Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders Cut Trent Richardson

SOMDColtsfan

You know it's bad when you can't even make the team as a backup! Former 1st round draft pick is now officially a bust.

Its even worse when you look at the top 3 picks from that year's draft.

1: Luck= we all know his talent level ;)

2: RG3= BUST (yes he's busted, i dont care if he had a good rookie season, washington bet the farm and gave up how many picks for him???)

3: TRich- BUSTX2 (also had a good rookie season, but considering 2 teams gave up 1st rounders for him, he's probably the biggest bust in NFL history, if not top 3, right next to RG3 and Ryan Leaf )

2: RG3= BUST (yes he's busted, i dont care if he had a good rookie season, washington bet the farm and gave up how many picks for him???)

3: TRich- BUSTX2 (also had a good rookie season, but considering 2 teams gave up 1st rounders for him, he's probably the biggest bust in NFL history, if not top 3, right next to RG3 and Ryan Leaf )

you forgot jamarcus russell

I still haven't given up on RG. When I look at how long it took Alex Smith to adjust coming out of the spread and how bad he was during his transition period.  I think RG will eventually get it unless he allows his attitude to drive him out of the league.  The guy needs to humble himself and I think he's better fit in a scheme that is not totally reliant on playing from the pocket. Not that he shouldn't be more proficient from the pocket.  I just don't think he's a pure pocket passer overall.

I wonder if there were ever a worse 2nd and 3rd draft pick in the same draft in league history. Just brutal.