Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Keep

Its obvious im a colts fan, this is why im on this website lol, but anyway i have some tough calls to make. Im in a keeper PPR league and just won my league and the prize money. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson led the way for me. But I also have Peyton Manning on m team as well. Calvin Johnson stays no questions. The problem is do i can a man who just threw for 41 TD'S and 5000 yds in Matt Stafford? Or keep my favorite QB of all time in Peyton Manning.?

Stafford for sure. Peyton was slow coming off injuries in past

YEs this is one instance where you cant let your fandom come in to play a role. Stafford is real and as long as he is strating he will put up great numbers. Good move from a FFL perspective.

YEs this is one instance where you cant let your fandom come in to play a role. Stafford is real and as long as he is strating he will put up great numbers. Good move from a FFL perspective.

Yea I think im going to let ol Peyton go, im glad i drafted Stafford as insurance, thus bringing me the title.

Yeah I would let Manning go as well. You can find a solid back up to Stafford next season.

I am in the same predicament as you are Rich, but I got >>>ed by my back up. I had Schaub and was riding high with my team until he got hurt too.

My potential keepers are

Megatron

Shady McCoy

Mike Williams

Peyton Manning

Megatron and Shady are definately keepers.

Even if we keep Manning I am still worried about his neck and how an entire season will affect him.

heck I made the playoffs even after losing Manning and Schaub for the season and having Moreno and D Williams turn out to be busts for my 2nd RB spot. I rode the Tebow train!

Yeah I would let Manning go as well. You can find a solid back up to Stafford next season.

I am in the same predicament as you are Rich, but I got >>>ed by my back up. I had Schaub and was riding high with my team until he got hurt too.

My potential keepers are

Megatron

Shady McCoy

Mike Williams

Peyton Manning

Megatron and Shady are definately keepers.

Even if we keep Manning I am still worried about his neck and how an entire season will affect him.

heck I made the playoffs even after losing Manning and Schaub for the season and having Moreno and D Williams turn out to be busts for my 2nd RB spot. I rode the Tebow train!

you have to keep Shady Mc Coy its a must!!, he one of the best fantasy backs around he does it all

• 3 weeks later...

I'd drop Manning, hope the Colts draft Luck, and maybe, just maybe, Peyton will be an afterthought come draft day and you can grab him in some later rounds.

My keeper question. PPR Allowed to keep 3players, for 3 years.

Mike Wallace WR (will be my 2nd yr) He's def getting kept.

then I have:

Frank Gore (3rd year)-----possible injury concerns, decreased workload.

Rashard Mendenhall (2nd year)-----frankly, I just dont like the guy..

Marshawn Lynch (2nd year)-----he had a fantastic year, on my bench, bc I didnt believe in him, do i make that mistake again?

Reggie Wayne (3rd year)---This guy tanked me hard.

I'd drop Manning, hope the Colts draft Luck, and maybe, just maybe, Peyton will be an afterthought come draft day and you can grab him in some later rounds.

My keeper question. PPR Allowed to keep 3players, for 3 years.

Mike Wallace WR (will be my 2nd yr) He's def getting kept.

then I have:

Frank Gore (3rd year)-----possible injury concerns, decreased workload.

Rashard Mendenhall (2nd year)-----frankly, I just dont like the guy..

Marshawn Lynch (2nd year)-----he had a fantastic year, on my bench, bc I didnt believe in him, do i make that mistake again?

Reggie Wayne (3rd year)---This guy tanked me hard.

1.Gore will have a solid season next year. Especially with that great O-Line. If San Fran gets a deep threat expect that to open much more running lanes for him.

2. The Steelers fired Arians because he became to "pass-happy". This only conveys to me that they want to focus more on the running game.

3. Lynch was a beast last-season. If Seattle grabs a QB in the draft, then other teams may worry enough about the pass that they leave open running lanes for Lynch, who as we all know, is arguably the toughest RB to tackle.

4. Don't keep Wayne. If he leaves Indy he will at best be a possession receiver on a mediocre team. Expect anywhere from 40-50 catches and about 600 yards with about 4-5 TD's. If you can, grab Garcon who will be Luck's go to guy next season.

IMO Keep Lynch and Gore. Mendenhall is most likely only to get 50-60% of the touches.

• 2 weeks later...

KEEP MANNING, HE MIGHT JUST SURPRISE ALL OF US.

What do I do if he is done and I have declared him as a keeper? I would be basically tying teams one arm behind its back with only having two keepers ultimately while everyone else got three. I barely made the playoffs last season with him sitting on my bench all year because the team refused to put him on IR.

I think I am going to keep Mike Wallace over Manning. It kills me to say that, but I got to think with my head on this one instead of my heart.

• 1 month later...

I would keep Stafford since we honestly do not know that Peyton will be ready week one.

If you have time to announce your keepers than hold off as long as you can. If Peyton is announced the starter than keep him. But if you have to announce keepers now than I stick with my Stafford pick.

• 1 month later...