Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Fournette doesn't win the heisman...the award means nothing to me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How so?

I just don't take stock in it anymore. Every Heisman winner who enters the league turns into a dud, with few exceptions. If the talking heads would look at winning the Heisman for what it is (an indicator of the best college player) I may give it credence. Instead everyone assumes its an automatic ticket to greatness in the NFL and they are proved wrong year after year.

I just don't take stock in it anymore. Every Heisman winner who enters the league turns into a dud, with few exceptions. If the talking heads would look at winning the Heisman for what it is (an indicator of the best college player) I may give it credence. Instead everyone assumes its an automatic ticket to greatness in the NFL and they are proved wrong year after year.

It is the award for best college player. The history of the winner has always been very hit and miss when talking about nfl success

• 2 weeks later...

They usually do name the best college football player accurately, unlike the NFL and their MVP. It's not the NCAA's fault that the best college football player has happened to be some kind of crackhead, mental case or...well...Tim Tebow lol the last few years.

If Dalvin Cook hadn't gotten stopped on 4th down against Clemson, he'd be my pick. He just did such a number on the Gators that they're accusing him of statpadding...by running the football...statpadding.

They usually do name the best college football player accurately, unlike the NFL and their MVP. It's not the NCAA's fault that the best college football player has happened to be some kind of crackhead, mental case or...well...Tim Tebow lol the last few years.

If Dalvin Cook hadn't gotten stopped on 4th down against Clemson, he'd be my pick. He just did such a number on the Gators that they're accusing him of statpadding...by running the football...statpadding.

Dalvin Cook and Zeke Elliott are better running backs than Fournette.

On 12/7/2015 at 4:39 AM, crestmount said:

I've watched several Stanford games, and I have to say that Christian McCaffrey is pretty exciting

He's a special guy, I wonder if he played on the east coast how much more of a push he would have gotten from the "experts". Tough when you play your games later and don't have as many eyes watching you or get the same opportunities for a social media explosion. Breaking the all purpose yards record is quite a feat.