Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Louis Nix

Jackie Daytona

Makes you wonder what he did in Houston to get cut, normally teams don't just give up on their 3rd rounders for no reason. I liked him a lot in college and he was a potential 1st round player till he got hurt which is what dropped him. I still think he has the talent, but I think it all depends what happens with Jones time table and who we all cut.

Makes you wonder what he did in Houston to get cut, normally teams don't just give up on their 3rd rounders for no reason. I liked him a lot in college and he was a potential 1st round player till he got hurt which is what dropped him. I still think he has the talent, but I think it all depends what happens with Jones time table and who we all cut.

Vince Wilfork took his spot? Maybe?

Vince Wilfork took his spot? Maybe?

That is very much a possibility. Plus they have another pretty good DT Christian Covington that was a pretty highly regarded draft prospect as well as Nix. It may just be he is buried under too much talent for him to flourish there.

I believe he's had a lot of injury issues and hasn't played very much.  With the addition of Wilfork, he became expendable

I believe he's had a lot of injury issues and hasn't played very much.  With the addition of Wilfork, he became expendable

His injury issues though haven't been that bad all and all, and are fairly mild compared to a lot of others. Like Tendinitis and a torn meniscus.  I agree with you though the addition of Wilfork was probably the nail in the coffin for Nix. I also heard rumors of him having issues with his weight so that might be an issue as well.