Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Caldwell having trouble in Detroit

RockThatBlue

Lol, not much to see on his face. He never shows emotion.

Why does his facial expression bother so many people? That's a serious question.

As for him "having trouble in Detroit", I don't see why. The Lions really have not played that badly. The Lions have not played worse than the Saints, the Colts, the Eagles, or the Dolphins (all teams that most people expected to make the playoffs). Why single out the Lions?

Why does his facial expression bother so many people? That's a serious question.

As for him "having trouble in Detroit", I don't see why. The Lions really have not played that badly. The Lions have not played worse than the Saints, the Colts, the Eagles, or the Dolphins (all teams that most people expected to make the playoffs). Why single out the Lions?

They single the Lions out because most Colts fans hate Jim Caldwell because he doesn't crap his pants from anger during games, thus remaining stoic.

It's 1 of the best memes this forum every produced/shared.

The Lions played great last Sunday. I haven't seen their other games but there's no way they're 0-3 and have played like that in their other games. I have no clue what that means going for and all...but just sayin.

Master of facial arts

One word that wasn't used is, he looks perplexed in every photo. Jim Caldwell with Peyton 14-2 and a SB appearance in his first season. Jim Caldwell without Peyton just the opposite 2-14 in his last season. He isn't a good Head Coach plain and simple. He got lucky Dungy retired and he inherited the Colts Head Coaching job when everyone of our great players were still in their primes.

The guy got us to a Super Bowl. I have much respect tor him. He was a very classy and respectable man, in the mold of Dungy. I like him and wish him the best.

He too had OL and defensive issues to overcome while here, and still got results.

I had NO issues with his temperment. He was a professional while here, seemed to be well prepared , and the players liked him.

One word that wasn't used is, he looks perplexed in every photo. Jim Caldwell with Peyton 14-2 and a SB appearance in his first season. Jim Caldwell without Peyton just the opposite 2-14 in his last season. He isn't a good Head Coach plain and simple. He got lucky Dungy retired and he inherited the Colts Head Coaching job when everyone of our great players were still in their primes.

I don't see it that way. He had suspect talent in 2009 and in the 2-14 season.

The difference? MANNING.

I doubt even Belichek would have done better with that roster..... With or without cameras or needles. haha

I don't see it that way. He had suspect talent in 2009 and in the 2-14 season.

The difference? MANNING.

I doubt even Belichek would have done better with that roster..... With or without cameras or needles. haha

I don't know? We were pretty good talent wise in 2009. Mathis, Freeney, and Brackett all were in their primes on Defense. Wayne and Clark were as well on Offense and Saturday was a Great Center with a lot of experience. Anyway one thing I will give him he was the Coach that got us to the SB in his first season something that took Dungy 5 seasons to do. Although Dungy completed the deal and we won it all. I love your last sentence by the way, "cameras or needles" is right on.

I don't know? We were pretty good talent wise in 2009. Mathis, Freeney, and Brackett all were in their primes on Defense. Wayne and Clark were as well on Offense and Saturday was a Great Center with a lot of experience. Anyway one thing I will give him he was the Coach that got us to the SB in his first season something that took Dungy 5 seasons to do. Although Dungy completed the deal and we won it all. I love your last sentence by the way, "cameras or needles" is right on.

Everything went wrong for us in that SB.

Garçon missing wide open 3rd down. It was a double whammy. We punted they got the ball and scored a field goal.

From 2'1, we couldn't get 1 yard and punted.

They scored of it.

Freeney got injured and didn't play second half.

Hank baskett drop of onside kick.

It was just a bad night for Colts.

Everything went wrong for us in that SB.

Garçon missing wide open 3rd down. It was a double whammy. We punted they got the ball and scored a field goal.

From 2'1, we couldn't get 1 yard and punted.

They scored of it.

Freeney got injured and didn't play second half.

Hank baskett drop of onside kick.

It was just a bad night for Colts.

Everything that went wrong, did. The Onside Kick was a killer to start the 2nd Half. They got that and went down and scored. Freeney's injury really hurt us too, he played great in the 1st Half but couldn't go in the 2nd Half. We held Brees in check until the 2nd Half. When Peyton got up 10-0 or more in any game as a Colt we won over 90% of the time. We were up 10-0 in that one. That should've been Peyton's 2nd Ring right there.

Everything that went wrong, did. The Onside Kick was a killer to start the 2nd Half. They got that and went down and scored. Freeney's injury really hurt us too, he played great in the 1st Half but couldn't go in the 2nd Half. We held Brees in check until the 2nd Half. When Peyton got up 10-0 or more in any game as a Colt we won over 90% of the time. We were up 10-0 in that one. That should've been Peyton's 2nd Ring right there.

I can't remember the first half, but one thing that stood out to me was Brees' performance. He was like 30/32 or something crazy. Might have even been a perfect QB rating. In particular, everyone in chat was yelling about our soft cover 2 defense and how Brees was throwing it to the inside receiver on curl routes, and the Colts defenders just kept letting Brees do that E-V-E-R-Y time. We gave him everything underneath and did nothing to stop it.

I think Caldwell is a solid coach and thought he did a great job in 2009. It is interesting the different perspectives on the Super Bowl. The Saints IMO were the better all around team and I was surprised when they got down 10-0 but that defense and Brees were fantastic that year. The onside kick and Freeney's injury were probably the two biggest factor in the game.

I know. That game makes me cringe. That was a Colts win right there.

I think Caldwell is a solid coach and thought he did a great job in 2009. It is interesting the different perspectives on the Super Bowl. The Saints IMO were the better all around team and I was surprised when they got down 10-0 but that defense and Brees were fantastic that year. The onside kick and Freeney's injury were probably the two biggest factor in the game.

Saints were solid that season but I felt like we were the better team but just got some unlucky breaks. Colts were favored in that game by 5.5 I think as well. That's the thing about Football, the better team doesn't always win. I felt like the Patriots were better than Giants both times but look what happened. Giants made some key crucial plays, some lucky as well like the long passes by Eli in both games. (helmet catch)

If you think Welker drop was big for Pats ( atleast it was a tough catch ), Pierre Garcon's drop was one of the game changers. Ball was perfectly thrown and he was wide open.

It was just not meant to be.

Saints were solid that season but I felt like we were the better team but just got some unlucky breaks. Colts were favored in that game by 5.5 I think as well. That's the thing about Football, the better team doesn't always win. I felt like the Patriots were better than Giants both times but look what happened. Giants made some key crucial plays, some lucky as well like the long passes by Eli in both games. (helmet catch)

I think you were favored because of Manning. It usually works that way. But the Saints had a fierce defense that year similar to the Giants actually in 2007 but they also had Brees who played a great game too. They were rock solid and Payton probably coached the game of his life too.

I think you were favored because of Manning. It usually works that way. But the Saints had a fierce defense that year similar to the Giants actually in 2007 but they also had Brees who played a great game too. They were rock solid and Payton probably coached the game of his life too.

Yeah, Colts are off to a surprising slow start and you guys look like your usual machine. Hopefully we can get it together and Andrew gets healthy for our game otherwise you guys will roll on us again. Tom looks like he can play into his early 40's easily. The guy is just consistently great.

One word that wasn't used is, he looks perplexed in every photo. Jim Caldwell with Peyton 14-2 and a SB appearance in his first season. Jim Caldwell without Peyton just the opposite 2-14 in his last season. He isn't a good Head Coach plain and simple. He got lucky Dungy retired and he inherited the Colts Head Coaching job when everyone of our great players were still in their primes.

Caldwell is great at not interferring things. In his first year he got a complete team and coaching staff. After almost winning SB there were changes and things went worse and when PM was out everything completelly collapsed. He couldn't make adjustments. I'm not completelly sure that going with Painter and later signing Collins was his decision, though it was the time when he should have made smart QB decision. And it all seems to be the same in Detroit.

I can't believe i'm saying this..... But i agree.

I AGREE WITH A PATS FAN!!!!

The sky is falling!

haha