Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boom Herron Works Out For Patriots

Patagonia Chris

This is getting old and obvious they want intel. First, WHY DID WE LET BOOM GO?!

Second, Pats are fine at RB. They dont need Boom. Colts players never perform well in New England.

Why did the Colts let him go? I thought he was a solid back for you guys.

In terms of the Pats, they want depth at RB. Blount is a ground and pound guy and Lewis is more of a pass catching scat back. Herron would be a nice compliment. Plus, they believe in RB by committee anyways so always good to get quality talent on the cheap when you can.

im not sure how he did not make he 53, he was pretty much the go to guy late last season and during the playoffs, one little injury and he is gone before Ballard who has been injured for two years, now he is likely to sign with the Pats who in return probably just want a practice body and a bit of info lol, i don't question the coaches and upper management because i believe they are more competent at their job than i am, but this i cant get my head around.. almost sounds like a personal issue

Why is Boom gone forever, can't the Colts resign boom? I guess I missed the part that when a previously cut player works out for one of the other 31 teams, it prevents his original team from signing him again.

Having said that, I'd take Boom over Robinson right now.

Why is Boom gone forever, can't the Colts resign boom? I guess I missed the part that when a previously cut player works out for one of the other 31 teams, it prevents his original team from signing him again.

Having said that, I'd take Boom over Robinson right now.

Boom can't resign with the Colts for six weeks after he is deemed healthy, although he is able to sign with another team immediately. I doubt he is still available in Week 11. The injury he suffered was a sprained AC joint. He is most likely already healed from that injury.

No, but the fact that he was cut for a guy who hasn't played football in two years was a mistake, plain and simple. Boom would be the clear #2 RB if he were still on the Colts. Grigson gave away an asset for nothing.

You have no clue as to Boom being a #2. He has never been a starter and you talk like he is the Colts savior. It is real apparent all you can do is dis on the Colts every chance you get. Now you get your digs with your 1st comment in the thread. I just read that the Pats are looking at TRich. So that tells me that Boom is more than likely not signing with the Pats so your original comment has no merit.

You have no clue as to Boom being a #2. He has never been a starter and you talk like he is the Colts savior. It is real apparent all you can do is dis on the Colts every chance you get. Now you get your digs with your 1st comment in the thread. I just read that the Pats are looking at TRich. So that tells me that Boom is more than likely not signing with the Pats so your original comment has no merit.

I have no clue as Boom being the #2? He was the main back up for a majority of last season and was the starter once Bradshaw was out and Grigson finally threw in the towel on Richardson. Boom signed with the Buffalo Bills today. I've never suggested or even hinted at him being the savior, all I'm saying is that he could have provided value and produced for the Colts this season.

Doubt it. You don't need Intel on a team you've spanked the past 4 years

They already know how we are. Run the ball on them, coaches don't adjust. Run the ball some more & run the score up

So easy, a caveman can do it

I disagree. New England is always finding ways to one-up the opposition. They're perfectionists regarding the most minor of details. If they have an opportunity to gain another advantage on us, despite their overwhelming advantages, they will take it. You can ask several of the NFL players in the league and they'll tell you the Patriots nefarious ways. It was so bad, Peyton says he'd speak to coaches outside the locker room for fear of the Patriots planting bugs. Did the Patriots have to do such things? No, but did they? Of course they did.

You don't think the Patriots would try pulling that same information from our ex-teammates, especially a team they want "revenge" against?

I have no clue as Boom being the #2? He was the main back up for a majority of last season and was the starter once Bradshaw was out and Grigson finally threw in the towel on Richardson. Boom signed with the Buffalo Bills today. I've never suggested or even hinted at him being the savior, all I'm saying is that he could have provided value and produced for the Colts this season.

Boom became the starter through desperation. Only after other RBs were injured. That is exactly why the Bills signed him A desperation move because McCoy and Williams are out. This is week 4 and if he was that good he would have been picked up already.

Boom became the starter through desperation. Only after other RBs were injured. That is exactly why the Bills signed him A desperation move because McCoy and Williams are out. This is week 4 and if he was that good he would have been picked up already.

He was injured and wasn't eligible to sign with other teams until he was healthy due to the terms of an injury settlement. Yesterday was the first day he was eligible to sign with a team. So apparently he is so bad that multiple teams were interested in him as soon as he was eligible to sign with a team. Vick Ballard is still unemployed though.