Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Trade Barkley...... Tebow Has A Spot!

Jackie Daytona

Either that or he's only going with 2 QB's.

It's hard to say he has faith in him when he's the 3rd string QB.  

But most likely you are right.  Tebow mania has now offically re-started.  

The most famous 3rd string quarterback in the NFL is back in the NFL.  

To protect Bradford, I would not be shocked if Chip trots out Tebow in goal line and red zone formations to run the read option or zone reads.

Either that or he's only going with 2 QB's.

It's hard to say he has faith in him when he's the 3rd string QB.

But most likely you are right. Tebow mania has now offically re-started.

The most famous 3rd string quarterback in the NFL is back in the NFL.

He will be going for 2 some with the new rules I'm guessing

First,  good for Tim Tebow.   He's been out of the game for a few years and now he's worked his way back.   I think it's great.

Second,  good for Matt Barkley,  he got traded to a team that appears to need him.    Great for him.    Good kid.

Third,   good for Chip Kelly.    He has his own unique way of seeing things,  he doesn't care what outsiders think of him,  he stays true to himself.     He's able to trade Barkley and get something back for him.    And I'm sure he'll have a unique package for Tebow to execute.

Everyone is a winner.    Good for all involved.    That's the way it should be.

First,  good for Tim Tebow.   He's been out of the game for a few years and now he's worked his way back.   I think it's great.

Second,  good for Matt Barkley,  he got traded to a team that appears to need him.    Great for him.    Good kid.

Third,   good for Chip Kelly.    He has his own unique way of seeing things,  he doesn't care what outsiders think of him,  he stays true to himself.     He's able to trade Barkley and get something back for him.    And I'm sure he'll have a unique package for Tebow to execute.

Everyone is a winner.    Good for all involved.    That's the way it should be.

Nice entry here NCF. Barkley got to go to AZ with Bruce Arians a club on the rise. Nice. Tebow is a very likable dude who works his tail off & says all the right things. He still should not have made the Eagles roster though. No way. 

haha Have you seen the remix song of Tebow Time?

Yeah, I have 21. Your point is well taken though. It's like the chicken dance polka at a wedding. Somebody who drank to much is gonna do it on the floor whether anybody wants to see it or not.  :P

I do wonder if Tebow will bring back the Friar Tuck haircut & make it vogue/fashionable again. LOL!

e07207128b157577224a61bc3d642f8c89119570

The Eagles will be so bad that we'll get to see all their QBs. I'll secretly be rooting for Tebow. I hate him as a Gator (Seminole here as I've said before), not as a person. Anybody who is tired of hearing about the guy because he's a Christian can just go back in time to the last 2 years when sports headlines were dominated by rape cases and sex changes.

I will give Tebow credit though. He never takes his celebrity following seriously meaning he doesn't get an inflated head or ego. He just puts his nose to the grindstone, wants to be a loyal teammate, & his uses his natl. platform in the right way.

I admire his work ethic even though his NFL skill set will never amaze me.   

The Eagles will be so bad that we'll get to see all their QBs. I'll secretly be rooting for Tebow. I hate him as a Gator (Seminole here as I've said before), not as a person. Anybody who is tired of hearing about the guy because he's a Christian can just go back in time to the last 2 years when sports headlines were dominated by rape cases and sex changes.

Good point BC. Tebow is a perfect goodwill ambassador for the league who will never embarrass anyone. Well said.  :thmup:

A healthy Bradford will make you cry...  just wait....  Tebow will always be Tebow.. Plays beyond the expected...

Why do so many people say they wanted the Colts to pursue Barkley?  Hasn't he been really underwhelming during his short career thus far?

100 of 180 attempts (55%) 1155 yards passing in 10 games 6 td's 7 ints in preseason...Bad

30 of 50 passing (60%)

300 yards...But 4 ints 0 TD's

in 3 regular season games

Nice entry here NCF. Barkley got to go to AZ with Bruce Arians a club on the rise. Nice. Tebow is a very likable dude who works his tail off & says all the right things. He still should not have made the Eagles roster though. No way. 

Sorry, friend. Skip Bayless notwithstanding, Chip Kelley knows exactly what he wants for a team and how to use them.  Bradford and Tebow are going to make opposing fans scream in agony this year...

Chip will buck the odds and go for two a lot, especially as temps drop and winds rise.

He's better Hasselbeck at this point, let alone Bennet.  If Luck should ever get nicked up and needs a breather, I want someone capable of winning a game or two as a fill in with little game tape footage on him...

Hasselbeck is still an average player and a very excperineced one.....Barkley hasn't made the NFL yet.

Don't base ANYTHING on the pre-season.

Good move for Barkley. Would like to see him get a legit chance to see what he can do

Doubt that comes in Arizona, He is looking at 3rd string being Palmer and Stanton and Palmers contract is not up till 2018...His best bet in my opinion is a west coast passing team.......back up Rodgers in Green Bay or Kansas City compete to backup Alex Smith for 2 years and learn the playbook (I hesitate to say lean behind Smith) and when Smiths cap hits get ridiculous for his production you try to trade him or cut him. Then give Barkley his shot in the WCO

Doubt that comes in Arizona, He is looking at 3rd string being Palmer and Stanton and Palmers contract is not up till 2018...His best bet in my opinion is a west coast passing team.......back up Rodgers in Green Bay or Kansas City compete to backup Alex Smith for 2 years and learn the playbook (I hesitate to say lean behind Smith) and when Smiths cap hits get ridiculous for his production you try to trade him or cut him. Then give Barkley his shot in the WCO

I actually agree with all that. But, I do still think Barkley at least has a better chance at getting a shot in ARIZONA rather than philly. Not sure he's the best fit there though. Arians really likes to push the ball down the field and Barkley has a pretty good arm bit not great, so I definitely agree that a WCO would be a great fit for him. KC would have been nice.

I just got caught up in the excitement of him leaving philly. Lol. Not a fan of philly at all so I'm really glad foles and Barkley got out of there :)

I actually agree with all that. But, I do still think Barkley at least has a better chance at getting a shot in ARIZONA rather than philly. Not sure he's the best fit there though. Arians really likes to push the ball down the field and Barkley has a pretty good arm bit not great, so I definitely agree that a WCO would be a great fit for him. KC would have been nice.

I just got caught up in the excitement of him leaving philly. Lol. Not a fan of philly at all so I'm really glad foles and Barkley got out of there :)

Vertical Passing game-Bruce Arians......Not Barkleys strength