Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck OUT

bababooey

Im not too worried with hasselbeck simply cause hell just do dinks and dunks which is what pep should have been doing more often with luck

Colts fans do not know how good Matt Hasselbeck is..they just don't. They have followed largely just the Colts

Stay tuned.

We have the best backup QB in the league

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good decision..we have anotehr gamer Thursday....at Houston..

We'llbe fine....I want all the people who don't think Matt Hasselbeck can play to watch closely starting at 1 p.m.

This temporary...1 game fill-in role for a playoff team is exactly why we got him

I agree. We will win this game by at least 7-10 points.

Now the game is in the HANDS of a 40yr old qb being PAID 3 MILLION DOLLARS for this season ALONE yet the overall gameplan is to feed Gore because the backup is old with DECLINING SKILLS!!! Now when the Jags decide to CROWD the box against the o-line and take away the RUN what will Pep do? 

Colts fans do not know how good Matt Hasselbeck is..they just don't. They have followed largely just the Colts

Stay tuned.

Maybe a few years ago. He looked so done in preseason. Gore has to break the 100 yard mark for us today.

Now the game is in the HANDS of a 40yr old qb being PAID 3 MILLION DOLLARS for this season ALONE yet the overall gameplan is to feed Gore because the backup is old with DECLINING SKILLS!!! Now when the Jags decide to CROWD the box against the o-line and take away the RUN what will Pep do?

Throw it downfield huck it chuck it fooballlll #justpephamiltonthings

Stay tuned.

I do not believe we have the best back up in the league.  The good and the bad of Hasselbeck is his experience.  

LOL @ you. Collins ex was murdered he was not a suspect the police literally wanted to ask him a couple questions. You don't even know what you're talking about. Continue to live in your fantasy world where Grigson is doing his best. If you throw a pick at Collins then he's ours. When he's undrafted everyone has an equal shot at him to offer the same money then he's the one that gets to choose. Doesn't matter if only one coach wanted incognito, he still can play at a high level and not wanting him because he's a bully is so dumb I can't even imagine thinking that way.

Reading is a skill you should invest in. 

Really. Sincerely. 

Stay tuned.

I hope you are right Matt was a good QBI am just hoping he is good for a game or 2 if needed but father time catches up with everyone .

Stay tuned.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know exactly what he is and also what he was.

He used to be a pretty damn good quarterback, who excelled in the west coast offense. 

He is now 40 years old and the only way he can be successful is to get the ball out quickly. 

Just pray that we hand the ball off to Gore about 30 times today. If not then Jacksonville has a good chance of beating us. 

People need to stop with this "well Romo got hurt and he's got the best o line ever!!!!11!" talk.

Luck has taken the most hits and sacks every year since he's came into the league. ANY QB taking that amount of hits is likely to get hurt at some point.

I agree. People will say that Luck is responsible for some of the hits on its own and that is probably true but one reason for that is that Luck just can't trust his line and that off course leads to some risky decisions. Grigson needs to go! 

Andrew will play against the Texans unless his injury is worse than advertised. To me not playing Andrew today is a precautionary thing considering we have a game Thursday. We will see.

I am not that sold. Luck gets an extra 4 days to heal, but passes on one of the worst defenses in the NFL and plays against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Doesn't add up to me. 

If it were precautionary then we would still start Luck, and run Gore several times early in the game. If it turned into a shootout then we could bring MH in.

Luck missing this game should be very alarming to every Colts fan. 

There is no way to sugarcoat this. 

Since Hasselbeck makes better decisions and has a quicker release than Luck, we'll probably score at least 28 points today.

If Hasselbeck can get his body and arm to act like his well talented football mind, we might get a W today. Run. Run. Run the beast.

The posts on this forum are becoming unbearable. Feels like nobody is even remotely logical anymore.

I know. Some people want to give up on the season already but we will win today and then Andrew will play Thursday as how I see it. I am relaxed still. I think resting Andrew is because we play Thursday. Makes sense to me.

I am not that sold. Luck gets an extra 4 days to heal, but passes on one of the worst defenses in the NFL and plays against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Doesn't add up to me. 

If it were precautionary then we would still start Luck, and run Gore several times early in the game. If it turned into a shootout then we could bring MH in.

We will see, if he cant play Thursday then it's time to worry. Until then lets see how it pans out.

You know I'm right so just try to make fun of me right? I make a living as a numbers guy btw.

Oh, I'm sure you do. 

I myself am a professional rapper. 

What that has to do with anything is beyond me but I digress.

I have been MORE than critical of Grigson. I cannot defend his job surrounding this team. 

Collins went undrafted because everyone in the league understands, unlike you, that anyone sought for questioning in connection with a murder, and I will use a direct quote from my brother who was a 20+ year sheriff's deputy (There's your jobs thing again) "is on the waiting list to be a suspect."

Grigson couldn't force him to sign with us. He may have taken a lesser offer than we made to sign with Dallas. Grigson made the effort. Collins chose otherwise. 

And you're all about Incognito. I get it. Good on you. 

But we didn't take him for obvious reasons that the bad outweighs the good. 30 other teams joined us. 

But maybe you're just a genius that is smarter than 31 NFL front offices and coaching staffs. 

So I guess you probably won't be making that living with numbers much longer. Don't forget us when you're building the next great NFL dynasty. 

Now the game is in the HANDS of a 40yr old qb being PAID 3 MILLION DOLLARS for this season ALONE yet the overall gameplan is to feed Gore because the backup is old with DECLINING SKILLS!!! Now when the Jags decide to CROWD the box against the o-line and take away the RUN what will Pep do?

Want to calm down....Phantom?....google Matt Hasselbeck's career record....its very comforting

I loved Matt H in Seattle.if he can bring some of that we'll be fine. I don't think he could make the season but one game he should be good.

I don't think that's the point of people frustration. We have watched Luck get killed since we have drafted him. Bad online, bad play calling. This is a wake up call. He will continue to get injured if something is not done.

Luck is injured worst than what they will admit today.  If he's not going to play this is the team that he shouldn't play against.  The  Jags defense is not as good as the Texans.  So Matt should have more success.  If Luck has a bruise then give him more time to get better.  I Think the Texans defense will eat Hasselback alive.

If the Colts can't beat the Jags without Luck at home then we are really in trouble.

Actually, I am the artist formerly known as Joan Waylon.

And now we will wait and see who has been around here some years and who has not.

I remember you guys joking around about your name, but really never knew all the details of it.

After 20 years of memberships on Colts boards, I have learned to just skim through most of it.

We knew he would be.  Hopefully MH will execute a shorter throwing game.

Hopefully, Pep has installed a shorter passing game for Matt.  The Jags defense, so far, has not been very good, so the Colts may be alright with MH at Qb.  That is, unless Pep is still stubbornly sticking to his philosophy of no short passing.

We're at home against a team that just gave up 51 points. We can win this game without Luck. Obviously Andrew's health is more important moving forward. I rather see him out there on the road Thursday night. I'm hoping Hasselbeck can still play though

Worst motivation ever. They gave up 51 points to the team that's outscored us the past 4 matchups like 800-150

We would've gave up those same 51 points and probably will when we play them again. Jags aren't as bad as they use to be

Bigger jerk: Incognito or Grigson for not even meeting with him?

That would be a silly move because the Stanford connection,A. Luck, Fleener, Whalen were teammates with J. Martin before the draft, and after we got another 2 and D.Parry and H. Anderson aren't soft at all. So Incognito were never an option. But E. Mathis, M. Iupati were so Grigson may go after the season.

I remember you guys joking around about your name, but really never knew all the details of it.

After 20 years of memberships on Colts boards, I have learned to just skim through most of it.

Lol so true. With all the forum changes, name changes and craziness that was going on I did the same. Heck, I got sick of rejoining the forums with all the changes and just read as a guest for a long time.

Yeah, the legend of Joan Waylon is probably around 10 years old now. I won't repeat it. Really, I can't. That guy was so outrageous I'm not even able to recant the story. But those who saw the thread instantly remember it when the subject comes up. it was just that far out there. It may have been the single greatest thread in the forum's history. I BEGGED TubaGuy not to delete it. I had screenshots of it saved on an external hard drive until it malfunctioned. 

That would be a silly move because the Stanford connection,A. Luck, Fleener, Whalen were teammates with J. Martin before the draft, and after we got another 2 and D.Parry and H. Anderson aren't soft at all. So Incognito were never an option. But E. Mathis, M. Iupati were so Grigson may go after the season.

I have already shut down the Iupati and Mathis connection. 

This isn't Madden, it wasn't a possibility.

And Mathis has been just as bad as any of our guards this season, so there's that for a cherry on top.

People need to stop with this "well Romo got hurt and he's got the best o line ever!!!!11!" talk.

Luck has taken the most hits and sacks every year since he's came into the league. ANY QB taking that amount of hits is likely to get hurt at some point.

I agree with you man that something obviously needs to change in regards to protecting Luck, but if I remember correctly I don't think Lucks taken the most sacks, I think it's just hits. Which honestly is probably worse because hits occur a lot more than sacks.

It's okay. We can probably get by the Jags (& Texans) without him. It's probably for the best. Let him take a break recover and come back 110%. #FeedGore 

We barely got by the Titans with him. (And we had to overcome a double digit 4th quarter lead to accomplish that.)

The Jags passing game can have some success, especially against our secondary. 

This isn't going to be some walk in the park.