Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rg3 Who!

JustAColtsFan

Yeah, everyone back in 2011-12 was in full support of Luck on this board.

Wrong. I recall a few, not alot of very vocal posters who wanted us to take RG3 for various reasons. I remember getting into a debate about it with a poster who said RG3 reminded him of a more mobile Aaron Rogers......

I give this attempt at getting ppl to talk about what you wanna talk about a low C high D. Its old news now and i'm happy with the QB we selected. RGIII went to Washington, even M Shannahan left there tarnished, and he was considered coaching royalty.

RGIII had success in the league before 2 torn ligaments, then his personality and the weight that was given up for him clashed horribly. Anybody remember Ricky Williams and Mike Ditka?  Anyway, piling on RGIII right now is as classless as tooting an "i told you so" horn 3 successful A Luck years later.

I pooped in my pants!  I'm a big boy now!

We're friends & all M-432, but I sure as hades am not cleaning that mess up.  :P I'll swing by the store & get you some adult diapers though. That's how I roll. 

Yes, all kidding aside, it's mind boggling to think what Daniel Synder gave up for a QB prospect that blew up or at least unraveled before his face isn't it? 

I can't believe I am going to say it but - Where are all the Colts Fans that were screaming " We MUST TAKE RG3" he is better than Luck! The Red Skins can't give him away. Not saying he is another Ryan Leaf bust. But he's no LUCK!

I think you are over blowing "all" those RG3 fans in this forum. Maybe a handful but I can't recall there were too many. Besides, who cares besides Redskins fans?

We're friends & all M-432, but I sure as hades am not cleaning that mess up.  :P I'll swing by the store & get you some adult diapers though. That's how I roll. 

Yes, all kidding aside, it's mind boggling to think what Daniel Synder gave up for a QB prospect that blew up or at least unraveled before his face isn't it? 

I think Shanahan played a huge part in ruining RG3. He was not ready at all to play after the 1st injury. IMO Shanahan was not a good head coach as far as him protection the players who played for him. He ran Davis right out of his career. Used him as a decoy when Davis had no vision from a migraine headache. The very player who was mostly responsible for bringing the 2 rings to Denver.

RG is a freakin' talented guy, but he's not there with his head, and injuries broke his career, and there are controversies around him looming with time. I think Shanahan wasn't the best fit for RG (or any rookie QB).

Besides,  I'm obviously glad from the very first moment that wee took Luck over RGIII. but we shouldn't slam him each time he appears in media. 

RG is a freakin' talented guy, but he's not there with his head, and injuries broke his career, and there are controversies around him looming with time. I think Shanahan wasn't the best fit for RG (or any rookie QB).

Besides,  I'm obviously glad from the very first moment that wee took Luck over RGIII. but we shouldn't slam him each time he appears in media. 

He's only physically talented.  In terms of his intangibles, he's not a leader.  He also hasn't shown much of an ability to read defenses and make throws on time.  He's fast and strong and can throw far, but you need much more than that to be a good QB

We just thought he shouldn't say he was the NFL's best QB. If that slamming him unfairly .. ehhh ... to bad I guess. Are you aware that Washington had to limit his pressers to one per week ? Pretty sure that was because they didn't appreciate what was coming out of his mouth.

I gotta wonder how a person with 3.67 GPA, attended Baylor, graduated with a BA degree in 2.5 years while playing football at the same time, now about to get a masters degree...

can seem to be so stupid and clueless when it comes to life in the NFL.

That's why.

We just thought he shouldn't say he was the NFL's best QB. If that slamming him unfairly .. ehhh ... to bad I guess. Are you aware that Washington had to limit his pressers to one per week ? Pretty sure that was because they didn't appreciate what was coming out of his mouth.

honestly I didn't follow Redskins' and RGIII's pressers... all I know there were some media mishaps...and social media thing 'made by an intern'.

He's only physically talented.  In terms of his intangibles, he's not a leader.  He also hasn't shown much of an ability to read defenses and make throws on time.  He's fast and strong and can throw far, but you need much more than that to be a good QB

In 2012 everyone raved about read option and mobile QBs, that's why there was big hype around RG...his other abilities...he hasn't shown them if he had any. 

RG3 needs a fresh start, and the Redskins will cut him so that they don't owe $16 mil. to him.

RG3 needs to go to a team where a) the coach believes in him and b) is willing to run the same system from 2012 that RG3 flourished in and c) minimize the mishaps that led to RG3's injury at the end of 2012 (teaching him to slide, staying away from the spotlight etc.).

While the odds of all the above happening are slim, it might at least give him a fresh start if all changes are willing to be made.

honestly I didn't follow Redskins' and RGIII's pressers... all I know there were some media mishaps...and social media thing 'made by an intern'.

No , I'm not talking about the social media issues. Unless I'm misinformed , the Redskins said they would be limiting RG3's talks to the media to once a week. 

No , I'm not talking about the social media issues. Unless I'm misinformed , the Redskins said they would be limiting RG3's talks to the media to once a week. 

that's crazy...like a bad boy. I haven't heard about that. If so he's not mature enough for the game.

Edit: He's not mature for the NFL.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

I can't believe I am going to say it but - Where are all the Colts Fans that were screaming " We MUST TAKE RG3" he is better than Luck! The Red Skins can't give him away. Not saying he is another Ryan Leaf bust. But he's no LUCK!

Yes, I remember in October of the the 2011 season everyone in my hometown in Hawaii thought I was crazy when I said Peyton was done and we were going after Luck the following year, and I know they did not "suck for luck", everyone was saying the Colts was a 3-13 team at best without Manning but the same could be said if we lost Luck 

There were always problems with his "head" going back to Baylor, but people just ignored it. Egomaniac