Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Or 4 First Round Picks In Next 2 Years?

Luck or 4 First Round Picks in Next 2 Years?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Draft Luck Or Trade to Cleavland

• Draft Luck
    • Trade to Bucks for 3 First round picks next 2 years & Draft RGIII
    • Trade to Browns for 4 First Round Picks next 2 years & miss luck and RGIII

The highest possible trade we can get is Browns 2 first rounders this year plus thier 1st next year, which = 4.

You know how you want to buy that new pair of shoes for a really long time, but they have a sale on a shoe that you like just as much.

You can buy the initial new shoe and be broke, or buy the just as new shoe and get a shirt and hat to match.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The highest possible trade we can get is Browns 2 first rounders this year plus thier 1st next year, which = 4.

You know how you want to buy that new pair of shoes for a really long time, but they have a sale on a shoe that you like just as much.

You can buy the initial new shoe and be broke, or buy the just as new shoe and get a shirt and hat to match.

2 1st rounders this year plus the one next year would be 3...

They'd have to add their No. 2 this year and next....

I'd deal the No. overall for 5 picks...

Manning's our QB Next season if he's healthly and there are always more QBs coming out

2 1st rounders this year plus the one next year would be 3...

They'd have to add their No. 2 this year and next....

I'd deal the No. overall for 5 picks...

Manning's our QB Next season if he's healthly and there are always more QBs coming out

No two this year plus 1 next year from the browns, plus ours next year = 4 first round picks. That's what I meant.

That's right it is my opinion. A very realistic opinion too! There will never be a good QB to come out of college again right?

Of this caliber? Who knows? Peyton has been awesome in the regular season no doubt can't deny it. But he can't play forever. How often do teams get a chance at a once in 20 year qb prospect?

Of this caliber? Who knows? Peyton has been awesome in the regular season no doubt can't deny it. But he can't play forever. How often do teams get a chance at a once in 20 year qb prospect?

In fairness, every year, they call a QB the can't miss prospect, the once in a lifetime guy! What are the chances of having two of those on a team at the same time?

In fairness, every year, they call a QB the can't miss prospect, the once in a lifetime guy! What are the chances of having two of those on a team at the same time?

you are wrong. 2007, 2011, and 2008 none said there were once in a lifetime qbs. you wanna bring up old time qbs like ryan leaf and rick mirer fine different age with lack of knowledge of the players like we have nowadays. now they go with a full extend of the player going back to high school to figure out if this is the right player to take

When was the last time they said best prospect since elway and the prospect being a pocket passer not those hybrid qbs they lush over.

When was the last time they said best prospect since elway and the prospect being a pocket passer not those hybrid qbs they lush over.

Sam Bradford was the second coming, most recently. Cam Newton was the risky not worth it pick... Nobodu truely nows what someone is going to become... with that said, we all know what Manning is! If he is healthy, you can trade the pick, and count on at least four more years of greatness!

Ok well fortunately ur not the gm and we aren't trading the pick and we are getting luck. Once he plays u will say how u knew he was going to be great.

I have numerous times called Luck the next Big Ben.. needs a similar system to succeed and is a good player.. but not great! He would thrive much better in Cleveland or Miami based on similar schemes. If the Colts take Luck and keep him I will be very dissapointed, at wasting Manning's final years!

Sam Bradford was the second coming, most recently. Cam Newton was the risky not worth it pick... Nobodu truely nows what someone is going to become... with that said, we all know what Manning is! If he is healthy, you can trade the pick, and count on at least four more years of greatness!

bradford is a very good qb. this year was full of injuries and lack of wrs. you cant blame bradford. and he did take the lambs to one game from winning the divsion after they were 1-15 the year before

I have numerous times called Luck the next Big Ben.. needs a similar system to succeed and is a good player.. but not great! He would thrive much better in Cleveland or Miami based on similar schemes. If the Colts take Luck and keep him I will be very dissapointed, at wasting Manning's final years!

Big Ben!?? Come on u just sound silly. But let's end our convo cause we both obviously feel strongly and u keep bringing up irrelevant points.

Assuming Manning will be healthy and play at top level for the next four years ... my vote =

Trade pick to Browns for DT Phil Taylor (teaming with Drake Nevis for a great 1/2 interior DL punch), QB Colt McCoy (top notch back up / serviceable injury starter), Brown's two 1st rounders this year and their 1st (and maybe 2nd) rounders next year ... c/w re-signing Wayne, Mathis, Garcon, & Saturday for 2012/13 Super Bowl run. Get Manning's eventual replacement in two years time.

Assuming Manning cannot make it back or if he likely only has a year or two left = Draft Andrew Luck and hope that Manning has 1 to 2 more years left, then retires with Luck happily then taking over to emerge as truly the NFL's next Manning.

Big Ben!?? Come on u just sound silly. But let's end our convo cause we both obviously feel strongly and u keep bringing up irrelevant points.

You really are someone who makes an opinion based on what others say, rather than doing research, watching players, and making your own informed decisons

I hear that kid that opted to return to USC is supposed to be a pretty darn good QB and might be the favourite to win the 2012 Heisman.

barkely will not fall to us. we will be a much better team next year. we will not have a top 5 pick again

If the Colts trade the pick, they certainly have that opportunity! Given what team they trade with...

i rather pick now which is a sure thing then pray for a team to have a bad year. pats did the same thing when they traded seymur to the raiders hoping to get a top 5 pick and ended up getting the 17th pick

You really are someone who makes an opinion based on what others say, rather than doing research, watching players, and making your own informed decisons

I've watched a lot of luck. My dad is a Stanford alum and that's all he talks about. I know luck will be great.

I've watched prob all but 5 of his games and that was mostly his freshman year. So don't act like u know me cause u obviously don't.

i rather pick now which is a sure thing then pray for a team to have a bad year. pats did the same thing when they traded seymur to the raiders hoping to get a top 5 pick and ended up getting the 17th pick

Exactly.

I've watched a lot of luck. My dad is a Stanford alum and that's all he talks about. I know luck will be great.

I've watched prob all but 5 of his games and that was mostly his freshman year. So don't act like u know me cause u obviously don't.

Your dad being a Stanford alum means you and he are biased on who you like! I have also watched nearly all of Luck's games and I dont see it. I know more about talent than you.. you are biased because you have an infatuation with Stanford...your soft.

If the Colts traded with Cleveland.. and Luck would face Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Cincy..three serious defenses, he would probably lose all 6 games... So they will be bottom feeders again... no worse than a top 10 pick.

Your dad being a Stanford alum means you and he are biased on who you like! I have also watched nearly all of Luck's games and I dont see it. I know more about talent than you.. you are biased because you have an infatuation with Stanford...your soft.

U don't lnow crap. Sorry but u don't. Just the fact u would say that makes me laugh. I'm not biased at all. I'm a notre dame alum I could care less if Stanford does well. You sound really arrogant when u say dumb stuff like that. Do u think before u type????

I make my own opinions on players I watch as much sports as possible and my whole family is full of sport nuts.

If the Colts traded with Cleveland.. and Luck would face Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Cincy..three serious defenses, he would probably lose all 6 games... So they will be bottom feeders again... no worse than a top 10 pick.

there is no such thing as a sure thing in the nfl. any time can be hot one year and suck the next. im not willing to take that chance for a guy who i believe isnt even as good as luck.

there is no such thing as a sure thing in the nfl. any time can be hot one year and suck the next. im not willing to take that chance for a guy who i believe isnt even as good as luck.

You said it, there is no such thing as a sure pick in the NFL, that means LUCK! Who are you saying isn't as good as Luck? Cause we are talking about keeping Peyton.. so you are implying Luck is better than Peyton?

U don't lnow crap. Sorry but u don't. Just the fact u would say that makes me laugh. I'm not biased at all. I'm a notre dame alum I could care less if Stanford does well. You sound really arrogant when u say dumb stuff like that. Do u think before u type????

I make my own opinions on players I watch as much sports as possible and my whole family is full of sport nuts.

Lol! You are biased, your dad was a Stanford alum, he has a natural bias towards Stanford players, which means Luck. It has nothing to do with where you went to school! So do you think before you type? I also live in a house of sports finatics, what does that mean? I watch games like everyone else and make my own opinions. Luck and Manning does not benefit the team in any way shape or form.. short or long term!

You said it, there is no such thing as a sure pick in the NFL, that means LUCK! Who are you saying isn't as good as Luck? Cause we are talking about keeping Peyton.. so you are implying Luck is better than Peyton?

no i was talking luck over barkely who will most likely be the first pick next year. luck is as good as it gets when it comes to drafting a qb, everything you want in a qb he has and you cant deny that