Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd Gurley

danlhart87

WOW is all I can say. He was unbelievable in the 2nd half. Wish we had him. He finished with what 146 yards? And he's got a high football IQ to go along with everything else. The kid is the total package. I think we're about to be looking at the best running back in the NFL

Wait til Leonard Fournette is in the NFL he is going to dominate what ever team gets him is so very lucky

My only knock for now is that I don't think Fournette has a ton of shake (i.e. he doesn't have a exceptional lateral movement in his jukes).  His changes in direction are more subtle and he's fast and strong enough to break the arm tackle as opposed to making guys miss completely.  Maybe that was just in the small sample size I've seen (watched parts of the Auburn and Syracuse games).  He runs upright a lot.  It's hard to tell how well he reads his blocks.  He at least seems adequate, but on a lot of his big plays, there's a huge gaping lane to run through.  He does get yards where there don't seem to be any, which is a plus.  I am not one to make comparisons based on hype or expectation, but his running style really does remind me of Adrian Peterson.  If that's his ceiling, any time would be lucky to have him.  

My only knock for now is that I don't think Fournette has a ton of shake (i.e. he doesn't have a exceptional lateral movement in his jukes). His changes in direction are more subtle and he's fast and strong enough to break the arm tackle as opposed to making guys miss completely. Maybe that was just in the small sample size I've seen (watched parts of the Auburn and Syracuse games). He runs upright a lot. It's hard to tell how well he reads his blocks. He at least seems adequate, but on a lot of his big plays, there's a huge gaping lane to run through. He does get yards where there don't seem to be any, which is a plus. I am not one to make comparisons based on hype or expectation, but his running style really does remind me of Adrian Peterson. If that's his ceiling, any time would be lucky to have him.

you are not the only one who has compared him to AP lol

you are not the only one who has compared him to AP lol

I know, and that's why I didn't want to say it.  Most people scoff at things like that because it's like poeple think that you're saying he's going to be the next greatest RB in the NFL.  That's not the case (only time will tell if he is the next greatest RB), but if I had a time machine and took Fournette back to 2006 and put him in a Sooners uniform #28, it'd be difficult to tell the difference.

For what it's worth.....

You know who was a really special running back in college his sophomore year?     You know,  like Fornette?

His name was Trent Richardson!     Seriously.    Not kidding.....

I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Fornette.    Only that he's a long way from the NFL.    2017 to be exact.

A lot can happen in that much time......

:peek:      

For what it's worth.....

You know who was a really special running back in college his sophomore year? You know, like Fornette?

His name was Trent Richardson! Seriously. Not kidding.....

I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Fornette. Only that he's a long way from the NFL. 2017 to be exact.

A lot can happen in that much time......

:peek:

Trent was never on Leonard's level people say Leonard could go the the NFL right now he's just not allowed

Trent was never on Leonard's level people say Leonard could go the the NFL right now he's just not allowed

While Luck was being referred to as the best QB prospect since Manning/Elway, Richardson was being referred to as the best RB prospect since AP.  Trent is a bust.  Everyone knows it NOW.  Heading up to that draft though was a very, VERY different story.  99% of scouts, media heads, and anyone else whose opinion someone with a camera pretended to care about LOVED Trent.  "Trent was never on Leonard's level"....that's just ignorant and untrue.  That would have to put Leonard on "Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson" level and that level only exists in fiction.

While Luck was being referred to as the best QB prospect since Manning/Elway, Richardson was being referred to as the best RB prospect since AP. Trent is a bust. Everyone knows it NOW. Heading up to that draft though was a very, VERY different story. 99% of scouts, media heads, and anyone else whose opinion someone with a camera pretended to care about LOVED Trent. "Trent was never on Leonard's level"....that's just ignorant and untrue. That would have to put Leonard on "Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson" level and that level only exists in fiction.

Trent was not this good as fast as Leonard this is Fournettes sophomore season and he was fantastic as a true freshman

While Luck was being referred to as the best QB prospect since Manning/Elway, Richardson was being referred to as the best RB prospect since AP. Trent is a bust. Everyone knows it NOW. Heading up to that draft though was a very, VERY different story. 99% of scouts, media heads, and anyone else whose opinion someone with a camera pretended to care about LOVED Trent. "Trent was never on Leonard's level"....that's just ignorant and untrue. That would have to put Leonard on "Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson" level and that level only exists in fiction.

Leonard is a better prospect than Trent, and this is from someone who loved Richardson as a prospect.

• 2 weeks later...

My only knock for now is that I don't think Fournette has a ton of shake (i.e. he doesn't have a exceptional lateral movement in his jukes).  His changes in direction are more subtle and he's fast and strong enough to break the arm tackle as opposed to making guys miss completely.  Maybe that was just in the small sample size I've seen (watched parts of the Auburn and Syracuse games).  He runs upright a lot.  It's hard to tell how well he reads his blocks.  He at least seems adequate, but on a lot of his big plays, there's a huge gaping lane to run through.  He does get yards where there don't seem to be any, which is a plus.  I am not one to make comparisons based on hype or expectation, but his running style really does remind me of Adrian Peterson.  If that's his ceiling, any time would be lucky to have him.  

Yeah, he reminds me more of Gordon from Wisconsin who is stinking it up in San Diego.  Gurley was THE MAN and a cut way above his peers.   Fournette may be like a middling Alabama back (all of them seem to fail in the league compared to expectations).  Sure, the NO RB killed us, but he's been a slow build since being drafted.  Lacy is hurt and awful this year.  That other Wisconsin back (already forgot his name) from Denver last year sure sucked badly.  I have to laugh because I picked Gurley up on Waivers in 8 of my fantasy leagues just before he started to play... and he's KILLING it!  

Yeah, he reminds me more of Gordon from Wisconsin who is stinking it up in San Diego.  Gurley was THE MAN and a cut way above his peers.   Fournette may be like a middling Alabama back (all of them seem to fail in the league compared to expectations).  Sure, the NO RB killed us, but he's been a slow build since being drafted.  Lacy is hurt and awful this year.  That other Wisconsin back (already forgot his name) from Denver last year sure sucked badly.  I have to laugh because I picked Gurley up on Waivers in 8 of my fantasy leagues just before he started to play... and he's KILLING it!  

Gurley has been on a tear.  I still think there's hope for Gordon, but it hasn't looked good, that's for sure.