Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck OUT

bababooey

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck is getting the biggest deal in the league. Costanzo got a huge deal and so did Hilton. Fleener or Allen is going to get a mid-level deal. Gore is getting around 5 million for the next 3 years. Johnson is getting around 7 million the next 3 years. By that time we're looking at re-signing Moncrief or Dorsett long term at around 7+ million annually. 

Now tell me how a guard averaging around 8 million a year fits in there.

Lol. You included two guys who the colts signed instead of Iupati

Gore is only guaranteed 6.5m.

Johnson is only guaranteed 10m

Castonzo's deal was fairly team friendly IMO.

Mid level deals for tight ends aren't that roster shattering

The salary cap will continue to grow

why do you put so much stock in the pre-season

I don't at all. Pre-season just happens to be the only game action seen by Matt in the last couple of years so anyone evaluating him can only go by that. Like I said earlier hopefully Matt WILL show some of his former self like you said because that will help in BEATING the lowly Jags!!! :thmup:   

I don't at all. Pre-season just happens to be the only game action seen by Matt in the last couple of years so anyone evaluating him can only go by that. Like I said earlier hopefully Matt WILL show some of his former self like you said because that will help in BEATING the lowly Jags!!! :thmup:

Not picking on you... we all do that a lot.

Because we have 'nothing else to go on' we put a lot more stock in the in pre-season than we should.

They tell us that pre-season means nothing but we don't hear it.

as far as Matt goes......You will be a witness.! WE all will.

Are you serious?

Have you seen Mathis' play so far this year? He would not be much of an upgrade over what we're currently dealing with, and his insistence that he is worth big money is what led to his ousting from Philly.

And as far as Iupati is concerned, we couldn't afford him. You do realize that we have to pay Luck, Hilton, Costanzo, Fleener, Allen, and several others moving forward right? Paying top guard money isn't really an option. It was in Arizona because other than Fitzgerald, they aren't spending a significant amount of cap on their offensive skill players.

We couldn't afford him? So how did we afford Andre Johnson, an old washed WR.

Lol. You included two guys who the colts signed instead of Iupati

Gore is only guaranteed 6.5m.

Johnson is only guaranteed 10m

Castonzo's deal was fairly team friendly IMO.

Mid level deals for tight ends aren't that roster shattering

The salary cap will continue to grow

We couldn't afford him? So how did we afford Andre Johnson, an old washed WR.

That was Grigson's move. Don't hassle me for what he gave us to work with. 

With the moves he's made, giving an average of 8 million a year to a guard obviously isn't high on his list of priorities. 

It's hard to pay top dollar for an offensive line, and put good skill players behind them.

And no % the cap is going up. 

You know what's going up with it? 

Player deals. 

A growing cap doesn't simply mean we have an endless amount to spend on talent. The salary cap is going to be restrictive no matter how much it goes up per season or how high it goes in the end. 

That was Grigson's move. Don't hassle me for what he gave us to work with. 

With the moves he's made, giving an average of 8 million a year to a guard obviously isn't high on his list of priorities. 

It's hard to pay top dollar for an offensive line, and put good skill players behind them.

And no % the cap is going up. 

You know what's going up with it? 

Player deals. 

A growing cap doesn't simply mean we have an endless amount to spend on talent. The salary cap is going to be restrictive no matter how much it goes up per season or how high it goes in the end.

Player deals go up? No %, but we will already have some players signed. And some guys, and there salaries, will be gone. Good lord, polian had to pay Peyton, Marvin, DC, Freeney, Bob, Edge, Reggie, etc.

Colts fans do not know how good Matt Hasselbeck is..they just don't. They have followed largely just the Colts

Stay tuned.

We have the best backup QB in the league

For the record i wasn't saying anything to talk down on him, I've watched hasselbeck since his seahawk days

And as you will recall, we weren't paying huge money to guards then either. The only offensive linemen who really cashed in under Polian was Saturday and Glenn.

I never said I wanted Iupati, but the colts could have afforded him. But we can agree to disagree

It's smart to rest him, considering we have a tough one coming up Thursday.

Never said it wasn't smart to rest him.  I only pointed out that Farve had the luxury of never having to play Thursday Night games during his streak of Most Consecutive Games Started.  So it will be harder for players to reach that now with the shorter week playing into effective into decisions.