Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerrell Freeman

AmberDerrow

With all this talk of injuries, one player who hasn't received much attention is Jerrell Freeman. Freeman went down early on Sunday with a groin injury and did not practice Monday or Tuesday. He is considered questionable for tomorrow against Houston and my question to you is: Do we need him? 

This fan forum question of the week is brought to you by Forum Credit Union.*

With all this talk of injuries, one player who hasn't received much attention is Jerrell Freeman. Freeman went down early on Sunday with a groin injury and did not practice Monday or Tuesday. He is considered questionable for tomorrow against Houston and my question to you is: Do we need him? 

He's been good in coverage but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Irving or Moore.

Short answer, no. Moore and Irving need some reps. McNary has done well

I don't think we "need" him, but he is a nice piece to have defensively. He is a good player in pass coverage, but only average against the run. I say bring in Irving on running downs an bring in Moore in obvious passing situations as he is the better pass coverage player and he is the better blitzer of the two. Plus even McNary looked rather well while replacing Freeman.

Need ? no we have ample depth, and Mcnary played surprisingly well in his absence. 

I think Freeman played well in the Jets and Titans game and started well in the Jags game. He's not as necessary as Vontae and Anderson, but any injury hurts. The question is will it be all McNary or will the coaches finally give Irving or Moore a good shot.

Freemans out

Bill Obrien says they are going to run it on us, and run it some more.  That's their plan

1. Run it- The Texans have to run the football. There’s no way around it. Bill O’Brien has said so. The players have said so. And it’s something the Texans have done fairly well against the Colts since 2010.

“We just have to be more balanced and really stick with the running game through four quarters and for 60 minutes,” the head coach said.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/First-Glance-Texans-vs-Colts/aaf130f5-af3f-4d14-9e84-810e3491cc24

I'm just hoping to see some extensive action from Sio and Nate in this one

I'd rather see what Moore can do

Freeman is a good player but he isn't a downhill attacking ILB whos going to bring heavy hits nor does he get off blocks consistently, He is what Pat Angerer was in that regard and that really is a drag down tackler most often, The difference being Freeman has been  more of a playmaker then Pat was and has shown to be a more heady player at times punching the ball loose. I would like to see him attack downhill more and meet the running back at the LOS instead of often just catching him just beyond the LOS and at times overpursuing

Irving or Moore one would be better starting next to DQ. Honestly Irving and DQ could be a pretty good duo.

I'd be ok with this. People on here like to hate on DQ but he's played very well since the Bills game. Thought I read somewhere that he leads the league in tackles too. Solid player that gets too much hate IMO.

I'd be ok with this. People on here like to hate on DQ but he's played very well since the Bills game. Thought I read somewhere that he leads the league in tackles too. Solid player that gets too much hate IMO.

DQ has been really good this year.

I think their game plan is going to look very similar to Buffalo and the Jets. Lots of Short passes and running the football. And they will attempt to play sound defense. I think they've had some issues in the secondary as usual

I think their game plan is going to look very similar to Buffalo and the Jets. Lots of Short passes and running the football. And they will attempt to play sound defense. I think they've had some issues in the secondary as usual