Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

down 21 with less than 4 minutes to play? no problem

shakedownstreet

12 years ago today - the monday night miracle in tampa bay

yes i really did stay up until the end of the game. and, no, i wasn't at woodstock :)

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/This-Day-in-NFL-History-Colts-comeback-shocks-Buccaneers/ad49af05-70c1-4168-a6c2-579070d3fd6b?sf13845677=1

omgosh, me too. And I'm not sure that I slept after the game was over.  haha

That is my second favorite game of all time,  and you know what comes in ahead of it,  right...?

yes i really did stay up until the end of the game. and, no, i wasn't at woodstock :)

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/This-Day-in-NFL-History-Colts-comeback-shocks-Buccaneers/ad49af05-70c1-4168-a6c2-579070d3fd6b?sf13845677=1

Yeah, I stayed up to watch it too. The greatest comeback of all time

I was at a bar in Delaware, night before a friends wedding, surrounded by Baltimore Colts fans that turned Ravens fans. I received all kinds of comments until Our drunken kicker won it in overtime lol.

"Liquored up kicker" ... (quote from Peyton Manning) to be exact. Remember the Bucs game like it was yesterday. With the exception of the Colts v. Pats Championship game '06 season, this was one of the best comebacks in organization history and all in front of a national Monday Night audience. Yes sir. "The thrill of victory, NOT the agony of defeat!" :)

What a game! Btw, I like the album that your member name is based on (or at least I think it is?) one of The Dead's better ones, imo...

Speaking of the "Dead" and albums, remember the battle cry tune of the '06 Playoffs? The Who, "We Don't Get Fooled, Again!" Orchestrated by Peyton's Dad, Archie, it was adopted by the team and played to fire them up.

Yes it was a special game. It was also the beginning of the end for the super bowl winning Bucs. If my memory serves me the Bucs started a downhill spiral that ended up costing Gruden his job.

I remember it like it was yesterday.....my 1st senior year at Purdue.....watching at my buddies apartment at Waterfront.....serving as a test subject for medicinal cannabis research and eating  :popcorn:. We kept on watching because we were just too  :sleepy: to move. All of a sudden, they just starting inching back in and we were like  :billiejean:

I remember being in high school and my mom had gone to bed but my dad letting me stay up (something about the bitter end or other).

Couldn't believe the comeback. Dad and I both were just flabbergasted with the whole leaping call. I distinctly remember saying out loud that we didn't deserve to win the game but good old dad told me to enjoy the win.

Yeah. I watched it too. One of my favorite comeback games in all sports!  I wonder if it contributed to Grudin being gone? 

Gruden lasted five seasons after that one, but the Bucs fell apart after that game that season. They were 2-1 at that point, and after that game, went 5-7 the rest of the way. They went 38-42 the rest of Gruden's tenure.

I won't go so far as to say that that game was the beginning of their erosion, but they never looked like a contender after that. Some of the Bucs players, like John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, etc., have said that game was the biggest gut punch of their careers.