Positive about run blocking

Superman

Lowest % of runs with backfield contact after Wk4:

1. CHI: 13.1%
2. IND: 14.3%
3. NE: 15.5%
4. CIN: 15.9%
5. TEN: 18.5%

Our backs aren't getting shut down in the backfield so far this season. 

Yep, from behind the line to a 1 yard gain before contact. But in all seriousness, our run blocking has improved. I think we need to run more zone scheme though. Allows Gore to make cutbacks and whatnot.

I know you're joking but there's a huge difference from first contact behind the LOS and 1 yard past.

Yep, from behind the line to a 1 yard gain before contact. But in all seriousness, our run blocking has improved. I think we need to run more zone scheme though. Allows Gore to make cutbacks and whatnot.

Gore has spent much of his career in a power scheme like ours, definitely the last four seasons with Greg Roman. Some of our blocking schemes are overly complicated, though.

Face it.  These are the OLineman we have for the season barring injury.  Let them get mre and more reps together and see if they can become a better functioning unit.  Priority #1, protect #12.

agreed they have to PROTECT its nice seeing the progression in the run blocking but they have to block better they can get better we seen it last year during the playoffs were they did really well. the offensive coordinator is responsible for calling plays that will give the line an advantage while diminishing their deficiencies its not that hard. look at Gary Kubiak. he took over and Denver and their defense is playing really well peyton was uncomfortable under center and kubiak sees this after the first two games and CORRECTS this, he adapts his offense to fit peytons style of play. THATS WHAT A GOOD COACH DOES. that's exactly what bill belichick does every year he coaches all his players by capturing their gifts and capitalizing on them while hiding their ineptness. Offensively we are not doing anything close to our capabilities... and its disappointing, whether chuck is being collared or pep is given too much discretion someone needs to take control of this team and COACH them. I like chuck I think hes great with the team but I believe he is not coaching this team the way he wants to whether by obstruction or whatever means. someone needs to take control

Seattle doesn't win or lose because of Wilson. If Luck isn't playing at an elite level, you can't tell the difference between the Colts and Jags, so Luck's mistakes are magnified.

This statement lacks evidence.  He has never missed a game and Luck has now missed 1.  And the Colts are 1-0 in the games Luck has missed.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article25907368.html

A little food for thought...the most sacked QB this year has been Wilson.

Yep. I even posted yesterday (in one of the several other o-line threads), that after watching Monday night's game, and the 2 offensive lines featured in that game, I won't complain about the Colts line for the rest of the season. Seattle and Detroit's lines look BAD, even in comparison to ours.

Yep. I even posted yesterday (in one of the several other o-line threads), that after watching Monday night's game, and the 2 offensive lines featured in that game, I won't complain about the Colts line for the rest of the season. Seattle and Detroit's lines look BAD, even in comparison to ours.

When I posted that I included a link that shows how each team ranks thus far in having their QB's sacked....I mus have inadvertently deleted while editing? Anyhow, here it is:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game

Plus this:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&tabSeq=2

Amazing, a positive post about the Offensive Line backed up with facts gets so few replies????? If it was a negative one, the trolls and adhd crew would be out in full force commenting and demanding for someone's head?

You're catching on pretty quickly my new friend!         :thmup:

Those "facts" are pretty annoying for some here........

Seattle doesn't win or lose because of Wilson. If Luck isn't playing at an elite level, you can't tell the difference between the Colts and Jags, so Luck's mistakes are magnified.

I beg to differ. Take away Russell Wilson and watch the Seahawks crumble offensively. It's the threat that Wilson has created during his tenure in the NFL that teams shudder at. Psychological warfare is just as dangerous sometimes as the physical. Just ask our beloved Colts v. Patriots. Yeah, stats are not always the proving grounds for Ws.

I think think that used to be the case with Seattle.  Their OL is in shambles.  Wilson has to scramble way too much now to make plays.  His play making was definitely the difference on Monday night.  Last year he fumbled 11 times but Seattle recovered all of them.  That luck is running out on them this year

Run blocking has always been a strength of our lines, in my opinion, as shown by the productivity that resulted when we had Brown and Bradshaw. It's just every other one of our backs were waaaay too slow to react and would get shut down (see Richardson, Trent). The much, much bigger problem has been pass blocking. When people say Grigson hasn't done anything to the lines, that is false. He has turned it into a great run-blocking line, but that doesn't "Protect 12" at all.