Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RIP Lindy Infante

BloodyChamp

He was the coach of the Packers when my family first explained to me that we were Packer fans. His 1 winning season was the 1 glimmer of hope besides the playoff run under Starr during the strike season.

A forgotten regular season classic that I remember very well was a Packers/Colts game from 1997. The Packers were all but crowned SB champions and the Colts were winless in like week 10 or something. The Colts won 41-38 in a very good game that wasn't a case of the better team being asleep. Favre ran up and down the field after every TD in this game just like he did all the other games and there were some pretty sick collisions. It was a revenge game of sorts against the Packers. Even stranger, the coach he replaced in Green Bay was the coach who fired him from OC in Cincinatti even though he had the top offense. Pretty wild stuff there...present day ESPN would have loved it.

What exactly happened to the Colts in 1997? Harbaugh was good for a few years before and they were obviously well coached under Infante and Marchibroda.