Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever gets Hopkins and gurley

I should habe mentioned that this is a keeper league. I'm having a hard time with this one. Beckham will likely be a stud for some time to come and is in a fairly stable situation. Hopkins is good and currently a target monster, but i don't think that's sustainable. Yeldon is stuck behind the Jags bad offense, but has a lot of talent. Gurley looks like a monster in the making, but that knee and the Rams dont instill confidence.

Okay...Saints WR Brandon Cooks finally delivered a decent fantasy line yesterday.

I have Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Jeremy Maclin, Leaonard Hankerson and when/if he returns...Dez Bryant, who I grabbed off waivers once he was designated for return....and its a non-PPR league.

I'm also pretty well off at RB with Bell, Gore, Gurley, Woodhead and Abdullah.

So my question is.....should I try to "sell high" on Cooks' performance yesterday or hold onto him. Because Sean Payton's RB/WR rotaion habit has burned me in the past.

Thanks.

I should habe mentioned that this is a keeper league. I'm having a hard time with this one. Beckham will likely be a stud for some time to come and is in a fairly stable situation. Hopkins is good and currently a target monster, but i don't think that's sustainable. Yeldon is stuck behind the Jags bad offense, but has a lot of talent. Gurley looks like a monster in the making, but that knee and the Rams dont instill confidence.

Where did Beckham come from?

Okay...Saints WR Brandon Cooks finally delivered a decent fantasy line yesterday.

I have Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Jeremy Maclin, Leaonard Hankerson and when/if he returns...Dez Bryant, who I grabbed off waivers once he was designated for return....and its a non-PPR league.

So my question is.....should I try to "sell high" on Cooks' performance yesterday or hold onto him. Because Sean Payton's RB/WR rotaion habit has burned me in the past.

Thanks.

Sell. None of the Saints WR's are consistent.

Thanks.

I would sell. . . Guy has been playing for a quarter season and done nothing, I don't personally expect that one bump in week 5 will last over the course of the season.

Sell. None of the Saints WR's are consistent.

I would sell. . . Guy has been playing for a quarter season and done nothing, I don't personally expect that one bump in week 5 will last over the course of the season.

Thanks....that's how I was leaning.

I also see Shane Vereen and David Johnson available on the waiver list....and Ameer Abdullah looks like he has a fumble problem, not to mention the Lions offense's other problems.

I may drop Abdullah for Vereen or Johnson.....and I'm actually leaning toward Johnson, who does returns and is starting to see alot of goal line action and also figures to get alot of mop up touches with the Cards high-scoring offense.

Which one would you target? Vereen or Johnson?

Thanks....that's how I was leaning.

I also see Shane Vereen and David Johnson available on the waiver list....and Ameer Abdullah looks like he has a fumble problem, not to mention the Lions offense's other problems.

I may drop Abdullah for Vereen or Johnson.....and I'm actually leaning toward Johnson, who does returns and is starting to see alot of goal line action and also figures to get alot of mop up touches with the Cards high-scoring offense.

Which one would you target? Vereen or Johnson?

Probably Johnson. . . Looking at what he's done thus far this season it seems like he vultures TD's like no one else in the league.

Risky play though since he's entirely TD dependent.  

So I got offered a trade:

My Lacy/Hopkins for A Rodgers/M Lynch/Randal Cobb.

My roster as sits:

QB Luck/Tyrod Taylor

Rb Lacy/Woodhead/D Murray/Duke Johnson

WR Hopkins/D Thomas/Hilton/Landry

TE Witten

K McManus

Broncos D

I'm in the process of trying to get gore off the waivers. It's a ppr league. I'm in last place. I have one day to decide what do you Guys think? Please help

So I got offered a trade:

My Lacy/Hopkins for A Rodgers/M Lynch/Randal Cobb.

My roster as sits:

QB Luck/Tyrod Taylor

Rb Lacy/Woodhead/D Murray/Duke Johnson

WR Hopkins/D Thomas/Hilton/Landry

TE Witten

K McManus

Broncos D

I'm in the process of trying to get gore off the waivers. It's a ppr league. I'm in last place. I have one day to decide what do you Guys think? Please help

Lynch will eventually be back. But Rawls may start playing a greater role. Cobb won't be a factor. He's a dart throw and cannot be counted on consistently. He will have huge gsmes, bit fit everyone one of them he will have 3-4 flops. With Aaron Rodgers you'll be having to fight ti decide who will be your qb each week. Sounds good, but what's the point of having a top FF player sit on your bench?

Aaron Rodgers is an upgrade and you can use luck as trade bait for another WR. Lacy and lynch are almost a push, edge to lacy though. Lynch will end up being ban to norm. You'll really need to trade luck for a WR. Along with Landry or Witten. Plenty of good performing TE's in waivers. Life Gary Barnidge that I called this week for someone to pick up.

ok so I have an issue choosing a wr

hilton vs the pats

mathews vs giants

willie snead vs falcons

there are pro and cons with all of them.

hilton is gonna be the target of BB to take out of the game and who knows if luck's shoulder will be well enough to throw deep

bradford is spreading the ball too much. huff and austin have scored tds for crying out loud.

willie snead really interest me. hes been quietly productive. my only issue is the oline for the saints have been getting brees killed

ok so I have an issue choosing a wr

hilton vs the pats

mathews vs giants

willie snead vs falcons

there are pro and cons with all of them.

hilton is gonna be the target of BB to take out of the game and who knows if luck's shoulder will be well enough to throw deep

bradford is spreading the ball too much. huff and austin have scored tds for crying out loud.

willie snead really interest me. hes been quietly productive. my only issue is the oline for the saints have been getting brees killed

TY is always shut down versus the patriots.  Don't do it.  Matthews has an excellent matchup IMO.  If youre worried about spreading the ball around, i think the saints do that quite a lot.  They are both divisional games and both defenses are evenly bad.  I think Mathews is the better play, but if Marquise Colston does not play, I'd say Snead.

TY is always shut down versus the patriots.  Don't do it.  Matthews has an excellent matchup IMO.  If youre worried about spreading the ball around, i think the saints do that quite a lot.  They are both divisional games and both defenses are evenly bad.  I think Mathews is the better play, but if Marquise Colston does not play, I'd say Snead.

snead has been putting up numbers even with colston playing. I dont know what it is, but I have a good feeling about snead

So I have a good problem to have. But I need advice on this weird league.

Ok so the league setup is

QB

Rb

WR

WR

Flex (w,r,t)

Kicker

Def

The league is a keeper league. My keeper from last year was peterson. I had the first pick in the draft and I took Bell. I also picked up Devonta Freeman off of waivers a few weeks back. I also have Antonio gates. The problem is I can only start 2 backs at a time or 1 back and gates. Gates will likely never be in my lineup. So tradino him for a WR seems like a no brainer. Should I try to trade one of my backs, or just keep all three in case of injury.

Currently my starting wrs are Hopkins and Tyler lockett. My qb is palmer

So I have a good problem to have. But I need advice on this weird league.

Ok so the league setup is

QB

Rb

WR

WR

Flex (w,r,t)

Kicker

Def

The league is a keeper league. My keeper from last year was peterson. I had the first pick in the draft and I took Bell. I also picked up Devonta Freeman off of waivers a few weeks back. I also have Antonio gates. The problem is I can only start 2 backs at a time or 1 back and gates. Gates will likely never be in my lineup. So tradino him for a WR seems like a no brainer. Should I try to trade one of my backs, or just keep all three in case of injury.

Currently my starting wrs are Hopkins and Tyler lockett. My qb is palmer

Not all your RB'S have had their bye's yet have they?

No, only peterson

If you can trade Gates for a WR, go that way and keep your RB's. Once all of them have your bye then you'll be safe.  I assume you will  be keeping Gates if you trade a RB.  If you can't pull it off with Gates, then go RB.  You seem pretty secure there.

Greg Olsen @ Seattle or Antonio Gates @ Green Bay??

My FF thing says that Seattle has given up the 5th most points to TE's this year so it makes me tempted to play Olsen.  But I'm not feeling very confident.  

Of course playing a guy @ Green Bay doesn't fill me with confidence either.

first of i want to say this is not my team.

3 qb's on the roster; brady, luck, and A. Smith.

Looking to trade luck to qb desperate teams. Who's the better straight up target: Forte, D. Martin, G. Bernard, or AP?

I'd go after Forte or AP.  I'd lean a bit towards Forte because he also catches passes, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

first of i want to say this is not my team.

3 qb's on the roster; brady, luck, and A. Smith.

Looking to trade luck to qb desperate teams. Who's the better straight up target: Forte, D. Martin, G. Bernard, or AP?

Those rbs are interesting. First, Gio Bernard is actually getting the bulk of the carries and is in for most of the downs on the Bengals at rb, having said that, I still wouldn't trade for him. Martin had a great game, he was splitting carries evenly with Sims, but that might change. If you want a possible high reward player, do Martin. IMO though, I would trade for Forte in PPR Leagues and AP in standard leagues. Featured backs are becoming even more scarce recently, and with guys like McCoy and Charles falling off the map as well as Lacy underperforming, these two can get you a championship. Trade for one of them based on the league, you'll be happy you did.

Greg Olsen @ Seattle or Antonio Gates @ Green Bay??

My FF thing says that Seattle has given up the 5th most points to TE's this year so it makes me tempted to play Olsen.  But I'm not feeling very confident.  

Of course playing a guy @ Green Bay doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Rivers has been a very good fantasy qb this year, scoring the 8th most points among all qbs if i remember right. Gates looked very solid in his return and you should play him with confidence in a game where Rivers will play from behind and pass a lot and where Gates will be the beneficiary. 

If you can trade Gates for a WR, go that way and keep your RB's. Once all of them have your bye then you'll be safe. I assume you will be keeping Gates if you trade a RB. If you can't pull it off with Gates, then go RB. You seem pretty secure there.

I'm thinking about sitting bell this week. He has the toughest matchup of the three

I have Freeman peterson and bell. I can only play 2 of the three

I would sit Peterson then, Bell is better and more trustworthy. He dominates in the run and pass game and is good for 20 points a week. Peterson is a bit worse than that. The Steelers have been leaning on bell heavily with Big Ben gone and will continue to do so.

What's everyone's opinion on the KC RB Situation?

I chose not to buy into the hype of Chandrick West and nabbed Knile Davis off waivers.

Opinions?

Kniles davis is the ground guy, West is the passing game guy.  They will split pretty evenly until one shows more promise.

Need some help

This is my definite lineup:

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Edelman

TE: Greg Olsen

FLEX: Gates

K: McManus

DEF: Denver

These are my RBs I have to pick two from (I just lost Jamaal Charles):

1. Chris Johnson

2. Lamar Miller

3. LeGarrette Blount

4. Ahmad Bradshaw

These are my two WRs that I have but won't play because I plan on flexing my second TE:

1. Brandin Cooks

2. Donte Moncrief

I am 5-0 and projected to lose by 6 with Johnson and Blount in. Can someone help me set my lineup?

.5 ppr