Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Start/sit Week 1

CheezyColt

Hey guys, looking for a little help or some opinions for Week 1.

QB: Tannehill

RB1: Lacy

RB2: A. Abdullah, T. Coleman, or D. Martin

WR1: AJ Green

WR2: A. Johnson, A. Cooper, or J. Landry

FLX: A. Johnson, A. Cooper, or J. Landry

TE: Gronkowski

D/ST: Denver

K: D. Bailey

I keep wanting to put Landry in to stack him with Tannehill, but really feel like Cooper and Johnson could be huge.

Coleman was announced the starter, but his boom or bust style behind that line worries me. Abdullah listed as the #3.

Any opinions and viewpoints would be appreciated! I have such a problem with overthinking these things, haha. Thanks!

I do have Eddie Lacy too, so he's guaranteed a starting spot at RB1.  So for RB2 it seems like Coleman or Martin are more trusted than Abdullah at this point.  So that's Coleman against PHI defense or Martin against TEN defense.  I'll have to sit and think on that.

At WR, I have AJ Green locked in at the 1.  That leaves Cooper/Andre/Landry to fill the WR2/Flex spot.  Originally I had Andre at the #2 and Cooper in the Flex.  But everyone seems very high on Landry this year, and the idea of stacking him with Tannehill as my QB intrigues me.  Especially against the WAS defense.  Which two out of this receiving trio do you guys see getting the most points?  I don't want to have to sit Andre but it's looking like that might have to happen this week...

(Working on swinging a trade for Brady to pair him with Gronk.  One guy drafted both Peyton and Brady and has Brady on this bench.  Said he wants to wait until week 1 is over before doing any trades.)

For my flex who should I start?

Lamar Miller, Charles Sims, Chris Ivory, Joique Bell, Vincent Jackson, Allen Robinson

Also along that note in my RB slot I'm starting McCoy.  Should I consider starting any of those guys instead of McCoy given that McCoy may be on a pitch count and said he wouldn't be 100%?

Lamar Miller, Charles Sims, Chris Ivory, Joique Bell, Vincent Jackson, Allen Robinson

Also along that note in my RB slot I'm starting McCoy.  Should I consider starting any of those guys instead of McCoy given that McCoy may be on a pitch count and said he wouldn't be 100%?

If it were me, I'd go with Chris Ivory against that Browns defense. Lamar Miller is intriguing with his pass catching however but the Redskins' front is stout vs the run. Ivory is probably the safer bet out of the two, he gets better as the game goes on.

Also along that note in my RB slot I'm starting McCoy. Should I consider starting any of those guys instead of McCoy given that McCoy may be on a pitch count and said he wouldn't be 100%?

I would start Miller. And if McCoy is a go start him, if not put bell in his place.

I guess nobody knows...

Every site (except ESPN) has Landry ahead of Adams this week. I get that he has a cupcake matchup, but so does Adams and he has Rogers to throw it to him... they also have Randle above both of them (projection-wise) and that's just hard for me to buy...

Games are tomorrow, so I suppose I'll make a game time decision.