Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bad News For The Jaguars

RockThatBlue

I know this is a legitimate injury but I think those in Denver have to think this is the same ol Thomas. Constant little nagging injuries and not wanting to play in NE in the playoffs. Incredible athlete but I don't think he is a football player...and without Peyton he definitely wouldn't still be in the league.

I know this is a legitimate injury but I think those in Denver have to think this is the same ol Thomas. Constant little nagging injuries and not wanting to play in NE in the playoffs. Incredible athlete but I don't think he is a football player...and without Peyton he definitely wouldn't still be in the league.

True Peyton's greatness did put him on the map, but it's not an accident that even before Peyton's injury last year, his play tailed off when Julius got injured. It also isn't an accident that once Julius got in the lineup for Denver, Peyton has an all time great season & they got to the SB. I'll probably catch heat for wait I'm about to say, but as great as Dallas was, Julius is the best TE Peyton has ever played with so to say he's not a football player is incorrect in spite of him being injury prone.

True Peyton's greatness did put him on the map, but it's not an accident that even before Peyton's injury last year, his play tailed off when Julius got injured. It also isn't an accident that once Julius got in the lineup for Denver, Peyton has an all time great season & they got to the SB. I'll probably catch heat for wait I'm about to say, but as great as Dallas was, Julius is the best TE Peyton has ever played with so to say he's not a football player is incorrect in spite of him being injury prone.

Uhh sorry...while Thomas is an athletic freak he couldn't even run a proper route before Peyton got there. Peyton was constantly telling him how to run his routes to get open. One time Thomas got drilled by a safety and Peyton said he will learn to run it exactly the way I tell him after that. He was very very raw but benefited from being in an offense that had stars everywhere. Teams will key on him and take him away. NO tried to take Dallas away and they couldn't do it in the SB. I think only Rodney Harrison was really only able to slow Dallas down and I've seen Julius take himself out of games mentally so I'm sorry if I don't think Julius is the best TE Peyton has played with. I look for something similar to what we see with Decker happen with Thomas. He is too athletic not to make some plays but he isn't going to be that 1000yd receiver with double digit TDs ever again. Honestly I doubt he plays more than 10 games in any given season ever.

Uhh sorry...while Thomas is an athletic freak he couldn't even run a proper route before Peyton got there. Peyton was constantly telling him how to run his routes to get open. One time Thomas got drilled by a safety and Peyton said he will learn to run it exactly the way I tell him after that. He was very very raw but benefited from being in an offense that had stars everywhere. Teams will key on him and take him away. NO tried to take Dallas away and they couldn't do it in the SB. I think only Rodney Harrison was really only able to slow Dallas down and I've seen Julius take himself out of games mentally so I'm sorry if I don't think Julius is the best TE Peyton has played with. I look for something similar to what we see with Decker happen with Thomas. He is too athletic not to make some plays but he isn't going to be that 1000yd receiver with double digit TDs ever again. Honestly I doubt he plays more than 10 games in any given season ever.

Yep, agree. What did Deion Branch do after the Pats let him go? What is James Jones doing since he left Rodgers and the Packers?

Great QBs make ordinary ones very good and very good ones great players. That is just how it goes.