Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Cuts

OLD FAN MAN

I am right now , you must see jj watts and Peterson and dez Bryant in the backups, all just look below average to me

Are you blind?! Or even watching the game or the games this preseason, or are you just naturally a negative Nancy. Or based on your name, youre anti grigs.

Tk is right, the cut to 53 is gonna be the hardest in years

final cuts to 53 should be easy, don't see any monsters or game changers on the backups

WHOAH, you do realize with Art Jones out Rookie Henry Anderson will more than likely be starting next week.  With an outside chance Parry joining him!  Not just those two, but with Vick going down (again) and Tyler Varga busting a solid run (and giving great effort) he may just make it as, and making another play as I typed that sentence!!  Also Geathers, D. Smith and Carter both will have an impact this season.  There are plenty of players who were playing tonight I think will do some damage, not to mention in the future.  Herrera has had a great T.C. and pre season.  Plenty of things to be excited about!

Are you blind?! Or even watching the game or the games this preseason, or are you just naturally a negative Nancy. Or based on your name, youre anti grigs.

Well, his first name was Trent Fan, then something about Monsters (basically making fun of the building monsters theme), and now hating on the GM.

WHOAH, you do realize with Art Jones out Rookie Henry Anderson will more than likely be starting next week.  With an outside chance Parry joining him!  Not just those two, but with Vick going down (again) and Tyler Varga busting a solid run (and giving great effort) he may just make it as, and making another play as I typed that sentence!!  Also Geathers, D. Smith and Carter both will have an impact this season.  There are plenty of players who were playing tonight I think will do some damage, not to mention in the future.  Herrera has had a great T.C. and pre season.  Plenty of things to be excited about!

I agree some of these will make the 53, some have talent we need, but it will be easy to get to 53

JJ Watt may be cut tonight; hopefully he clears waivers and signs with us for the veteran's minimum.

I would try to pull a last second block buster trade with them before he's cut just for the heck of it. I'd probably trade Bjorne Smurgen Jurgenfleurgen and a 2054 12th rounder as well as a 20$ gift card to Crew car wash that can only be used in Indiana for JJ.

Edit: Also perhaps Taylor Swift's newest album. That may be pushing it though.

Eeeeeasy there.  Not agreeing with the OP, but most of the cuts are pretty obvious.  Definitely a few that'll go down to the wire though, for sure.

There are plenty of tough choices. Here are a few.

Clearly there may be a surprise at ILB. I would not have thought Herrera would play like he has. He could bump a vet off the 53. Maybe Werner (?) See below.

Sheldon Price made some plays tonight. He may force the team to keep 6 CBs, but that's a lot. He could be a casualty as well.

And what about Safety, with McDonald and Guy on the bubble. They both show real promise. But both of them have a good chance at getting cut.

Do the Colts keep 5 or 6 WRs? If 5, Whalen and Bray both get shown the door. Whalen will be on another team; Bray likely to PS,

All these guys can play in the NFL.

One player who could and should get the boot: Werner. He was a no show against second and third stringers tonight. If he makes the team, part of the reason would have to be that they refuse to give up on a first rounder, especially after the Trent Richardson debacle. But Werner appears to be struggling mightily. He's far closer to being a casualty than I would have thought possible at the beginning of Camp.

That poster is pushing their agenda which I think you have figured out ;)

I will see a great season with the starters, most of these guys wont be on the team and I wont miss them

You dont think that Parry, Anderson, Geathers, Herrera, Robinson or Carter will make the 53?....... you're insane.... I bet you Parry and Anderson are starters on Sunday the 13th...

Not overly difficult for,those positions.

I guess not...

They only cut Tipton.. TE played out like I thought it might, but McGrath is going to end up on somebody's 53 IMO...

How about those D-Line cuts? Seems like we will make some roster moves there, but the guys we get won't be familiar with the system...

I guess not...

They only cut Tipton.. TE played out like I thought it might, but McGrath is going to end up on somebody's 53 IMO...

How about those D-Line cuts? Seems like we will make some roster moves there, but the guys we get won't be familiar with the system...

Not a good sign when the weakest areas of the team are offensive and defensive lines. I'm afraid that will catch up come playoff time.

I agree some of these will make the 53, some have talent we need, but it will be easy to get to 53

I don't know how long you've followed football,  but the cut to 53 -- that's 22 player you're letting go -- is never, EVER easy.

Not for any of the 32 teams.    Even the best team.    Even the worst team.    It's never easy.

I don't know how long you've followed football,  but the cut to 53 -- that's 22 player you're letting go -- is never, EVER easy.

Not for any of the 32 teams.    Even the best team.    Even the worst team.    It's never easy.

I am 71 years old, started watching football when I was 15, 1959, I have seen many cuts in my time, cuts are hard for fans who have their favorites, but for the good of the team player cuts have to be made, gms, and coaches jobs depend on keeping the best players to help the team. they see the talent level of the players more than fans do and it is easy for them to cut players who cant help the team. just like a good boss can fire a bad employee who is bringing down the company. if you are in a position of authority or will be in the future , you may understand this if you are to keep your job.

I am 71 years old, started watching football when I was 15, 1959, I have seen many cuts in my time, cuts are hard for fans who have their favorites, but for the good of the team player cuts have to be made, gms, and coaches jobs depend on keeping the best players to help the team. they see the talent level of the players more than fans do and it is easy for them to cut players who cant help the team. just like a good boss can fire a bad employee who is bringing down the company. if you are in a position of authority or will be in the future , you may understand this if you are to keep your job.

Of course good GM's have to cut players who can't help the team.    That's the obvious.

And while cutting players may look obvious to fans like you sitting at home,  to GM's on the job,  cutting players is hard.   Because while some are easy -- others are incredibly hard.    GM's fear the player they owned and decided to cut wind up on another team and do great.    The team is hurt and the GM looks bad, and maybe loses his job if he makes too many mistakes like that.

Fans see what a player IS.     Coaches and GM's try to see what a player CAN BE.     That's the difference.    So seeing some as a fan and thinking "he's not all that good,  he's not helping the team."  is easy.     But knowing what a player may be some day is hard.   You want to hold on to every potential talent you can.

You realize that about 8 or so of the guys we let go today our coaches and GM are hoping/praying will not get claimed by other tams so they can be retained on our Practice Squad.    And if you say "big deal"  understand that off the top of my head,  guys like Okine, price and Guy spent all of last year on or PS.     Today,  they're on our 53.   And I'm sure there are more if I took the time to look it up.    But you get the idea.

I doubt there's a GM who has ever thought cutting down to the final roster limit was easy.    Especially in this hyper-critical world we live in where job spans are incredibly short and every owner is in a win-NOW mentality.     People's jobs and careers are on the line.    No one wants to make a mistake.     

The job is incredibly hard.     Only a fan thinks its easy.