30. Cardinals (3-1)

A’Shawn Robinson

DT

Alabama

31. Packers (4-0)

Reggie Ragland

ILB

Alabama

Good overall effort first off, but I would be furious if we took Nick Martin in the 1st round. I have him ranked as a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder as of now. Much better O-Lineman available. I'd rather have Vadal Alexander. He's a better O-Lineman IMO, and plays T/G. We could then get one of the three Centers you mocked in the 1st in the 2nd. I think you are overestimating where all these Lineman will go.

Yeah I agree with Jared. You're overselling some of these lineman. Nick Martin is a reach in the first. I'd take Vadal Alexander there. Hope for Martin in the 2nd/3rd.

Also your draft order. Right now the Lions are slated to have the first pick just based on record right now. But good job nonetheless. It's nice to see this board active again.

Yeah having actually watched Martin play, I see a better player than a 3rd rounder or what I've seen out of Alexander (who still plays pretty well really). The only reasons I could see Grigson going for an interior lineman early in the draft are 1) he should feel like he's under tremendous pressure to protect Luck better at this point and 2) Martin is good at guard and center - position versatility definitely helps you build an O-line.

Yeah having actually watched Martin play, I see a better player than a 3rd rounder or what I've seen out of Alexander (who still plays pretty well really). The only reasons I could see Grigson going for an interior lineman early in the draft are 1) he should feel like he's under tremendous pressure to protect Luck better at this point and 2) Martin is good at guard and center - position versatility definitely helps you build an O-line.

And now that I think about it, I may have to take my previous comment back. It's okay to reach for OL if you're trying to protect your QB.

The change came when I read your comment and thought back to Dallas taking Travis Frederick in the first, and then the Dolphins taking Juwuan James in the first.

But even so, I'd take Alexander over Martin in the first round.

Very nice effort this far out!  

And the Hackenberg selection for Houston and reuniting him with O'Brien is inspired!   

Good job......     :thmup:

haha yeah I thought O'Brien might want Hackenberg again, given the mess in Houston at QB so far this year.

With the Oline problems in the NFL this year, I see a lot of OL prospects being over drafted in 2016.

Early indications are that this draft might look like the 2013 draft, light on skills positions but a lot of trench players. Hopefully the OL guys at the top are better.

Early indications are that this draft might look like the 2013 draft, light on skills positions but a lot of trench players. Hopefully the OL guys at the top are better.

Agreed. Personal I only have 2 first round receivers which are Laquan Treadwell and Josh Doctson. The only first round ELIGIBLE RB is Elliot.

But I like the depth at ILB and Safety. CB depth seems unusually poor though.

Haven't really seen Goff yet but I think only he and Cook are 1st round worthy. Hackenberg has been playing awful save for 1 game. Reminds me of Matt Schaub.

Goff is talented with an NFL level arm but he's scrawny. Thin frame so he'll never put a lot of weight on. Also isn't elite to the point to make up for that and go #1, I don't think.

For the record I think Hackenberg should go more in the 3rd round or something. I think it's possible that frustrated teams will reach for QBs. 

As far as Nick Martin being a 3rd rounder - maybe last year when he was playing on injuries that would've been fair. This year I think he's been much better than that, and probably the best all around interior lineman in the nation. That said, I could definitely see him going in round 2 rather than 1 too. 

Goff is talented with an NFL level arm but he's scrawny. Thin frame so he'll never put a lot of weight on. Also isn't elite to the point to make up for that and go #1, I don't think.

Sounds a lot like what most people thought about Teddy Bridgewater coming out. I might watch some tape tonight and see myself. But I think he'll go as high as the Bears or Browns draft.

The Bears want to move on from Cutler eventually but he's owed some money so they might ride him for another year and groom Goff.

And Manziel is terrible. Even in the game he won it was clear that he can't play in this league. Plus the current regime didn't draft him so they would take Goff wherever he's available at.

For the record I think Hackenberg should go more in the 3rd round or something. I think it's possible that frustrated teams will reach for QBs. 

As far as Nick Martin being a 3rd rounder - maybe last year when he was playing on injuries that would've been fair. This year I think he's been much better than that, and probably the best all around interior lineman in the nation. That said, I could definitely see him going in round 2 rather than 1 too. 

To be fair to Martin, a lot of my analysis on him was more last year, I haven't got much of a sample size on him this year. If we could get him round 2, I would take that all day long. I just like Alexander better as both a player and the positions he excels at.

Sounds a lot like what most people thought about Teddy Bridgewater coming out. I might watch some tape tonight and see myself. But I think he'll go as high as the Bears or Browns draft.

The Bears want to move on from Cutler eventually but he's owed some money so they might ride him for another year and groom Goff.

And Manziel is terrible. Even in the game he won it was clear that he can't play in this league. Plus the current regime didn't draft him so they would take Goff wherever he's available at.

He's a less experienced Bridgwater, in a lot of ways.  I think he can be a nice player, and a top 10-15 pick, just not a #1.

Goff has a much, MUCH better arm than Teddy Bridgewater.    Much better.

And I think he's going to end up with a better body.    He may not have it now,  but I think he'll eventually have it in the NFL.

The question is translating running a spread into running an NFL offense.     Always much harder to do than many think.

Did the fanspeak mock and took this... Some of them are kinda unrealistic imo, but I took the guys I thought would be best:

22: R1P22

OLB DARRON LEE
OHIO STATE
53: R2P22

OT JASON SPRIGGS
INDIANA
85: R3P22

ILB KENTRELL BROTHERS
MISSOURI
117: R4P22

WR RASHARD HIGGINS
COLORADO STATE
148: R5P21

EVAN BOEHM
MISSOURI
211: R7P22

OLB KRIS FROST
AUBURN

Did the fanspeak mock and took this... Some of them are kinda unrealistic imo, but I took the guys I thought would be best:

22: R1P22

OLB DARRON LEE

OHIO STATE

53: R2P22

OT JASON SPRIGGS

INDIANA

85: R3P22

ILB KENTRELL BROTHERS

MISSOURI

117: R4P22

WR RASHARD HIGGINS

COLORADO STATE

148: R5P21

C EVAN BOEHM

MISSOURI

211: R7P22

OLB KRIS FROST

AUBURN

You don't want Brothers. I saw his tape and was unimpressed. Doesn't play with any sense of urgency. Makes very little plays.

You don't want Brothers. I saw his tape and was unimpressed. Doesn't play with any sense of urgency. Makes very little plays.

Really? I know analysts are kind of split on weather he's a late round pick or a guy that would go higher, and I haven't studied him (or anyone on the Missouri defense) sufficiently, but PFF loves him. They gave him a good coverage grade, which is one of the things I think we need out of ILBs. Of course Frost would probably be an ILB in our system too.

I would be disappointed if we drafted a LB there. We desperately need offensive linemen. I want BPA among available O-linemen. I would not mind a WR but that is not as urgent a need.

I believe for the Vikings I considered O-line, although I also figured Greenway is probably on his way out... But this is still quite early, it's hard to mock anything this far ahead. I'm sure everyone's mocks will keep improving as the season progresses, and they'll still all be wrong.