Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty Has A Concussion?

Steamboat_Shaun

It shows how fragile the receiving corps can be...just look at Green Bay.

If TY gets dinged and old Andre is out (which he will be at some point) we are down to Moncrief, Dorsett and Carter. The Colts should seriously consider keeping 6 WRs on the roster

for the first time in years and Griff would be #6. If we keep the "normal" number of 5 WRs, we run the risk of playing one or two raw WRs off the PS giving us a diminished passing attack which is the 'bread and butter' of the team.

If TY gets dinged and old Andre is out (which he will be at some point) we are down to Moncrief, Dorsett and Carter. The Colts should seriously consider keeping 6 WRs on the roster

for the first time in years and Griff would be #6. If we keep the "normal" number of 5 WRs, we run the risk of playing one or two raw WRs off the PS giving us a diminished passing attack which is the 'bread and butter' of the team.

I don't get the hype of carter. The only thing we 'hear' is that he has a great training camp and impressing. But he hasn't done a thing come game time. I'm not sold.

This is news to me...

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said WR T.Y. Hilton is in the league's concussion protocol.

— DFS Money Lineups (@FantasyRasta)

August 31, 2015

I know TK already admonished you for infringing on his thread, so forgive me if I pile on.

Did anyone actually say TY has a concussion?  The only thing I read was that he had a headache on Monday so they put him through the concussion protocol.

We have enough Sky is Falling! threads around here, don't we?

Johnson has missed one game in the last three seasons...... what makes you so sure he will miss time?

I don't get the hype of carter. The only thing we 'hear' is that he has a great training camp and impressing. But he hasn't done a thing come game time. I'm not sold.

Carter can play, and that out to the sideline Luck released before Duran even came out of his break was beautiful. I belive it is a little mental, and he needs some time. He is a physical speciman, and if he does not make the 5-6 man squad, I believe he will be on the PS. His potential is just too much to ignore. His problem is he has not adjusted to the speed of the NFL players. On Mike and Mike today, Carter said his son told him "the players and the games are so much faster than I thought". WR's even though lately many have done really well in the first year usually need a year and the biggest leap is from Year one to the second. He got hyped because of how good he is in practice. I believe we stash him, and when AJ is gone, he will step up and fill that role.

The NFL and fans have been spoiled the last few years by WR's and their quick transition. That used to never be the case. Give him time. If Eric Swoop from Miami deserved time to develop, then Carter, with his ceiling definitely does!

Carter can play, and that out to the sideline Luck released before Duran even came out of his break was beautiful. I belive it is a little mental, and he needs some time. He is a physical speciman, and if he does not make the 5-6 man squad, I believe he will be on the PS. His potential is just too much to ignore. His problem is he has not adjusted to the speed of the NFL players. On Mike and Mike today, Carter said his son told him "the players and the games are so much faster than I thought". WR's even though lately many have done really well in the first year usually need a year and the biggest leap is from Year one to the second. He got hyped because of how good he is in practice. I believe we stash him, and when AJ is gone, he will step up and fill that role.

The NFL and fans have been spoiled the last few years by WR's and their quick transition. That used to never be the case. Give him time. If Eric Swoop from Miami deserved time to develop, then Carter, with his ceiling definitely does!

i can easily see them giving Carter time to develop. I know Grady and Big Joe said Carter looks over whelmed when they have seen him in practice. He may just need some time to develop. However, I think if that's the case the Colts might very well keep six WRs which is what I think they were hoping to do with the sixth being Carter as the return guy freeing up the roster spot to do that. He's lack of production in that area may cause the Colts to rethink that though.