Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is One Player You Are Really Pulling For To Make The 53?

MTC

It has to be someone who is on the roster bubble. 

For me it's ILB Junior Sylvestre. He has the speed and makes tackles. His PFF grades are positive as well.

The reason he is on the roster bubble is because Colts already have four ILB (Jackson, Freeman, Irving, and Herrera) locked into the 53 and it's unsure if they will carry a fifth ILB. 

Ballard (only if he plays the last preseason game)

Denzel Goode

Goode is pretty much a lock at this point. He's a rookie who has shown some great promise in the preseason thus far. I would truly be shocked if DG isn't on the final roster

Ballard on the other hand............eh the odds are against him. I like the dude but he's gonna have to really kill it on thursday to make the team. Which sucks because I was SO excited about his future after his rookie year. I hate it when injuries screw players over.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I’d like Crossby!   I really like Mitchell, but I just don’t see more youth being a good thing for our CB room. Even if the Sneed thing is made up I still think we should go for a vet.    I hope we can get Cooper in the 2nd. I’d prefer a WR (or Bowers) at 15, but right now I think we’re looking at DE.    Powers-Johnson looks greats, but of all the things we could do I think OL is probably the least likely at 15.    Lots of needs. Safety is probably the biggest, but I don’t think any of them are worth the 15th overall. 
    • @Solid84   Still holding out hope we trade our R1P15 to LV for Maxx Crosby give them draft capital to move up for their QB.    If we sit at P15, draft CB Quinyon Mitchell.  Latest report seen was the Colts haven't even talked trade for Sneed.  False news, who knows, time will tell?    If Mitchell is gone before P15 then see a trade back and draft WLB Edgerrin Cooper or OL Jackson Powers-Johnson. 
    • I like it overall, but I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell we're drafting Kinchens after his atrocious Combine. With a RAS of 2.27 he's not even a blip on Ballard's radar lol.
    • Sorry late to the party line chat on Page 57 of 94   Skyy Moore, deleted that draft class and notes but Moore seemed to have some potential but wasn't sold on him.  Viewed Moore as an average receiver not much more.  I wouldn't trade for him.   If you were looking to trade for any WR, I would suggest targeting the Packer's Dontayvion Wicks.    As for some of these other comments that I have read up and not going to ready through 30 pages.  Colts spent 200M on most of their own (top NFL) players,    Recent news I saw is that the Colts haven't had any communication talks about trading for Sneed.  How true that is or not to be seen.  Seems the Colts have done a lot spending 200M on their own and doubt we have much cap space left to sign a big-name player like Sneed.  Still haven't seen latest cap space figures since our latest signing.     The Colts build through the draft and those expectations will not change this season.  Again, our organization was lucky enough to sign some of our best positional players.  Sadly, not everyone can get resigned and do expect Blackmon to move on.  Latest rumor is Blackmon signs with the Bills. 
    • The problem is Ballard drafts traitsy raw guys more often than not, so by the time AR is ready we likely won't know if the guys he drafted are IT. That issue then gets compounded by Ballard not using FA to bring in guys who work NOW. THEN if the guys he drafts miss, we'll be waiting another 2-4 years on the next batch... see the problem?   That's fair I guess, but Armstead and Huff were signed for ~$17m/year.   Huff was the 2nd most efficient pass rusher IN THE LEAGUE in 2023 behind only Micah Parson - that's better than Myles Garrett, TJ Watt, Nick Bosa you name 'em. For $17m that's worth taking a shot at, because even if he only produces at a good level he'd still likely be a Jonathan Greenard who signed for $19m. IF he works out though he'd be the bargain of the decade.   Armstead has already played with Buckner and he would be a big upgrade over Grover Stewart for $4m more per year than what we signed Grover for.
  • Members

• w87r

w87r 13,328

Moderators
    • CR91

CR91 12,594

• r a y s k i

r a y s k i 382

• OhioColt

OhioColt 387

• stitches

stitches 18,665