Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck GIF

MrJaffer

I think it looks like his right shoulder...the knee jerk reaction doesnt look good. The fact he went in and played hero ball on it worries me. He seems exactly like the type of guy that would downplay an injury. If that was Cutler, no way he goes back in.

That's not his shoulder.  This screams fractured sternum to me.  But I have no inside info.

Coming from someone with over 20 dislocations and three shoulder ops, I can assure you that touching him anywhere that creates a shoulder vibration will invoke the sort of reaction.

I think it looks like his right shoulder...the knee jerk reaction doesnt look good. The fact he went in and played hero ball on it worries me. He seems exactly like the type of guy that would downplay an injury. If that was Cutler, no way he goes back in.

Playing on is doable until the inflammation sets in. A few hours later and he probably would have struggled to lift his arm.

I am speculating, of course.

You do realize that Cutler had sprained his MCL and it was a doctors decision for him not to go back in that playoff game right? Criticize him or anyone all you want but use facts. 

You do realize that Cutler had sprained his MCL and it was a doctors decision for him not to go back in that playoff game right? Criticize him or anyone all you want but use facts.

Yes, I do realize that. I never referenced that game specifically bud. Let me put it this way, I believe Andrew Luck is more like Brett Favre than Jay Cutler when it comes to injuries. My point was not to bash Jay Cutler...but to say I think Luck would downplay or even refuse to acknowledge an injury in-game.

To me, it doesn't seem that the pat on the chest was the issue.

Andrew almost appears to grimace before he's even touched, as though it was in anticipation.

Notice how Hasselbeck pats him 2 or 3 times, and Andrew isn't grimacing anymore the last 1 or 2 pats.

Wish I could pause it.

Also, there's a video of Pagano's post game speech.

The video ends with Andrew leading the close of the speech with '1, 2, 3.....Family'.

Andrew's the first with his right arm up, other's follow, and they close the speech.

No grimace, or sign of discomfort.

Also, there's a video of Pagano's post game speech.

The video ends with Andrew leading the close of the speech with '1, 2, 3.....Family'.

Andrew's the first with his right arm up, other's follow, and they close the speech.

No grimace, or sign of discomfort.

Very good point, never thought about it but u are avsolutely right! Makes me feel better.

That's not his shoulder.  This screams fractured sternum to me.  But I have no inside info.

To me, it doesn't seem that the pat on the chest was the issue.

Andrew almost appears to grimace before he's even touched, as though it was in anticipation.

Notice how Hasselbeck pats him 2 or 3 times, and Andrew isn't grimacing anymore the last 1 or 2 pats.

Wish I could pause it.

I agree with BucColt -- Luck looks like he was very focused on something and Hasselbeck just sort of came out of nowhere.  I think most of us tend to grimace or have some sort of jerky reaction when someone surprises you like that.

I agree with BucColt -- Luck looks like he was very focused on something and Hasselbeck just sort of came out of nowhere. I think most of us tend to grimace or have some sort of jerky reaction when someone surprises you like that.

Really? haha, ok. I have never had that type of reaction in my life to someone patting me on the chest. If Luck was that jumpy then we would see a lot more crazy plays out of him on the field.

Its pretty obvious that his shoulder was injured. He would absolutely be playing if it was only minor.