Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Kelcy Quarles

RealityIsLuck

The #Colts are releasing DT Kelcy Quarles, source said. Former #Giants signee and South Carolina star.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

September 5, 2015

Here we go! I was pulling for Quarles to make the team, I was impressed with him in PS, but Okine out preformed him, it was probably one or the other so this is a good sign. 

EDIT: Gaah! Wrong section, Mods please move if possible.

I feel as if he had went to any school besides S.carolina he would have been a solid player. But as with most prospects from that school, conditioning was an issue for him. Didn't come into the league with a whole lot of discipline and work ethic. Not all of it is on him though.

I feel as if he had went to any school besides S.carolina he would have been a solid player. But as with most prospects from that school, conditioning was an issue for him. Didn't come into the league with a whole lot of discipline and work ethic. Not all of it is on him though.

Dear God...

Are we about to make a move??? Tell me what would it hurt to sign Dockett for cheap??? If he got hurt or didn't perform he wouldn't be making much so it'd be cool. But if he played well we would have a steel.

Dockett has been crap or injured for the last 4 years. At this point, he's a significantly worse version of Cory Redding. Even at the top of his game, Dockett was a very good pass rusher but was bad vs the run.

Dockett has been crap or injured for the last 4 years. At this point, he's a significantly worse version of Cory Redding. Even at the top of his game, Dockett was a very good pass rusher but was bad vs the run.

Well, from 2010 to 2013 Dockett missed 2 games and had 183 Tackles, 139 of them solo, and 14.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries and 5 pass defenses.

Redding on the other hand had 157 tackles, 41 of them solo, and 14.5 sacks, and 1 INT 14 Pass defenses and 3 Fumble recoveries over the same span.  

In 2014, Dockett was out, and Redding declined a bit....... 

Redding turns 35 this coming November 15, and Dockett Turns 35 May 27 of next year....

I don't think it is fair to call him a SIGNIFICANTLY worse Cory Redding...... They don't even play the same position on most snaps