Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Andre Johnson got his groove back

ColtsConsistency

Will this game have additional impact on how well Andre Johnson performs? I know with every play he's targeted that he aims for success.

Due to the terms in which he left and their idea of him being on the decline or washed up, will playing against his former team in his familiar stadium provide a dose of nostalgia?

Enough perhaps to be a key factor and find his stride again? Or will that just be more reason to clamp down on him more to show they were right along?

If you were Andre Johnson, what stance would you take? Treat it like just another game? Kind of easier said than done with the history between the two. Then again he is a professional after all, but thus far has not been a problem for Buffalo, Jets, Titans, or the Jags.

If he don't start playing better it makes no difference. He has had a couple of nice catches called back due to penalties but he don't seem to have any separation or the ability to block out a defender with his body and make a catch. He may be better suited to be a possession receiver that what we have seen from his past.

Will this game have additional impact on how well Andre Johnson performs? I know with every play he's targeted that he aims for success.

Due to the terms in which he left and their idea of him being on the decline or washed up, will playing against his former team in his familiar stadium provide a dose of nostalgia?

Enough perhaps to be a key factor and find his stride again? Or will that just be more reason to clamp down on him more to show they were right along?

If you were Andre Johnson, what stance would you take? Treat it like just another game? Kind of easier said than done with the history between the two. Then again he is a professional after all, but thus far has not been a problem for Buffalo, Jets, Titans, or the Jags.

The title is not really correct being AJ has not found his groove.

If there were ever going to be a game to get him motivated to prove Houston wrong, it would be Thursday's game. If he can't get anything going on Thursday, I would hate to say it, but Houston would've been 100% correct.

Basically, if I'm the Colts brass and I don't see much of anything from Andre on Thursday, Dorsett is getting more reps than him for the remainder of the season.

I think it will give him more fire to go out there and wash his previous team. But we all know that Hilton is the Texans slayer. I look for Hilton to have more of an Impact earlier on in the game and once the defense comes out in the second half and Key up Hilton i think that will open up the game for more Moncrief and hopefully Johnson. 

Andre just isn't fitting in. For what reasons, not sure but TY and Moncrief seem to be the guys Andrew/Hass are targeting and Fleener. Glad to see Fleener come alive yesterday. The Gore pickup has been OK so far but his fumbling issues is a concern, the Andre signing at this point is looking bad. He is nowhere near what Reggie Wayne was too us. I thought he would be similar to that.

I think Andre's looked like a washed up player so far this season.

I think Andre will be extra motivated to show the Texans wrong.

I hope it does, but not certain it'll matter.

Has anyone pondered the possibility that AJ's existence, and Reggie's absence, on this team, could be a source of any rift there may be between Grigs & Pags?