Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jury Finds Ex-Colts Player Josh Mcnary Not Guilty On All Counts In Rape Case

Everyone

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the document that was submitted that talked about that night. I wonder what the details of the case were because it sounded bad upon first reading.

Did you read the same document I did?  Because I still have it and I said then and now there were lots of holes in her story.  Especially regarding the other man involved.  And thats, from what I'm reading, is why the jury acquitted McNary......

And I don't think he's an ex Colt, I thought he was simply moved to the Commissioners Exempt list like AP was......

Wow. That woman should be locked up for LIFE

I know the spur of the moment warrants such a reaction. But unfortunately, unless you have video proof nowadays, it is hard to get convictions in favor of women. You will have bad apples like these every once in a while but Josh McNary has to follow through and sue her in return, IMO. 

Lance Briggs is still listed as a Bear, they don't update that stuff often..

No but heres the article where it says the Colts put him on the exempt list, meaning he's still a colt, right? :

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/1/15/7552249/josh-mcnary-placed-on-commissioners-exempt-list-griff-whalen-gannon-conway?_ga=1.121554699.2022021849.1441307366

No but heres the article where it says the Colts put him on the exempt list, meaning he's still a colt, right? :

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/1/15/7552249/josh-mcnary-placed-on-commissioners-exempt-list-griff-whalen-gannon-conway?_ga=1.121554699.2022021849.1441307366

His contract expired while he was on the exempt list and he was not resigned

Did you read the same document I did? Because I still have it and I said then and now there were lots of holes in her story. Especially regarding the other man involved. And thats, from what I'm reading, is why the jury acquitted McNary......

And I don't think he's an ex Colt, I thought he was simply moved to the Commissioners Exempt list like AP was......

Agreed, I read the entire thing as well and it was a mess. I am not surprised by this verdict at all.

I hope the jury got that right. If so, glad for McNary to be cleared by trial.

I think they did. I'm a trained investigator granted by the military, but that report is by far the worst written report I've ever seen. Having done rape investigations, there was a ton of issues I took with that report. Especially with her story and the camera evidence, plus the 3rd male, if I recall right, haven't read it for months, was either an agent or film producer.....

What about when there was no rape?

and if there was? I dont know the details of the case, but was there a rape kit done? were there any witnesses in the apartment complex that can tell what the woman behavior was once she left mcnary's apartment? any evidence of physical and or mental trauma? 

Goodness gracious.

No,  the woman does NOT need to be locked up as one poster claims.

And no,  there's nothing that says she "lied"....

Just because the jury believed his version of events over her version of events does NOT mean the woman lied.

And if you lock up every woman who loses a rape case -- guess what? -- you'll never have a woman claiming she was raped every again!  

Is that really what you want?

Losing a rape case as this woman did does NOT mean she lied.

First, I doubt this woman was going after McNary for money.

Second, we need not attempt to belittle the accuser UNLESS she admits she lied. The trial is over he was innocent. That's it.

Third, it looks like Belichick got away with another scheme to beat the Colts. Paid this woman to accuse McNary of rape so he wouldn't destroy Brady in the AFCCG.

NICE ONE, BILL.

only kidding about the last part...

rape needs to stop being he said she said and find a way to prove rape

what do u suggested....everyone wear go cams like they want cops to wear or carry along a consent form? Sorry someone else said that. This is one of those horrible situations where there is going to be no good outcome. If it happened that is awful and if it didn't that is terrible too. I suggest in obstaining from all appereances of evil...don't have sex outside marriage/relationship, don't drink to excess, don't hang out in places that people are doing those things and simply trying to live a wholesome moral life will keep you out of a lot of those situations. Horrible situation but I'm sure josh learned a very very very hard truth to protect himself and avoid being in those situations. Sorry this happened but others should take a lesson from it.

I know the spur of the moment warrants such a reaction. But unfortunately, unless you have video proof nowadays, it is hard to get convictions in favor of women. You will have bad apples like these every once in a while but Josh McNary has to follow through and sue her in return, IMO.

Why do you think he should sue her? A "not guilty" verdict does not mean that he was proven innocent. The verdict just means that there was not enough evidence to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If you have any information that proves that she lied about this, please share. Thank you. (I am not singling you out. I could have quoted a number of posters.)

what do u suggested....everyone wear go cams like they want cops to wear or carry along a consent form? Sorry someone else said that. This is one of those horrible situations where there is going to be no good outcome. If it happened that is awful and if it didn't that is terrible too. I suggest in obstaining from all appereances of evil...don't have sex outside marriage/relationship, don't drink to excess, don't hang out in places that people are doing those things and simply trying to live a wholesome moral life will keep you out of a lot of those situations. Horrible situation but I'm sure josh learned a very very very hard truth to protect himself and avoid being in those situations. Sorry this happened but others should take a lesson from it.

This. ^^^

It would be great if rape could be proven or disproven.

Unfortunately...its been the way it is since Potiphar's wife accused Joseph.

Once consensual sex is established as a possibility....it runs the risk of becoming a "he said she said" situation.

Other than men and women avoiding the practices you pointed out, that often set the backdrop of these cases, I don't know what else a person could do.

unfortunately we dont live in a bubble

ive somehow managed to avoid those situations and have lived a wonderful full and happy life....hardly a bubble.

You're a smart guy and happily married. That helps. :)

I agree with you. It is not that difficult to avoid those situations. It takes discipline and good judgment. Hopefully both these individuals involved have learned their lesson. There are no winners here.

and if there was? I dont know the details of the case, but was there a rape kit done? were there any witnesses in the apartment complex that can tell what the woman behavior was once she left mcnary's apartment? any evidence of physical and or mental trauma?

You need to download the public police report, read all of it. 20 plus pages. Tons of holes in the woman's story. There's camera evidence from the hallways showing her all over him. Not defending McNary but a report with that many holes isn't gonna hold up well in court. Not very often.

When you have 50 cases on your desk, how much of a thorough investigation are you gonna do especially when it's not a high profile case

Actually in most law enforcement agencies, the list of high priority goes Murder, Rape, Kidnapping. Depending on the agency, some have dedicated detectives who handle nothing but rape cases.....IMPD is one on of those.

Why do you think he should sue her? A "not guilty" verdict does not mean that he was proven innocent. The verdict just means that there was not enough evidence to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If you have any information that proves that she lied about this, please share. Thank you. (I am not singling you out. I could have quoted a number of posters.)

If McNary feels she caused him monetary damages, then he can sue her on civil grounds, I guess. Innocent till proven guilty - so going by that, he's innocent.

However, it's a difficult situation that he could've avoided, in hindsight.