Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whom Would You Most Like To Make The Roster?

basketballsteve

Abou Toure and Zack Hodges .... but I guess that was never possible playing on the sidelines. I could list 10 vets that I would cut before I cut those two! Gimmies and defaults will not improve this team. True and unbiased athletic evaluation is the only way.  :cheer2:  :cheer2:  :cheer2:  :cheer2:  :cheer2:  

They have to prove themselves worthy of coming off the sidelines and into the game. 

They have to prove themselves worthy of coming off the sidelines and into the game. 

And how might they do that .... standing around and watching or laying on their back in the hotel room? These two are very athletic and we cut them, without any opportunity to prove themselves. There is no way you can tell me that Toure is not better than Tipton or an injured Ballard. And there is no way you can tell me that Herrera is better than Hodges. And I won't even start with comments about the slugs on the OL.

And how might they do that .... standing around and watching or laying on their back in the hotel room? These two are very athletic and we cut them, without any opportunity to prove themselves. There is no way you can tell me that Toure is not better than Tipton or an injured Ballard. And there is no way you can tell me that Herrera is better than Hodges. And I won't even start with comments about the slugs on the OL.

The same way that Varga did.  BTW, they were playing Hodges at OLB...Herrera is an ILB.  

Isn't royal flush just a variant of straight flush? I'm not good in terms of poker. :)

In poker, a royal flush is an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 all suited. A straight flush is any 5 connected cards other than those suited. The top 5 names in the draft on our seem like they would count as a royal flush, lol. Even if a few of them are busts.

The same way that Varga did.  BTW, they were playing Hodges at OLB...Herrera is an ILB.  

If Robinson does not get concussed Varga gets no opportunity either. I don't want to say "I told you so", but "I told you so"! Unfortunately I will not have the opportunity to say that again with Toure as he got cut... maybe with someone else? How do you explain the fact that we still have Tipton and Ballard kicking around and Toure gets cut? That is crazy and I don't care how much you are in love with either of them! He is a bigger, faster, healthier and more capable back than either of those two at this time or at any time in the future!

What difference does it make that Hodges is a OLB and Herrerra is a ILB? Hodges is a better athlete. Regardless of position, if I am bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than you I will kick your "behind" every time! What kind of coach does not evaluate athletic ability first .... the kind that says you are a ILB and you are a OLB , or you are drafted and you are not and that's just the way it is? Common, Hodges had one snap last game and likely zero snaps in practice.

What is this? Are we building a team here or what? This is the Colts, not Browns or Raiders for crying out loud! Not giving guys a fair opportunity to compete, especially when you promised them one when you brought them in, is just bad KARMA. And we do not need any of that!

If Robinson does not get concussed Varga gets no opportunity either. 

Pure speculation and nothing else.  I also disagree with it.  Robinson was playing pretty early with the 1's and 2's...unlikely he'd have stayed in with the 3's and 4's later in the game.  I think that time was already carved out to give Varga a chance after he showed flashes last week.  

If Robinson does not get concussed Varga gets no opportunity either. I don't want to say "I told you so", but "I told you so"! Unfortunately I will not have the opportunity to say that again with Toure as he got cut... maybe with someone else? How do you explain the fact that we still have Tipton and Ballard kicking around and Toure gets cut? That is crazy and I don't care how much you are in love with either of them! He is a bigger, faster, healthier and more capable back than either of those two at this time or at any time in the future!

What difference does it make that Hodges is a OLB and Herrerra is a ILB? Hodges is a better athlete. Regardless of position, if I am bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than you I will kick your "behind" every time! What kind of coach does not evaluate athletic ability first .... the kind that says you are a ILB and you are a OLB , or you are drafted and you are not and that's just the way it is? Common, Hodges had one snap last game and likely zero snaps in practice.

What is this? Are we building a team here or what? This is the Colts, not Browns or Raiders for crying out loud! Not giving guys a fair opportunity to compete, especially when you promised them one when you brought them in, is just bad KARMA. And we do not need any of that!

Good Lord. Shut up. Same % every time with you. Even when Varga gets the time you've been crying for him to get you still cry "Yeah, but!".

The entire board collectively rolls their eyes when reading your nonsense.

Good Lord. Shut up. Same % every time with you. Even when Varga gets the time you've been crying for him to get you still cry "Yeah, but!".

The entire board collectively rolls their eyes when reading your nonsense.

That's your "spin, spin, spin" on it.  I am interested in fielding the best team possible and unfortunately that requires some objectivity. To assume that our 53 is the best 53 we could have come up with could not be further from the truth. But keep spinning! Wolves get to eat and sheep are lead to slaughter!

That's your "spin, spin, spin" on it. I am interested in fielding the best team possible and unfortunately that requires some objectivity. To assume that our 53 is the best 53 we could have come up with could not be further from the truth. But keep spinning! Wolves get to eat and sheep are lead to slaughter!

The only one who is spinning % is you, champ.

You make these giant assumptions just out of thin air with absolutely no facts supporting you. And then when something or someone (like Varga) proves you wrong you spin that "Yeah, but!". Yeah, but . . . Shut up.

That's your "spin, spin, spin" on it. I am interested in fielding the best team possible and unfortunately that requires some objectivity. To assume that our 53 is the best 53 we could have come up with could not be further from the truth. But keep spinning! Wolves get to eat and sheep are lead to slaughter!

How many practices have you been to? Oh, none.

The coaches see them everyday, you don't. They have to earn playing time during practice. That's how it works