Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's MRI: Negative; no structural damage

zibby43

He merely has a shoulder bruise.

Andrew Luck underwent an MRI earlier in the week that showed he is dealing with a bruised shoulder, according to Adam Schefter (via Twitter).

Regardless, the Colts still sat him today.  Need that bruise to heal.

That's all fine and dandy. But still doesn't excuse the fact that our GM and coaching staff is getting Luck battered. We're supposed to just sit back and wait till they get the line right or play calls that actually gets the ball out of Lucks hands fast. This is gone on to long. Luck is starting to regress with this crap coaching staff

That's all fine and dandy. But still doesn't excuse the fact that our GM and coaching staff is getting Luck battered. We're supposed to just sit back and wait till they get the line right or play calls that actually gets the ball out of Lucks hands fast. This is gone on to long. Luck is starting to regress with this crap coaching staff

All I'm doing is reporting the good news, which is that there is no structural damage to the shoulder (i.e., no damage to the rotator cuff, labrum, etc.).

Structural damage repair is not a 100% lock when it comes to professional athletes like QBs, pitchers, etc.  They just put so much more stress on those structural components. 

All that said, I agree with your message.

All I'm doing is reporting the good news, which is that there is no structural damage to the shoulder (i.e., no damage to the rotator cuff, labrum, etc.).

Structural damage repair is not a 100% lock when it comes to professional athletes like QBs, pitchers, etc. They just put so much more stress on those structural components.

All that said, I agree with your message.

Yeah sorry bro, just frustrated. Bruise today can be much more serious next time. Every game Luck is back there getting beat like a piñata. I think any other qb would have already been injured. The hits are starting to take a toll on him. He's forcing a lot, rushing his throws.

Totally agree.  Luck has been hit more than any other QB in the league the past four years and it has to stop.  Not taking steps to build an offensive line that is even decent is criminal in my book.  Coaches and GM should be held accountable for their dismal failure to even attempt to build a decent line.  Or have they been trying, and just are really bad at evaluating talent?  Either way....it's bad.

He merely has a shoulder bruise.

Merely? For you or me that might be true. Obviously no NFL team is going to be very forthcoming about injuries and the Colts are no different. Just the fact he is sitting out at a point this season could go into the dumpster is a strong indication this is no "mere" bruise. 2011, here we come.

The sooner this WHOLE regime is out of here the BETTER off Luck will be. Grigs has done some good things in finding talent and putting this team on the verge HOWEVER NOT addressing that o-line to protect the franchise qb GOING ON 4yrs now is insane!!! Andrew getting HURT was bound to happen considering the big shots he takes GAME after GAME... Why? Having a 40yr old qb with DECLINING SKILLS making 3 MILLION DOLLARS as his backup is JUST as crazy! Having an oc in Pep that didn't even call the plays at Stanford come into the NFL and call plays because he was FAMILIAR with Luck... Are you kidding me?! Having a retread dc in Greg Mac who's knock has ALWAYS been the running of a "vanilla" 3-4 base defense that lacked aggression and was void of the exotic blitzes packages needed to MAXIMIZE the scheme. Then there's Chuck a 1st time hc who lacks OVERALL game management and toughness needed to sit UNDERACHIEVING players. I GUARANTEE Belichick would NOT sit back and watch the oc call plays with the qb holding the ball behind a poor o-line in order to hit the big play. This EXPERIMENT needs to be over like in yesterday!!! Time to get a staff with some CHAMPIONSHIP credentials!!!!

The sooner this WHOLE regime is out of here the BETTER off Luck will be. Grigs has done some good things in finding talent and putting this team on the verge HOWEVER NOT addressing that o-line to protect the franchise qb GOING ON 4yrs now is insane!!! Andrew getting HURT was bound to happen considering the big shots he takes GAME after GAME... Why? Having a 40yr old qb with DECLINING SKILLS making 3 MILLION DOLLARS as his backup is JUST as crazy! Having an oc in Pep that didn't even call the plays at Stanford come into the NFL and call plays because he was FAMILIAR with Luck... Are you kidding me?! Having a retread dc in Greg Mac who's knock has ALWAYS been the running of a "vanilla" 3-4 base defense that lacked aggression and was void of the exotic blitzes packages needed to MAXIMIZE the scheme. Then there's Chuck a 1st time hc who lacks OVERALL game management and toughness needed to sit UNDERACHIEVING players. I GUARANTEE Belichick would NOT sit back and watch the oc call plays with the qb holding the ball behind a poor o-line in order to hit the big play. This EXPERIMENT needs to be over like in yesterday!!! Time to get a staff with some CHAMPIONSHIP credentials!!!!

Agreed, the longer Grigson and Pagano are here the shorter Luck's career will be.  

The time is now, we should have our pick of candidates for both GM and HC.  

Merely? For you or me that might be true. Obviously no NFL team is going to be very forthcoming about injuries and the Colts are no different. Just the fact he is sitting out at a point this season could go into the dumpster is a strong indication this is no "mere" bruise. 2011, here we come.

They're playing Jacksonville. At home. With a more than capable backup. And they play in 4 more days. They just don't want luck playing 2 games in 5 days with a bruised shoulder.

Teams get in trouble, fairly serious trouble, for lying about the nature of injuries.

But a deep bruise to soft tissue can be extremely difficult to play with and I can understand why the Colts are playing it safe. 

They're playing Jacksonville. At home. With a more than capable backup. And they play in 4 more days. They just don't want luck playing 2 games in 5 days with a bruised shoulder.

IF that was true, he should have played today and sat out Watt on Thursday. This way we probably lose both games and Luck is hammered. But I think it is all smoke. You don't throw away this critical game if Luck' s just banged up. He won't play Thursday either.