Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds crazy, but crazy may just be what we need right now.

If you want less crazy, pick up Shane Vereen of the Giants, he would probably still be available and get some points vs Redskins (or) play Gore hoping he will produce vs a less stiff Titans front.

Upon second thought, Vereen or Gore makes actual sense now :).

Should I trade A.P. for Megatron and Kelce?

My lineup: (10 team two flex league)

QB: Ryan

RB: Peterson

RB: Jeremy Hill

WR: Julio Jones

WR: J. Matthews

TE: D. Walker

Flex: J. Randle

Flex: J. Landry

Bench: D. Adams, V.Jackson, Flacco, Perriman, R. Mathews, Matt Jones, Eric Ebron...

Please help... I've been torturing myself over it all day and I have until 4pm. Friday to decide.

I get that I'm thin at RB after a trade like this, but I think I'll get more points by adding Kelce, ditching a TE and grabbing Calvin Johnson...

Set me straight and do it quickly please... My brother won't stay drunk forever. :)

Also, anyone on my bench you think I should play over J. Matthews? I hate his matchup, but don't trust Adams yet and V. Jax will probably fade off into the fantasy sunset as Evans gets all the way back...

R. Mathews maybe if Murray doesn't go, but the Eagles can't seem to move the ball and it won't get easier against NYJ...

Like I said, set me straight... My head spins when consider the possible outcomes...

Should I trade A.P. for Megatron and Kelce?

My lineup: (10 team two flex league)

QB: Ryan

RB: Peterson

RB: Jeremy Hill

WR: Julio Jones

WR: J. Matthews

TE: D. Walker

Flex: J. Randle

Flex: J. Landry

Bench: D. Adams, V.Jackson, Flacco, Perriman, R. Mathews, Matt Jones, Eric Ebron...

Please help... I've been torturing myself over it all day and I have until 4pm. Friday to decide.

I get that I'm thin at RB after a trade like this, but I think I'll get more points by adding Kelce, ditching a TE and grabbing Calvin Johnson...

Set me straight and do it quickly please... My brother won't stay drunk forever. :)

First, don't think of it as a 2 for 1. You're replacing walker so think of it as AP and walker for johnson and kelce.

This makes it a lot closer trade than otherwise. I think over the long run you will turn out better, but I also think you will have regrets for the next few weeks because of Stafford being injured and them and trying to get johnson involved more now. And I think kelce fell back down to earth last week. He won't be like a gronk but he'll be better than last week overall (while still having similar games here and there) and better than walker.

J. Randle will have to become your #2, with Mathews or M. Jones being your flex replacement each week. Maybe Ebron if he continues the production he's been having, plus he saw 10 targets, an increase, over last week. He's one you should keep your eye on. He could be your Kelce, without having to get Kelce. If Ebron continues to perform, it makes this trade essentially a 1 for 1 swap, AP for Johnson, because if Ebron becomes like kelce, then you don't need to trade for kelce. But again, dependant on Ebron's performance.

Matt Jones could be a good replacement when your other RB's go on bye, but that's something you should look at as well and assess the matchups for those weeks.

I think you have more options and safety valves currently, but the trade will benefit you more. However, only in the long run not in any kind of immediate gains.

That's not the answer you probably want, but i hope I gave you something to think about.

Also, anyone on my bench you think I should play over J. Matthews? I hate his matchup, but don't trust Adams yet and V. Jax will probably fade off into the fantasy sunset as Evans gets all the way back...

R. Mathews maybe if Murray doesn't go, but the Eagles can't seem to move the ball and it won't get easier against NYJ...

Like I said, set me straight... My head spins when consider the possible outcomes...

I wouldn't say Jackson would fade because when Mike evans was hot, so was Jackson. As mike evans turns it up, it's going to open up Jackson. But they don't have the same qb.

I think your option could be move Landry to WR, play Ebron in flex. That's if you don't trust Mathews and Jackson. You should be fine but because you don't have many options that's going to make a significant difference.

I probably should have asked this question before I did it, but it's too late for that. I just traded Demarco Murray for A.J. Green. How do people feel about that trade?

That leaves my WRs in excellent shape (A. Brown, O. Beckham, A.J. Green, J. Brown, and D. Adams), but my RBs a little less so (C. Hyde, C.J. Anderson, T.J. Yeldon, M. Jones, R. Matthews, and T. Mason). 

First, don't think of it as a 2 for 1. You're replacing walker so think of it as AP and walker for johnson and kelce.

This makes it a lot closer trade than otherwise. I think over the long run you will turn out better, but I also think you will have regrets for the next few weeks because of Stafford being injured and them and trying to get johnson involved more now. And I think kelce fell back down to earth last week. He won't be like a gronk but he'll be better than last week overall (while still having similar games here and there) and better than walker.

J. Randle will have to become your #2, with Mathews or M. Jones being your flex replacement each week. Maybe Ebron if he continues the production he's been having, plus he saw 10 targets, an increase, over last week. He's one you should keep your eye on. He could be your Kelce, without having to get Kelce. If Ebron continues to perform, it makes this trade essentially a 1 for 1 swap, AP for Johnson, because if Ebron becomes like kelce, then you don't need to trade for kelce. But again, dependant on Ebron's performance.

Matt Jones could be a good replacement when your other RB's go on bye, but that's something you should look at as well and assess the matchups for those weeks.

I think you have more options and safety valves currently, but the trade will benefit you more. However, only in the long run not in any kind of immediate gains.

That's not the answer you probably want, but i hope I gave you something to think about.

Thank you very much for your well thought out reply. It helped a lot, although I came to a slightly different conclusion...

When I looked at week 3 trade values, even after tweaking them to my preferences, it does come out even every time Kelce - Walker + CJ -AP = 0...

While I'm less concerned about the short term than the playoffs, which *ically start week 12 for my league every year, but I decided that my depth at WR was more reliable than my RB depth, which could hurt if Randle sputters or Jones doesn't get the snaps those weeks I need him to cover byes...

Also, I think that Peterson is going to have a spectacular year and I don't really trust Megatron's knees come late season. Stafford, I believe, will probably be alright in the long run, which bodes well for Ebron and could make Kelce less valuable to me...

So I ultimately decided to reject the trade, after trying to get him to add a flex type guy and I feel ok rolling out AP this week...

I actually am playing against him this week and I think that maybe a poor showing for Calvin can convince my bro to trade him and Kelce to me for Hill... I'd feel much better about that... He is stacked at WR, has Gates stashed, but thin at RB...

So we pretty much agree... Thanks again. I might just start Ebron, although I did replace Ryan Mathews with F. Jackson just in case I wanna plug him in if Lynch doesn't go... Seems risky, but they will run a bunch against the Bears.

Drop Roethlisberger or stash him for 4-6 weeks?

Hate to waste a roster spot on an IA QB...leaning towards dropping him and grabbing Palmer or Tyrod

Stash him away. I remember 2005, the year the Steelers won the SB. Big Ben out for 4 games, and the first game back, he stunk it up on MNF losing to us. Then came back here in the playoffs to beat us. The Steelers will finish the season strong just to make the playoffs, so he is worth a stash, IMO.

But then, if he does come back at the end of November after their bye week on Nov. 29th, the teams he will face will be - at Seahawks, home to the Colts, at Bengals, home to the Broncos, and at Ravens. Outside the Colts and Ravens, it will be mighty hard to put up numbers against the rest, so it is a choice you have to make and deal with.

Drop Roethlisberger or stash him for 4-6 weeks?

Hate to waste a roster spot on an IA QB...leaning towards dropping him and grabbing Palmer or Tyrod

I already have tyrod. hes balling, but I would stash him unless you really need the roster spot

waiver wire?

Nobody. Ryan Mallet, Jameis Winston, Brandon Weeden, Colin Kaepernick. 

Tyrod Taylor gone, Carson Palmer gone, Michael Vick gone, the elite league guys have 2 or sometimes even 3 QBs rostered, let them keep them :). I will just ride my luck with Eli for this week because I know he will get garbage production even if the Giants are getting blown out. I have a feeling Eli will get me the solid 20 points, so no point chasing something else and hopefully Brees is healthy by next week.

Need an evalutation.

Team 1:

RB - L. Miller

RB - K. Williams

WR - James Jones

WR - D. Moncrief

Flex - M. Evans

Bench: D. Murray, J. Hill, E. Decker, P. Harvin.

Team 2:

RB - F. Gore

RB - C. Spiller

WR - ODB

WR - K. Allen

Flex - M. Evans

Bench:

M. Floyd. J. Hill, T. Williams (Dal), D. Johnson (Ari)

Team 3:

RB - M. Forte

RB - D. Freeman

WR - Marvin Jones

WR - M. Evans

Flex - J. Randle

Bench:  J. Hill, S. Vereen, T. Smith, N. Washington

My girlfriend's brother has Frank Gore and I really want him. Would you guys trade:

Lamar Miller OR LeGarrette Blount

AND

Moncrief OR Cooks

My team is:

Brady

Julio

Edelman

Charles

Miller

Moncrief

Cooks

Olsen

Blount

Rishard Mathews

.5 ppr, have McManus and Denver D, only four bench spots so going to grab a backup TE next week after Brady's bye when I drop Derek Carr

Need an evalutation.

Team 1:

RB - L. Miller

RB - K. Williams

WR - James Jones

WR - D. Moncrief

Flex - M. Evans

Bench: D. Murray, J. Hill, E. Decker, P. Harvin. (I would play Jeremy Hill vs the Chiefs over Lamar Miller)

Team 2:

RB - F. Gore

RB - C. Spiller

WR - ODB

WR - K. Allen

Flex - M. Evans

Bench:

M. Floyd. J. Hill, T. Williams (Dal), D. Johnson (Ari) (I would play J. Hill over C. Spiller)

Team 3:

RB - M. Forte

RB - D. Freeman

WR - Marvin Jones

WR - M. Evans

Flex - J. Randle

Bench:  J. Hill, S. Vereen, T. Smith, N. Washington - This one is just fine

My girlfriend's brother has Frank Gore and I really want him. Would you guys trade:

Lamar Miller OR LeGarrette Blount

AND

Moncrief OR Cooks

My team is:

Brady

Julio

Edelman

Charles

Miller

Moncrief

Cooks

Olsen

Blount

Rishard Mathews

.5 ppr, have McManus and Denver D, only four bench spots so going to grab a backup TE next week after Brady's bye when I drop Derek Carr

Grab Antonio Gates, who will be coming back from his 4 game suspension if you can. At age 35, he could use the 4 game rest, and being Rivers' target in the middle, he will still take pressure off Keenan Allen. Chargers make their run towards the end of a season in November and December, so Gates will come in handy, IMO. That is why I picked him up in my league.

Grab Antonio Gates, who will be coming back from his 4 game suspension if you can. At age 35, he could use the 4 game rest, and being Rivers' target in the middle, he will still take pressure off Keenan Allen. Chargers make their run towards the end of a season in November and December, so Gates will come in handy, IMO. That is why I picked him up in my league.

I actually just dropped him for Carr. Was hoping to grab him again next week but with four bench spots this is the only week I need a second QB on my team. Seeing as I play Olsen every week and flex receivers I don't think I would need Gates more than just the week Olsen is out (if my guys can stay healthy). My team is filthy but the other 3-0 guy just grabbed karlos williams and devonta freeman so I want to get a better RB than Blount or Miller.

Need an evalutation.

Team 1:

RB - L. Miller

RB - K. Williams

WR - James Jones

WR - D. Moncrief

Flex - M. Evans

Bench: D. Murray, J. Hill, E. Decker, P. Harvin. (I would play Jeremy Hill vs the Chiefs over Lamar Miller)

Team 2:

RB - F. Gore

RB - C. Spiller

WR - ODB

WR - K. Allen

Flex - M. Evans

Bench:

M. Floyd. J. Hill, T. Williams (Dal), D. Johnson (Ari) (I would play J. Hill over C. Spiller)

Team 3:

RB - M. Forte

RB - D. Freeman

WR - Marvin Jones

WR - M. Evans

Flex - J. Randle

Bench: J. Hill, S. Vereen, T. Smith, N. Washington - This one is just fine

KC rub defense has been just as good as the Jets. Hill also has become 2nd string when you look at the amount of snaps. KC is vulnerable to passing so I think Bernard will play a lot more. Saying hill had been disappointing is an understatement.

If Murray is healthy I'll play him over miller

CJ Spiller may be the better play if Brees pays but I don't think he will.

Shane vereen vs bills or Alfred Morris vs the Eagles.

Eagles are bad against the run but vereen is 2nd in the team for targets.

passing is gonna be impossible with winds up to 25 miles an hour and rain so go with morris.

im benching mathews and hilton for amari cooper and karlos williams. good or bad move? my thinking is mathews isnt gonna get too many targets due to the weather and hilton has a backup throwing to him which is kinda the same issue brown had. williams I feel will get a lot of carries and has been producing even as the backup

passing is gonna be impossible with winds up to 25 miles an hour and rain so go with morris.

im benching mathews and hilton for amari cooper and karlos williams. good or bad move? my thinking is mathews isnt gonna get too many targets due to the weather and hilton has a backup throwing to him which is kinda the same issue brown had. williams I feel will get a lot of carries and has been producing even as the backup

Good move.

Good move.

worked out great cooper and williams combined for 23 points while hilton and mathews got 11. looking ahead to next week, I got some decisions to make. I dont know whether or not to bench green vs the seahawks. if I bench green, I can start hilton vs the texans and mathews vs the saints. flex I was thinking of either williams again vs the titans if mccoy cant go again or dion lewis vs the cowboys. I like the idea of starting foster williams lewis hilton mathews and just benching green. thoughts?