Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Underachieving or the need to win?

Nesjan3

I have been watching the Colts for almost 40 years now and since around 2003-04 is when we really just became accustomed to winning, im not complaining but im just looking to start a debate on the intricates of the nfl, one of my best friends live in SF and is an Raider fan, every single season, they just hope for wins, one game at a time a win is all they want, they never think about anything but winning that day, compared to here in Indy, before the season starts we are talking superbowl, its been like that since Manning was drafted,i understand the want to win, but bringing in these vets and saying your here to help us win a title now, maybe is putting too much pressure on guys who don't want the elevated role, with the outside pressure the expectations and the management issues our team is clearly struggling, we need a coach who can relieve the team of these struggles and get them to just go out and play football, the talent is there...  the leader is not

I have been watching the Colts for almost 40 years now and since around 2003-04 is when we really just became accustomed to winning, im not complaining but im just looking to start a debate on the intricates of the nfl, one of my best friends live in SF and is an Raider fan, every single season, they just hope for wins, one game at a time a win is all they want, they never think about anything but winning that day, compared to here in Indy, before the season starts we are talking superbowl, its been like that since Manning was drafted,i understand the want to win, but bringing in these vets and saying your here to help us win a title now, maybe is putting too much pressure on guys who don't want the elevated role, with the outside pressure the expectations and the management issues our team is clearly struggling, we need a coach who can relieve the team of these struggles and get them to just go out and play football, the talent is there...  the leader is not

Some of the free agent vets have go,e on record saying that the colts were their team of choice becaise they felt Luck & co. offered the best opportunity for a ring...

Too bad those vets are now mailing in their weekly performances by dropping passes, or blowing huge opportunities & negating any porlsitive momentum with goal line fumbles...

Maybe the Colts have been over achieving the last three season instead of what you say? It is unheard of for a team to go through what the Colts have and have three 11-5 seasons out of the gate. A player that don't want that elevated roll needs to find another team to play on. No matter who the coach is there are a couple of positions we need better players at and no matter who the coach is it will not be better till those positions of need are filled.

Maybe the Colts have been over achieving the last three season instead of what you say? 

That's the truth of it. Doesn't mean the team can't play better, or that the roster can't be better, or that the coaching can't be better. They aren't performing at optimal levels right now, that's for sure, and there's plenty to be frustrated with. But there hasn't been a bunch of underperforming since 2012; just the opposite. 

That's the truth of it. Doesn't mean the team can't play better, or that the roster can't be better, or that the coaching can't be better. They aren't performing at optimal levels right now, that's for sure, and there's plenty to be frustrated with. But there hasn't been a bunch of underperforming since 2012; just the opposite. 

I agree with that for sure. It always can be better but it really shouldn't come as a big surprise when they don't.