Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Madden game

The 2 big differences this year are WR/DB interactions and gang tackling.

With the passing game stuff there is now hand fighting and they reworked press and zone chuck animations. They added a ton of new catch animations and also allowed the player to choose the kind of catch; Aggressive catch (basically high point or diving catch), RAC catch (run after catch catch? WTH! Basically a catch where you turn up field) and posession catches (a body catch where you pretty much just hit the deck). QB animations have been reworked, high and low passes are now mapped to L1 and L2 respectively. You can auto roll out with R2. It seems that aggressive catching may be somewhat overpowered, and there are waaaaaay to many instances of one handed catches.

Tackling has been overhauled and gang tackles look so smooth and organic now.

Also penalties have been overhauled, for example things like defensive holding and PI are now called, along with the appropriate animations being added in.

I'm more excited for this Madden than any other in a long time.

I sure hope the CBs can actually run with a WR on a go route this time around.

old post but i have an interesting theory.  i think they reduced WR speed in order to fix the "money plays".

we all know they dont ever really change the game engine, they sometimes add new animations though and hope that passes for "new and improved physics!"

old post but i have an interesting theory. i think they reduced WR speed in order to fix the "money plays".

we all know they dont ever really change the game engine, they sometimes add new animations though and hope that passes for "new and improved physics!"

They reduced everyone's speed. The game plays much slower compared to last year. WRs, and in general, offense, is still faster than defenders.

They reduced everyone's speed. The game plays much slower compared to last year. WRs, and in general, offense, is still faster than defenders.

i would need a graph or chart comparing everyones speed to test the theory, but it sounds like something they would do.  slow the players down rather than work on fixing how the cpu plays coverage

offensive players are still faster, but less so than before perhaps

i would need a graph or chart comparing everyones speed to test the theory, but it sounds like something they would do.  slow the players down rather than work on fixing how the cpu plays coverage

offensive players are still faster, but less so than before perhaps

Fastest WRs in Madden (Ultimate Team, but still Madden): http://www.muthead.com/16/players?filter-madden-rating=34&&filter-position=8

Fastest DBs in Madden: http://www.muthead.com/16/players?filter-madden-rating=34&&filter-position=458752

Top WRs are around 97-95 speed, while top DBs are around 94-92 speed.

Fastest WRs in Madden (Ultimate Team, but still Madden): http://www.muthead.com/16/players?filter-madden-rating=34&&filter-position=8

Fastest DBs in Madden: http://www.muthead.com/16/players?filter-madden-rating=34&&filter-position=458752

Top WRs are around 97-95 speed, while top DBs are around 94-92 speed.

i need last years stats too otherwise i have nothing to compare numbers against.  that actually supports my case though, the gap is pretty small

using ultimate team makes things a little tricker unless the stats are the same as franchise and exibition mode