Perhaps I didn't word my original post correctly . It was a bit of satire . If we can work on the defense I do think we have a chance. But Brady is no Hoyer.. Anyway they won and I'm happy for that and can't wait to see how Luck handles the Offense who seems to have shaped up quite a bit.... ...

They have 10 days to rest, they will be fine. Tolers hungover is understandable. He missed most of preseason and all 4 games of the season. Hes not gonna come back in tip top shape but they should have switched him out more.

Because we have no way of stopping them with pass defense or pass rushing . it will be 6 plays and touchdown every time he gets the ball. Then we will move slowly down the field trying to catch up for TB...

Toler ,Davis ,Butler played their Worse game tonight this year. I think Davis was just as bad as any rookie cb we've had back there.

I bet your a skip bayless fan

Davis was banged up, it's Tolers first game back.  That being said they have a monumental challenge ahead of them.  They can play a lot better and hopefully they will.

Personally, I choose to cast my vote that we will beat the Patriots. I would rather be wrong in a loss...than be correct in a loss. Believing against the odds brings pride before the event, and either dissapointment or magnificent celebration after. Not believing brings safety and disconnected distancing before the event, and either empty vindication or weak celebration after. May you have peace with your path.

That's a good description there. When you are watching a game with the intent of winning it is more exciting when they do pull out a win than the other way around.

Do some fans believe that players trust in their doubts over their instincts or gameday preparations?

It's the Patriots, big whoop. They happen to be undefeated and present a challenge, but its one that should be embraced. Not a challenge where we tuck our tails between our legs, heads hung low without any fight. These types of fans in general who automatically assume a loss have already been defeated.

I wonder if that's how they operate with the rest of their life..not my business.

Mods, can you merge all the Patriots are going to destroy the Colts 943-0 threads into one mega thread? You know kind of like the Everything Trent Richardson thread of last year. It would be very much appreciated, thanks for your consideration.

Between now and next Sunday Colts have to find a pass rush.  

Our run defense seems to have improved so hopefully we won't be seeing Blount go for 200 and 4 TD's on us this year.  But if they can't find a pass rush then Brady will just pick the defense apart.  

Colts need to go into the Pats game with this mindset:

I envision this..the Colts run out onto the field during introductions vs the Pats like robots, each and every player yelling "I`m mad as hell and I`m not going to take this anymore"! Then again after every defensive tackle for a 3 yard loss and every TD scored..Colts win 84-0 with Adam V kicking an "insurance FG" as time expires..coz "theyre mad as hell and not going to take this anymore"! Then I woke up.. :realitycheck:

The media will be talking all week about how the Patriots will obliterate the Colts and continue to be our daddy of the NFL. I'm not saying we're going to lose and I'm not going to say we're going to win. I do think many will be wrong and this game will be a lot closer than expected. Brady and Belichick would love to run up the score 63-10, if they could manage it. I have no doubt about them looking to do just that. I just don't think it's going to be the absolute slaughter that some think it will be. I actually expect it to fun for both Pats and Colts fans.

This thread and others like it after a really good win boggle the mind.  The eternal pessimism that runs through this board at times is amazing to me.

1. It is a long season with ebbs and flows.  My advice - just enjoy the win.  Look at where this team is now compared to where they were less than 2 weeks ago going into the 4th quarter of Titans game.

2. They may actually be finding their identity as an offense and learning to play with the talent they have.  I would hope the team is better in October than they are in December

3. It is clearly a flawed team, maybe, likely fatally so.  But - who cares?  Enjoy today and worry about tomorrow when it comes.  And today is a good day to be a Colts fan.

And so it begins.......

It's more like......

And troll it begins

I guess I wonder how much due diligence will the Pats do? Will they just line up and try to run thru the Colts again since it's worked so well? (frankly I hope so). Or will BB do his thing, make a fresh game plan and out coach our staff again? I would love to see what would happen if we moved Andrew all around (Len Dawson style) and made the Pats have to find and chase him.

I have to agree, would love to see the colts beat the pats worst than anything but the pats will slaughter the colts.