Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB's For Houston Game

dw49

I see they lifted Mallett today. Pretty bad game statically...Anyone heard anything on who might be starting next week for them ? I'm guessing Mallett as I don't think they want to go back and forth... Obviously the Colts are hoping Luck can go but no sure thing there either....

I see they lifted Mallett today. Pretty bad game statically...Anyone heard anything on who might be starting next week for them ? I'm guessing Mallett as I don't think they want to go back and forth... Obviously the Colts are hoping Luck can go but no sure thing there either....

Two sides of the same coin at this point. It was the same story in Week 1, just swap the two QBs. Neither of them are any good.

Two sides of the same coin at this point. It was the same story in Week 1, just swap the two QBs. Neither of them are any good.

I was wrong about the Colts but so far spot on with Houston. Last place schedule and lots of stupid faith in a guy they bought for a 6th rounder. 

It's wierd how the offense looked much better (minus the 2 fumbles) with a game managing over-the-hill quarterback than it has with a gunslinging superstar.  I wish I knew if it was more Hasselbeck's calls at the line or Pep changing his offensive strategy.  I feel comfortable with Hasselbeck next week if Luck can't go.  Maybe Luck will learn something watching from the sideline.  Like making high percentage short throws to your playmakers and let them make plays instead of trying to be a hero everygame.  Was it me, or did Hasselbeck seem to not be hit as much as Luck?  And, to me, Holmes seemed to be the weak link today on the line.

It's wierd how the offense looked much better (minus the 2 fumbles) with a game managing over-the-hill quarterback than it has with a gunslinging superstar.  I wish I knew if it was more Hasselbeck's calls at the line or Pep changing his offensive strategy.  I feel comfortable with Hasselbeck next week if Luck can't go.  Maybe Luck will learn something watching from the sideline.  Like making high percentage short throws to your playmakers and let them make plays instead of trying to be a hero everygame.  Was it me, or did Hasselbeck seem to not be hit as much as Luck?

I think they're changing the offensive strategy.  I think by now they figure 5-7 step drop backs, and the overly long developing routes that the OL isn't capable of blocking for have not really worked.

I hope he plays but the Colts didn't say that, the insiders said that and they said Luck was getting rehab an hour after the game to hopefully be ready.

Short week, we get back to practice tomorrow, and I bet half the team will be DNP or limited. Luck ought to be in treatment nonstop, and whatever else they can have him do to get ready to play. If he couldn't play today, it's not surprising that he'd be considered 50/50 right now. We'll see.

I was wrong about the Colts but so far spot on with Houston. Last place schedule and lots of stupid faith in a guy they bought for a 6th rounder. 

Wrong about the Colts offense today with MH?

Seriously, he looked like he was fully cooked in the preseason. Like Thanksgiving turkey. 

Wrong about the Colts offense today with MH?

Seriously, he looked like he was fully cooked in the preseason. Like Thanksgiving turkey. 

That too.

But I said before the season started that Houston was a paper tiger and the Colts were primed to go to the SB.

That too.

But I said before the season started that Houston was a paper tiger and the Colts were primed to go to the SB.

Ah. Probably right about Houston. No QBs, little talent at the skill positions, and generally anywhere aside from Watt. 

The Colts aren't primed for anything right now. If the offense can come around, maybe... But right now, the Pats, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers (with Ben), are all better. I thought we'd be in the mix for home field. Long way to go there...

Ah. Probably right about Houston. No QBs, little talent at the skill positions, and generally anywhere aside from Watt. 

The Colts aren't primed for anything right now. If the offense can come around, maybe... But right now, the Pats, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers (with Ben), are all better. I thought we'd be in the mix for home field. Long way to go there...

Yep

they did get Foster back and he's a Colts killer and he doesn't need many touches to run wild on the Colts., given his history.

The Colts are just trying to weather the storm right now and get healthy and figure things out without completely drowning. This starts the heart of the Colts schedule. I said a couple of weeks ago they had two weeks to figure things out. I am not super optmitisc about what the next few weeks will bring given how they are doing right now.

I think Andrew plays but I thought he would today and was wrong. Looking forward to some good Football come Thursday. Just tell Watt to take it easy on Andrew or Hass.

Thanks, I'll pass the message, as long as you tell Andrew to sit and take this game off too :) Should be a good one.

Not sure it matters as Houston is 25 in points allowed this year. We, myself included, overrated that defense. I feel bad for Wilfork that he went there but this is a bad, bad season for them. This should be the Colts easiest game of the season thus far even without Luck if he does not play.

Mallett played hurt again. He was having a chest issue like last year. Hoyer played well in relief, albeit against a defense that wasn't going full throttle.

What is going on with the D this year? I just posted that Houston is ranked 25 in points allowed? Is it the talent, coaching? How is big Vince looking?

What is going on with the D this year? I just posted that Houston is ranked 25 in points allowed? Is it the talent, coaching? How is big Vince looking?

I haven't had the pleasure of watching any games yet this season due to my work schedule, but I'll have my first look on Thursday. It isn't rocket science...when your D is constantly on the field they get gassed. We've played against some of the better QBs in the league too...Cam, Ryan...

We actually limited Devonta Freeman in terms of yardage, despite his TD runs. He did a much better job against that vaunted and celebrated Dallas defense. Four games does not make a season, but the Texans do need to step up and play some ball, starting on Thursday.

Mallett and Hoyer are two second rate athletes competing not for a starters job for only for a job. The coach never wanted Mallett on this team but got over ruled. Hoyer is well liked in the clubhouse which means they will buy him a phone for his birthday so he can call them next season from where he is sitting the bench. The Houston fans hate both of them and the owners of this goofy franchise. I live in Houston and they are ready to burn the house down. Mallett (12 of 27 w/150 yds.) played in nine series against the Falcons with zero points. Hoyer (17 of 30 w/232 yards) came in with the score 42-0 and they scored three times.  Thursdays game is in Houston and while Houston is famous for not booing its teams this game may break that mold. If the Colts go ahead early it could get nasty in the fans seats. Stay tuned.