Colts Vs Rams Hopes/predictions (Merge)

RockThatBlue

I'll list what I want to see:

How our o line looks against a very good rams d-line

How Luck will look against them

Wanna see if Frank Gore and andre johnson can play as well as last week

If Mewhort can have a bounce back game

If Josh Robinson dorsett and most of the rookies will continue to impress

How the first team run defense will look (it was great last game against forte)

If the tackling improves

I'll list what I want to see:

How our o line looks against a very good rams d-line

How Luck will look against them

Wanna see if Frank Gore and andre johnson can play as well as last week

If Josh Robinson dorsett and most of the rookies will continue to impress

How the first team run defense will look (it was great last game against forte)

If the tackling improves

All those...especially the O line, run defense and the tackling.

Cohesion on the O-line. I'm tired of changing lineups and excuses. I'm also tired of losing preseason games by multiple scores as well. It just gets old. If it's meaningless, just run scrimmages without points. It's impossible to gage this team or get excited about anything before September and this goes back to the early 2000's. The worst thing that can happen to this team is to get caught up in all the expectations about Super Bowl or bust...There is a lot to prove and the work has just begun.

That everyone makes it out of the game healthy!

I generally feel like people put too much into the third pre-season game in terms of expectations because while teams do game plan a little bit for it it's still pre-season and teams aren't going to show too much.  I think the whole dress rehearsal thing, while true to a certain point, is more marketing to try to get people to pay attention to the game and feel a little bit better about paying full price for practice football. 

With that said I wouldn't mind seeing the following:

Robinson getting a look with the first teams.

Better tackling

Better o-line play

Less penalties

and, again, NO INJURIES!

I want to see if O-line can handle the Rams Dline.

I want to see us stopping the run

I want to see us putting pressure on Foles

I want to see improvements in our tackling

I want to see improvements from our special teams coverage units

Maybe Robinson subbing in and out with Gorekeeping each other fresh

And no big time injuries

I think everyone has hit most of what I'd like so see... but hey, why not add another post!

- No major injuries!!

- O-line performance... need to have a good showing to help calm my nerves!  Looking at that right side mainly.

- Offensive efficiency... which kinda leads back to the O-line performance.

- Would really like to see some of the newbies get time with Luck and co.  Carter, Robinson, etc.

- D-line.  Stop that run and get after the QB.

- DBs... I've noticed they have been playing off the WRs for some reason.  Would like to see more man coverage and aggressive play.

- Special Teams... Tackling tackling tackling.

Should be a good game to watch. 

And as a side note, does anyone else have issue with the announcers so far this season?  I dunno what it is but they are just TERRIBLE!!  I guess one of the guys is normally a basketball announcer?  BLAH!  I hope they pull this guy before the regular season starts.  He makes watching the games almost unbearable!  If there wasn't a time delay I would just listen to it on the radio with the TV on.

I just want to see no injuries and maybe Carter have some game experience with Luck. Everything will fall into place once the regular season starts and we actually run schemes on plays and blocking.

Well, that and maybe better tackling. No reason to risk injury with tackling in pre season.

My only concerns are: 1) no injuries. 2) The offensive line vs the Rams defensive line 3) I'd like to see some of the new players get some reps with the first unit to see how they stack up against another teams starters: Guys like Josh Robinson, Duron Carter, Dorsett, Parry, Anderson etc

Every preseason it always seems like we lose a key piece to an injury. Hope this is the year that stops.

I would like to see better special teams coverage.

I get the feeling they're purposely outkicking the coverage to see who can gun and who can tackle in the open field. So I'm looking for individual effort and ability on special teams coverage, not necessarily positive results in terms of yardage and stuff.

Colts win 21-17 is what I'll go with

What I want to see

Gore (if he plays)

Ballard get more touches

Robinson keep being impressive

I'd like to see Dorsett get touches as a KR

How DJoun Smith plays since he should have increased snaps

How our o-line looks against a great defensive front

Most of all no injuries!!

1.The defense to make a better tackling effort

2.No injuries to either team

3.Bryan Bennett not to see the field (unfortunately its going to happen most likely)

4.Increased carries for Ballard if he is ready

5.Kerr to be consistent because he has the highest potential. Or just really any NT to step up

6.Linebackers to attack downhill with bad intentions instead of catching the rb at or beyond the LOS

7.Better performance out of Jack Mewhort then the last game. Im not asking for perfection but steady improvement then what I had 85% blocking grade

8.Bjoern Werner to be able to beat the Rams 2-3-4's O Linemen and show some form of pass rush moves

9.Force players to not rush upfield in a wide loop opening up a hole a semi could fit into (Im looking at you Cole......Sylvestre)

10.I'd like to see one of our smaller shiftier players returning kicks

1.The defense to make a better tackling effort

2.No injuries to either team

3.Bryan Bennett not to see the field (unfortunately its going to happen most likely)

4.Increased carries for Ballard if he is ready

5.Kerr to be consistent because he has the highest potential. Or just really any NT to step up

6.Linebackers to attack downhill with bad intentions instead of catching the rb at or beyond the LOS

7.Better performance out of Jack Mewhort then the last game. Im not asking for perfection but steady improvement then what I had 85% blocking grade

8.Bjoern Werner to be able to beat the Rams 2-3-4's O Linemen and show some form of pass rush moves

9.Force players to not rush upfield in a wide loop opening up a hole a semi could fit into (Im looking at you Cole......Sylvestre)

10.I'd like to see one of our smaller shiftier players returning kicks

1.  Fully agree!  Rams haven't tackled well either listening to their radio guys doing interviews the past couple of days so I have feeling that's going to be a focus of both teams.

2.  I think is the biggest goal for both teams.

3.  He'll probably play in the fourth quarter.  If nothing else it doesn't expose Luck or Hasselback to hits they don't need to take.

4.  Me too, I was a little surprised he didn't get more carries in the last game but I guess they must not have felt he was ready for that work load.

5.  I think our top three NTs have been determined, Chapman, Kerr, and Parry.  I think it's just a matter of figuring out who is the starter now but frankly all three of them are going to play.

6.  I would like to see more out of the linebackers, especially the outside guys.  I haven't seen Cole or Newsome getting after the QB in the pre-season and that's disappointing. 

7.  I think we'll see a better performance out of him.  I think we all need to remember he's played what three or four games in the NFL at right tackle and two of them are pre-season games.  He's only a second year player.  Thinking there wouldn't be a bump in the road with him was unrealistic. 

8.  They moved Werner out of that roll and they have him playing more of a run stopping roll.  So I think hoping to see him become more of a pass rusher doesn't really fit what they are asking him to do right now.  Honestly I think he's had a decent pre-season so far and I think he is much better suited for his new roll than his old one.

9.  Teams are going to run at your pass rushers.  It's a weakness.  I would like to see a little more support out of the MLBers and D-lineman to let our pass rushers be able to get after the QB.

10.  That's one thing I keep looking at, unless Dorrset returns kicks I don't think there is a kick returner on this team.  A guy like Whalen or Boom(not that I think there is a major danger of Boom getting cut) might end up keeping their jobs just because they handle kickoffs. 

26-17 Rams is the prediction

The Good:

I think luck will pass for two tds. One to Hilton and Dorsett will catch his first TD as well if he plays Saturday.

Josh Robinson will have another solid day and become Gore's backup.

Our rookie Defensive players will stand out (Geathers, Anderson and Parry mostly).

Mewhort will improve at the RT position.

The Bad:

Duron Carter will struggle and not stand out

D'Joun Smith will get burnt a bunch of times

Our backup QB's will continue to struggle.

I'm mostly interested in seeing what Parry and Anderson can do. They've both been great. Look to continue that. Also want to see how D'joun Smith looks. Not to mention the first team defense and offensive line. Look for Robinson to have another beast game. The dude has amazing lateral quickness and agility, which I think now a days is the most important part of being a solid Running Back (especially with our offensive line, you better have the ability to make guys miss  haha). 

I think the game will go the same way it went with the Bears game. Solid first half with the starters, then the flood gates really open up in the second.

Final Score Rams take 31-20 (14-10 us at half time).

1.  Fully agree!  Rams haven't tackled well either listening to their radio guys doing interviews the past couple of days so I have feeling that's going to be a focus of both teams.

2.  I think is the biggest goal for both teams.

3.  He'll probably play in the fourth quarter.  If nothing else it doesn't expose Luck or Hasselback to hits they don't need to take.

4.  Me too, I was a little surprised he didn't get more carries in the last game but I guess they must not have felt he was ready for that work load.

5.  I think our top three NTs have been determined, Chapman, Kerr, and Parry.  I think it's just a matter of figuring out who is the starter now but frankly all three of them are going to play.

6.  I would like to see more out of the linebackers, especially the outside guys.  I haven't seen Cole or Newsome getting after the QB in the pre-season and that's disappointing. 

7.  I think we'll see a better performance out of him.  I think we all need to remember he's played what three or four games in the NFL at right tackle and two of them are pre-season games.  He's only a second year player.  Thinking there wouldn't be a bump in the road with him was unrealistic. 

8.  They moved Werner out of that roll and they have him playing more of a run stopping roll.  So I think hoping to see him become more of a pass rusher doesn't really fit what they are asking him to do right now.  Honestly I think he's had a decent pre-season so far and I think he is much better suited for his new roll than his old one.

9.  Teams are going to run at your pass rushers.  It's a weakness.  I would like to see a little more support out of the MLBers and D-lineman to let our pass rushers be able to get after the QB.

10.  That's one thing I keep looking at, unless Dorrset returns kicks I don't think there is a kick returner on this team.  A guy like Whalen or Boom(not that I think there is a major danger of Boom getting cut) might end up keeping their jobs just because they handle kickoffs. 

Walden had 6 sacks last year, Its not there first job but its really not either outside linebackers first job, Both will rush on 3rd down and sometimes the rush backer will rush on passing down and sometimes both will