Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Biggest Fear...

bap1331

Was that ty wouldn't sign with the colts, walk free and sign with the patriots. I hate how every player signs with the pats at a cheap price. Brady is like almost 40. Why not sign at a cheap price with a young qb and a great team at a cheap price?

Was that ty wouldn't sign with the colts, walk free and sign with the patriots. I hate how every player signs with the pats at a cheap price. Brady is like almost 40. Why not sign at a cheap price with a young qb and a great team at a cheap price?

I've always wondered that but my guess is they would like a chance to play for Belichick. That's the only thing I can think of.

I get his decision 100%. This late in his career it's time for Reggie to think financially and if he can get another opportunity at a championship that's just win/win. No bad blood from me. Reggie will always be remembered as an all-time great Colts player, but seeing him in #15 is weird tho!

My biggest fear would be something bad happening to my family......sooo since TY is part of my "Colts" family I would say that him signing within the division would be worse...but I would be more fearful of AL having his right arm/shoulder destroyed in a big smah hit from JJ and Clowney.

People sign with NE because of the culture of winning, professionalism, and a HOF QB. People follow LEADERS...and NE has those in spades with Tom, Bill, and Robert. Can't blame them. There has been some integrity issues there but clearly most athletes aren't as bothered by that as much as fans around here are.

How would that make any sense for a guy like Reggie Wayne?

My biggest fear would be something bad happening to my family......sooo since TY is part of my "Colts" family I would say that him signing within the division would be worse...but I would be more fearful of AL having his right arm/shoulder destroyed in a big smah hit from JJ and Clowney.

People sign with NE because of the culture of winning, professionalism, and a HOF QB. People follow LEADERS...and NE has those in spades with Tom, Bill, and Robert. Can't blame them. There has been some integrity issues there but clearly most athletes aren't as bothered by that as much as fans around here are.

The most often cheating program in the NFL? Yeah you could say there are integrity issues there. Spygate, deflategate and 

defensive players getting gassed and faking injuries as Manning was running his no huddle offense, the very next play

that supposedly injured player is back on the field.

The most often cheating program in the NFL? Yeah you could say there are integrity issues there. Spygate, deflategate and 

defensive players getting gassed and faking injuries as Manning was running his no huddle offense, the very next play

that supposedly injured player is back on the field.

And yet it hasn't stopped one of our very own leaders from joining them. Perhaps we make too much of a big deal over these things....certainly isn't stopping our HOF from going there. I know these guys play for the money but Reggie was close to going there last time. Fact is players see it as a first class organization no matter how WE feel about it.

And yet it hasn't stopped one of our very own leaders from joining them. Perhaps we make too much of a big deal over these things....certainly isn't stopping our HOF from going there. I know these guys play for the money but Reggie was close to going there last time. Fact is players see it as a first class winning organization no matter how WE feel about it.

Fixed one little thing for you :)

Like I said before...it doesn't matter how we feel about them. The players see it different and almost everyone that I've seen that's been interviewed about their time there says the same thing. I may not like their methods and how they skirt around the rules but my view doesn't matter. We always see and hear of a ton of players that speak of how highly they think of that organization.

Like I said before...it doesn't matter how we feel about them. The players see it different and almost everyone that I've seen that's been interviewed about their time there says the same thing. I may not like their methods and how they skirt around the rules but my view doesn't matter. We always see and hear of a ton of players that speak of how highly they think of that organization.

My point is, we have no idea of knowing how players feel about the organization itself.  They may not see it as a first class organization at all, but rather one that wins a lot.  I agree that how we feel about them does not matter, but we have no idea how the players truly feel.  All we know is that Reggie was still willing to sign with them, but that could have been for a host of reasons other than he feels they are first class. :)

Back to the actual topic...I am glad TY didn't hit free agency. He is and has been a huge part of our offense and I don't even want to think about facing the guy on another team. To me it would be worse to face him twice against a divisional foe but to give Brady that type of weapon....yeah scary.

My point is, we have no idea of knowing how players feel about the organization itself.  They may not see it as a first class organization at all, but rather one that wins a lot.  I agree that how we feel about them does not matter, but we have no idea how the players truly feel.  All we know is that Reggie was still willing to sign with them, but that could have been for a host of reasons other than he feels they are first class. :)

I'm just going to go by what I've heard numerous times in interviews etc. Maybe they are lying but the message most have conveyed is that it is one of the premier organizations in the league and many players would love to play there. I agree I can't know what's inside but many have said it...and many's actions have shown it.

Also I think your and my interpretation of first class organization is very much different from a players. Within the league I think many players think the Patriots run a first class organization...but yeah...unless we get a vote on it I'm just taking players at their word and refering from their actions.

I'm just going to go by what I've heard numerous times in interviews etc. Maybe they are lying but the message most have conveyed is that it is one of the premier organizations in the league and many players would love to play there. I agree I can't know what's inside but many have said it...and many's actions have shown it.

I rarely listen to player interviews because they're just going to repeat what their PR folks tell them to say. 

I think he was partially right the first time.  It is a first class organization, but I'm not sure the players feel that way.  They'll let a guy walk but they know how to win.  A guy may take a little less to play for them in hopes of winning, but it doesn't mean they'll keep him the next season.

Even though they've only one won SB in the last ten or so years, they're in it just about every year.  You can call them cheaters, but from everything I've read, Kraft is a class guy and there's no doubt they know how to win no matter who stays with or leaves the team.

The Pats, Steelers, Colts and maybe the Packers have to be the most successful (when it comes to winning) organizations in the NFL the last 10 years. 

Watt is a great player but Clowney is overhyped and injury prone I bet he gets hurt again before that happens. Also the colts starting line isn't that bad it could be worst Luck with the starting unit has only been sacked one time its the other two that have been sacked the most.

Watt is a great player but Clowney is overhyped and injury prone I bet he gets hurt again before that happens. Also the colts starting line isn't that bad it could be worst Luck with the starting unit has only been sacked one time its the other two that have been sacked the most.

I think the line could be a little worse but not much. Alot of times last year, Luck should have gotten sacked but either made a crazy quick pass or used his legs/strength to not get sacked. Somtimes Luck makes his line look decent.

I think he was partially right the first time.  It is a first class organization, but I'm not sure the players feel that way.  They'll let a guy walk but they know how to win.  A guy may take a little less to play for them in hopes of winning, but it doesn't mean they'll keep him the next season.

Even though they've only one won SB in the last ten or so years, they're in it just about every year.  You can call them cheaters, but from everything I've read, Kraft is a class guy and there's no doubt they know how to win no matter who stays with or leaves the team.

The Pats, Steelers, Colts and maybe the Packers have to be the most successful (when it comes to winning) organizations in the NFL the last 10 years. 

I'm not really arguing any of that.  I was simply saying that, just because a player signs with the Patriots does not automatically mean that player believes the Patriots to be a "First Class Organization".  :)

$$$$ is at the bottom of every decision. If he could get more elsewhere he would be there in a heartbeat. There is no honor amongst thieves.

I don't think Reggie would've signed with the Jaguars or the Raiders if they offered him double what New England signed him for. I'd also be hesitant to call him a "thief."

I'm not really arguing any of that.  I was simply saying that, just because a player signs with the Patriots does not automatically mean that player believes the Patriots to be a "First Class Organization".  :)

Got it.  I also said I'm not sure the players think that because the organization is known to treat contracts like a business decision (no personal attachments no matter what), yet they want the player to understand it's "the Patriot Way". 

Essentially they expect guys to take a little less money to play for a winner.  And a lot of guys buy into that. 

I'd add Baltimore and NY Giants to that. I think it starts at the top down and they seem to have a very well run organization if not a winning one. Never heard any bad words about the Mara's or anything but yeah...they are one of a handful of organizations I think players feel that way about.

Just saying the topic starter said his worst fear was about TY going to the Patriots. I was saying my worst would be basically Luck getting hurt....it could have been the Bills and week 1 with Williams and Hughes for all I'm saying. The thread somehow got turned into another Reggie Wayne to NE thread.

Just saying the topic starter said his worst fear was about TY going to the Patriots. I was saying my worst would be basically Luck getting hurt....it could have been the Bills and week 1 with Williams and Hughes for all I'm saying. The thread somehow got turned into another Reggie Wayne to NE thread.

The only thing the Colts have to fear is losing Luck to injury. They can play around everyone else but not Luck. Luck is the difference between this team being mediocre and a winner.

The only thing the Colts have to fear is losing Luck to injury. They can play around everyone else but not Luck. Luck is the difference between this team being mediocre and a winner.

You could say the same thing about GB, Pittsburgh, NO, to name a few. I wouldn't say that about NE because they proved they could win without Brady once. But they're not going to be SB contenders without him.

IMO, we can't be contenders without Vontae either.

I don't think Reggie would've signed with the Jaguars or the Raiders if they offered him double what New England signed him for. I'd also be hesitant to call him a "thief."

I don't think he meant that he was a thief. Its hard to say what Reggie would have done. Could be he just loves to play football and would have signed with just about anyone but he did say that he wanted to win so maybe that's an indication that there was interest from other teams besides the Pats and the Packers.

Personally, if I were in Reggie's shoes I would have loved to go to the Packers. Great fans. Good talent. One of the most, if not the most, storied traditions in the NFL. That would have been pretty cool. But, I get going to NE also. I don't like it but I get it.