Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady Wins, Deflategate Suspension Nullified

Jackie Daytona

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because when you aren't privy to the relevant information regarding a topic, it makes you unqualified to discuss it.

It would be like if I studied elementary education to become a teacher, but then I felt the need to give my opinion on how to perform open heart surgery. Nobody would listen to me because I don't know a thing about it.

Make sense?

No. It doesn't.

Because when you aren't privy to the relevant information regarding a topic, it makes you unqualified to discuss it.

It would be like if I studied elementary education to become a teacher, but then I felt the need to give my opinion on how to perform open heart surgery. Nobody would listen to me because I don't know a thing about it.

Make sense?

No, because you don't know *ALL* of the details from this case and yet you still discuss it.

WELLS SAID THAT HE DIDN'T WANT BRADY'S PHONE.

Why do so many people fail to accept this?

It was GOODELL, months after the fact, that decided to punish Brady for that.

You know, Goodell, that man that MOST of you ripped apart for fumbling the Ray Rice situation, but somehow he's a champion of virtue now.

And, by the way, the NFL was given the phones of all Patriot employees that were not players, since the players were part of the union.

So sorry, the NFL had those texts.

Indeed, Goodell seems about as shady as the Patriots organization, haha!

I sure as heck wouldn't trust either.

For those who actually read all the court materials and actually paid attention to the details of this case...this comes as no surprise.

Coming from someone who didn't read the Wells report....

How did he refuse to cooperate, please?

And Ted Wells said that he didn't want his phone! 

WOOO HOOOO!!!  Anyone who actually followed the entire situation closely knows that the whole thing was a joke.

Jay Feely on Monday proved why this whole thing was a complete witch hunt in the first place.

How did he refuse to cooperate?  Refused to hand over his cell phone despite assurances that all his personal files would not be touched and the only thing the investigators wanted was stuff related to deflation of footballs.  Followed that up by destroying his cell phone and calling it common practice, even though there is no evidence that he's done the same for any of his previous cell phones.  In fact, Brady himself was willing to accept a 1 game suspension for his lack of cooperation.

Except that there's no proof that the Patriots did anything wrong.  That's been clear since day 1.  Ideal Gas Laws and all.

If there's no proof, why suspend the two employees?  And why would Brady accept a 1 game suspension?  And why would Brady not cooperate?

Because a nuclear engineering student deals with the same gas laws surrounding a football.

/sarcasm off

Plenty of others have demonstrated that the Patriots' footballs met the Ideal Gas Laws.

That, and it's been shown that Exponent actually doctored the data regarding the various footballs' PSI level.

If you could actually provide links to those who have demonstrated that the footballs met the Ideal Gas Laws, I would appreciate it.  I've yet to see any credible science proving that the levels of air in the Pats' footballs were within the range dictated by the Ideal Gas Law.  Can you also show where Exponent doctored data?

I can see  this thread will be locked soon.   Some things never change.

The obnoxiousness is unbelievable.  

11903942_10153040721166766_3206671714063

haha That photo is great

Disgusting..... gets away with it scott-free....... he destroyed his phone and refused to co-operate... what other evidence was required?!.....

You know what Chucklez, Goodell had it within his power in May to impose a 50-150K fine on Brady and this would of ended in May.  But no Goodell wanted to be Big Man on Campus and impose a penalty that has NEVER been imposed before.  Well sometimes Chucklez when to try to impose things that have never been imposed before, you lose. 

Next time Goodell should learn to take what he can get (just a small fine) and go with that, but he chose not to.  Apparently, Goodell did not learn his lesson from the Rice and Bountygate cases.  Hopefully after this case he will finally learn his lesson that you can only impose penalties which are on the books prior to the crime.

NFL failed miserably. 

1. The NFL didn't properly inform Brady of the punishment he faced, or even what he was accused of.

2. The NFL didn't let Brady's camp question NFL executive and counsel Jeff Pash at his appeal.

3. The NFL didn't give Brady's side a chance to examine the evidence against him.Via Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/judge-overturns-tom-bradys-suspension-1728456783

Good. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit :)

There wasn't much ground to stand on for the league, obviously. Regardless of what I believe happened, if they could not prove it, the league got what it deserved.

I for one, along with other fans and Pats fans am glad it is over with and we can continue with football.

If you can't build a case, you must 'erase.'  This is on Goodell.

What does this do to Colts fans???  If it can be ANY worse....the hatred is infinite!!!!!!!

hate%20(2).jpg

Goodell should have taken the 1 game suspension offered by Brady's legal team for failing to comply with an active investigation. The objective here was supposed to be to make Tom sit down no matter how briefly this NFL season not validate the Wells Report Roger. 

I still think Brady lied about knowing nothing about lowered PSI air pressure on game balls via NE's equipment staff & whether or not he knows if he's a cheater or not, but Jeffery Kessler won the case & he deserves credit for that fact. Deflate Gate is over now & I accept the reality that I was wrong & the outcome of a 2 game or 1 game minimum suspension never took place or materialized. 

Just like my displeasure over the OJ Simpson murder trial findings upset me, life goes on. This matter is forever closed to me now. Time to get ready for football now. Goodell lost; Brady won. Time to turn the page. 

Is Brady still a 4 time SB Champion? Yes. Will I still watch NE play every Sunday? Yes. Was I, SW1, wrong about what would ultimately unfold in this case? Yes, I was & I freely admit that. What's done is done. 

If I understand the judge's ruling correctly, the suspension was essentially thrown out because it was equivalent to a steroid user's penalty.  So it's not that the penalty was incorrect or inadequate, nor was it because Brady didn't do anything; it's that the relative punishment between what Brady did and what a steroid user does shouldn't be the same, in the judge's opinion.  How subjective....

You might have me confused with someone else...

I have read every word of every single thing that has been released regarding this case...

Perhaps I'm confusing you with someone else, then.  Since you have read the entire thing, can you show me where any flaws exist in the methods used by Exponent in measuring the footballs?

If I understand the judge's ruling correctly, the suspension was essentially thrown out because it was equivalent to a steroid user's penalty.  So it's not that the penalty was incorrect or inadequate, nor was it because Brady didn't do anything; it's that the relative punishment between what Brady did and what a steroid user does shouldn't be the same, in the judge's opinion.  How subjective....

The suspension was thrown out because it was determined that Brady was not afforded a fair appeals process and that this level of punishment was unprecedented. 

Perhaps I'm confusing you with someone else, then.  Since you have read the entire thing, can you show me where any flaws exist in the methods used by Exponent in measuring the footballs?

I'm not going back and doing that again...we have done it 100 times and you can feel free to search my post history to see what issues I had with the football measurements and how the Wells Report presented certain information.

Unprecedented doesn't equal unwarranted.  However, that's the judge's call and there's nothing that can be done about his ruling now

Still the untouchable Golden Boy.   Ha.  I bet  31 Defenses out there are foaming at the mouth.....    :rawr:

I've always resented the fact that Brady was singled out when it was and still is overwhelmingly evident the entire organization benefited from deflating its balls. He was the fall guy.

I think Roger is more shady than David Stern, and that's saying a ton. This con-man has literally fumbled another important opportunity to penalize this team so they may eventually learn some ethics. It starts with BB & Kraft.

FYI....For 97% of NFL fans the asterisk encompasses the current regime's tenure.

pretty much so. the last reasoning to uphold from NFL was Goodell has the Power, and you are not allowed to question it.

Now, how will this reflect in future rules, and the next CBA?

Excellent question.

I won't be the least bit surprised if we see some unintended consequences from this....insofar as much more serious "conduct" violations being tested in court....and the player in question now being allowed on the field until the legal process is exhausted.

The NFLPA has just been symbolically injected with a massive dose of steroids in how they challenge ANY discipline coming out of the NFL office.

Are domestic violence, sexual assault and bar shootouts now on the table?

There are usually over-corrections and sharp pendulum swings when these types of legal cases over process are established....and my guess is that the NFLPA will milk it for all it's worth.

Unprecedented doesn't equal unwarranted.  However, that's the judge's call and there's nothing that can be done about his ruling now

Agreed...but again, there was no proof that the suspension was warranted, either. The NFL did not look good at all during this case...and I'm saying that after reading the transcripts and other materials that were released, I think they looked worse and worse as time went on.

I'd been saying he'd probably get it vacated all along.  The evidence was flimsy to me as is usually the case with Goodell investigations.  Bring on Brady!  Honestly I'm glad he'll be playing next week against the Steelers too. I've been waiting to see that matchup. 

Agreed...but again, there was no proof that the suspension was warranted, either. The NFL did not look good at all during this case...and I'm saying that after reading the transcripts and other materials that were released, I think they looked worse and worse as time went on.

If all the stuff MTC posted in the post I've quoted here is true, then the NFL really screwed up.  I haven't been one to advocate for Goodell's firing, but if all that is true, I think it's time for him to go

Yes but unprecedented means unprecedented.   And that is the key legal principle.   The ruling has upheld the common theme in the bountygate and Rice cases that you can not come out of nowhere and imposed a penalty.   You simply can not. 

As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, one of the foundation of our country is the prohibition against Ex Post Facto laws (a law created after the crime can not be retroactivity imposed to said crime).  Now true that only effects states and government laws, but the principles behind this prohibition have found its way to the private sector, after all, when one steps back, a reasonable person can see that you can not increase a well establish penalty after a given person has committed an act.  This is in part the theory behind the law of shop in labor law.  

Bottom line Goodell could of avoided all of this by simply imposing a fine in May, but he chose not too.  That is his fault.  Do not blame Brady or pats fans if the court made sure that Goodell follow the prior acts of the NFL and prior NFL fines impose for a given action.  And again, Goodell did not learn his lesson from Bountygate and the Rice case. 

If all the stuff MTC posted in the post I've quoted here is true, then the NFL really screwed up. I haven't been one to advocate for Goodell's firing, but if all that is true, I think it's time for him to go

Goodel also did not allow Brady and the NFLPA to investigate Jeff Pash for what he had edited in the Wells Report.

That violated the CBA I think.

I'm not going back and doing that again...we have done it 100 times and you can feel free to search my post history to see what issues I had with the football measurements and how the Wells Report presented certain information.

They asked for flaws, not what issues you had.  Your response was a non-answer.

Berman stated during the trial that he did not see evidence of Brady's involvement.