Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toler "week To Week" [Merge]

Smonroe

It was on the StampedeBlue website.  He's been downgraded from day to day with his neck injury.

If he's going to miss time, the first five weeks of the season is the time to miss.  We're not exactly facing any HoF QBs during that time.

This is certainly not very good news either way though. 

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Here we go again, how many games did Toler miss in 2013 when he was "week to week"?

+

Neck injuries are tricky (as we all know).  "Week to Week" is never a good thing to hear.

In spite what people think about him, he's a decent CB.  Butler is better suited for the slot, so Brown and Smith will have to show up.

This may also change our roster decision.  I thought we'd keep 5 CBs, we may have to go with 6 now unless they IR him with a return designation.

Neck injuries are tricky (as we all know).  "Week to Week" is never a good thing to hear.

In spite what people think about him, he's a decent CB.  Butler is better suited for the slot, so Brown and Smith will have to show up.

This may also change our roster decision.  I thought we'd keep 5 CBs, we may have to go with 6 now unless they IR him with a return designation.

Yea, I like Toler too, which might not be popular, but he seems like he's made of glass. Last season he played 15 games, and that was the most in any season of his career.

Yea, I like Toler too, which might not be popular, but he seems like he's made of glass. Last season he played 15 games, and that was the most in any season of his career.

I'd say more of thin plastic. He's not had any super major injuries to my knowledge. Yet he seems to get the naggy ones.

Hope he recovers soon but it does open the door for someone else to step up with more playing time. Tolers body just cant take the contact in my opinion. Of course I don't know the severity of it but it does seem to me mentally he just cant take the physical contact let alone physically

Hope he recovers soon but it does open the door for someone else to step up with more playing time. Tolers body just cant take the contact in my opinion. Of course I don't know the severity of it but it does seem to me mentally he just cant take the physical contact let alone physically

hmm

That seems like major stretch

Yeah, I've always kind of wondered why he gets so much criticism, but my guess it's more injury than performance-related. I like him, he's a good fit in our scheme, and makes some ridiculous plays sometimes (his pick vs PHI last year was insane), just wish he could stay healthy.

hmm

That seems like major stretch

Admittedly it might be a little stretch but by no means a major stretch. He did in fact say

"I want to be back out there helping my teammates,” Toler said. “Some dudes can play with their bodies being off a little. I can’t. The training staff told me they want me to be 100 percent before I go back out there.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/55794/greg-toler-wont-return-until-100-percent

Admittedly it might be a little stretch but by no means a major stretch. He did in fact say

"I want to be back out there helping my teammates,” Toler said. “Some dudes can play with their bodies being off a little. I can’t. The training staff told me they want me to be 100 percent before I go back out there.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/55794/greg-toler-wont-return-until-100-percent

With our first five games against less than stellar QBs, there's time for him to get back to 100%. CB is a position that's really hard to hide an injury. If an opponent knows one isn't 100% they're going to go at him.

You can bet that when he comes back, he'll be the target. He already is targeted more since they shy away from Vontae. Safety help will be needed.

he was talking about a groin injury. You ever play football with a groin injury? I have. I understood what he was saying. People constantly take that quote and make stupid conclusions from it.

We really need Toler to be healthy this year. Smith and Brown leave me feeling uneasy.

Hell yeah, when healthy heʻs solid I remember when he was with the Cards man they had a damn good team but kinda reminded of the Colts because of the run game but they were better at stopping the run

He is always injured.... It is a real problem because if Vontae ever were to go down too we would have Butler as our best CB with a rookie in Djuon smith and someone like Price or Brown in as well.... Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

We really need either a much stronger 3rd option or unfortunately we need to replace Toler sooner rather than later. Which is a shame because I really like his game when he is healthy... sadly that just isnt often at all.

He is always injured.... It is a real problem because if Vontae ever were to go down too we would have Butler as our best CB with a rookie in Djuon smith and someone like Price or Brown in as well.... Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

We really need either a much stronger 3rd option or unfortunately we need to replace Toler sooner rather than later. Which is a shame because I really like his game when he is healthy... sadly that just isnt often at all.

I think he's solid when healthy. Nothing special. He seems to draw a lot of interference/holding calls too but I think he gets targeted more because teams can't throw on davis' side.

I think he's solid when healthy. Nothing special. He seems to draw a lot of interference/holding calls too but I think he gets targeted more because teams can't throw on davis' side.

I think he's a little above average, a good CB when healthy.  Definitely plays tight and deserves those PI calls.

I'd rather have my CB play like that than how they used to have guys like Tim Jennings play in the Tampa 2.  Ten yard cushion on 3rd and 7.  It would drive me crazy.  Jennings was a whipping boy here, and it was more because of the way they made him play.

I think he's a little above average, a good CB when healthy.  Definitely plays tight and deserves those PI calls.

I'd rather have my CB play like that than how they used to have guys like Tim Jennings play in the Tampa 2.  Ten yard cushion on 3rd and 7.  It would drive me crazy.  Jennings was a whipping boy here, and it was more because of the way they made him play.

I agree. Those tampa 2 cushions were tough to take.

It was on the StampedeBlue website.  He's been downgraded from day to day with his neck injury.

If he's going to miss time, the first five weeks of the season is the time to miss.  We're not exactly facing any HoF QBs during that time.

Merged your two threads together

I think he's a little above average, a good CB when healthy. Definitely plays tight and deserves those PI calls.

I'd rather have my CB play like that than how they used to have guys like Tim Jennings play in the Tampa 2. Ten yard cushion on 3rd and 7. It would drive me crazy. Jennings was a whipping boy here, and it was more because of the way they made him play.

He went to the Bears and they starting playing man coverage and all of a sudden he's a pro bowler getting picks and forcing fumbles.