Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USA Today Predicts : Packers over Colts in Super Bowl 50

ColtRider

Turn it around and you've got it right.

haha I know right CS? Aaron Rogers is indeed "A Bad Man" meaning incredibly lethal on a football field, but Chewbacca [Luck] ain't no cakewalk cream puff either. 

Got cut down on the turnovers I know, but that's where Frank Gore running the ball consistently comes in. Darn, the word "turnovers" made me think of apple fritters & a cold glass of milk, which sounds tasty right now. 

Personally, I wanna see INDY vs AZ in California in February actually. 

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/08/04/record-projections-super-bowl-50-packers-colts/30985171/

Nice to see they have my Vikes making the playoffs and winning a game.

I give your Purple People Eaters 1 more victory at 11-5. Teddy Bridgewater is gonna light it up & AP is on a mission to remind everyone in the NFL why he's the best back in football. SW1 will be watching your club closely NFLfan starting in September. Minnesota's got something definitely on the rise there. Your defense under Zims is gonna be a monster not immediately by very soon. Zims even said they are reacting vs thinking now which means watch out man the Vikings are coming man. 

Plus with AP in the box, it will make Bridgewater's reads a  lot easier with at least 1 TE or WR in 1 on 1 coverage since defense's fear "All Day" the most as they should.

It drives me nuts when reporters always say that the AFC South is a weak division so whatever their record is it doesn't mean much. They make it sound like we harassed a little girl with pigtails & stole her sucker.

Every team still has to lineup & play ball right? Sigh...No title is ever won or settled on paper. I know it is what it is & reporters will always say the AFC South is weak like melted ice cream. LOL!   

"Dolphins (10-6): They won't see a playoff team from last year until Week 8, and only two before December. Plenty of time for the Ryan Tannehill-led offense to crest and the Ndamukong Suh-led D to crystallize.

Is this NFL analysis or science class? Are the fins a liquid, a vapor, or frozen solid like an iceberg? I just don't see them with 10 wins more like 7-9. Suh isn't that darn good. I just don't see him single handedly saving their season. 

I said this a while ago as well: Packers beating Colts - http://forums.colts.com/topic/38914-predictions-for-mvp-of-the-2015-regular-season/

Here is the thing. Andrew Luck has always exceeded my tempered :) expectations. I expected him to lose after that deficit vs KC in the wild card game, he won and did one better. I expected him to beat the Bengals but lose to Peyton in the divisional round, he did one better. Now, I expect him to be in the SB and lose. Hopefully he does one better.

For those into numbers - Colts won SB 5, SB 41 and the season of SBs 23 and 32, we didn't even make the playoffs. The next SB whose digits total 5 is SB 50  :thmup: . We either don't make the playoffs or win it all??? Does that mean we won't make the SB again till SB 104? LOL

I said this a while ago as well: Packers beating Colts - http://forums.colts.com/topic/38914-predictions-for-mvp-of-the-2015-regular-season/

Here is the thing. Andrew Luck has always exceeded my tempered :) expectations. I expected him to lose after that deficit vs KC in the wild card game, he won and did one better. I expected him to beat the Bengals but lose to Peyton in the divisional round, he did one better. Now, I expect him to be in the SB and lose. Hopefully he does one better.

For those into numbers - Colts won SB 5, SB 41 and the season of SBs 23 and 32, we didn't even make the playoffs. The next SB whose digits total 5 is SB 50  :thmup: . We either don't make the playoffs or win it all??? Does that mean we won't make the SB again till SB 104? LOL

Yep, chad72. That's who I've got. Indy v. Green Bay. However, with the Colts taking SB50!

Of course Our minds are stuck in what we thought last year.

But can any body make a good arguement for any of the eight defending division champs NOT winning again?

I'd bet on 8 repeat champs before I'd bet on anyone else

I would bet on the saints over the panthers.

Of course Our minds are stuck in what we thought last year.

But can any body make a good arguement for any of the eight defending division champs NOT winning again?

I'd bet on 8 repeat champs before I'd bet on anyone else

i am a betting man, and i cant say i would put money on any new division champs this year.  i think denver and dallas are vulnerable though.  especially when it comes to injuries.  those are 2 very good teams if healthy, but they are putting all of thier eggs in a few older, injury prone players.(peyton/romo)

i forget who even won the afc north last year, but i think it is up for grabs between all 3 teams not based out of cleveland

its hard to know what to make of the nfc south, nothing would surprise me there.  even the bucs have a lot of young talent, but they need better coaching

I don't agree with this prediction at all.  I think the Packers are declining rapidly and the only reason they will make the playoffs is because the rest of the division is horrible and the defenses are all dreadful.

Three 10 win teams in the AFC East is a complete joke and the Eagles look like a mess so they won't win their division and could easily come in last.

I don't agree with this prediction at all. I think the Packers are declining rapidly and the only reason they will make the playoffs is because the rest of the division is horrible and the defenses are all dreadful.

Three 10 win teams in the AFC East is a complete joke and the Eagles look like a mess so they won't win their division and could easily come in last.

Where are the Packers declining? They won 12 games with Rodgers playing on a bad wheel for half the season.. That team is more than capable of going the distance

I don't agree with this prediction at all. I think the Packers are declining rapidly and the only reason they will make the playoffs is because the rest of the division is horrible and the defenses are all dreadful.

You must not watch any football outside of the Colts. What makes you believe the Packers are "declining rapidly"? Anyone who follows football would disagree with that. This year's team has the same core players as the one last year that should have won the SB. They were 12-4. In the regular season game against the eventual SB-winning Pats, the Packers had almost 350 yards of offense in the first half alone.

If the Packers won't make the SB because of their division, then you are also implying that the Colts won't either because the AFC South has two of the worst teams in the NFL.

It drives me nuts when reporters always say that the AFC South is a weak division so whatever their record is it doesn't mean much. They make it sound like we harassed a little girl with pigtails & stole her sucker.

Every team still has to lineup & play ball right? Sigh...No title is ever won or settled on paper. I know it is what it is & reporters will always say the AFC South is weak like melted ice cream. LOL!

I don't remember hearing a word when the pats had the lowly jets, bills and dolphins to play against every year.

Where are the Packers declining? They won 12 games with Rodgers playing on a bad wheel for half the season.. That team is more than capable of going the distance

The Packers don't know how to finish big games, and certain teams can down right destroy them like Seattle and New Orleans. 

Last year, everyone ignored the Packers issues of defense and points. They blew a 31-7 lead vs Atlanta at home, in the cold, and let them come back and score 37 points. They were the only team last year to allow the Saints to score 44 points and beat the living hell out of them. 

That meltdown vs Seattle was pathetic too. A part of me believes they had no business being there. If the right call was made with the Bryant catch in the Dallas game, Dallas probably wins that and goes to Seattle. 

I expect the Packers to win 12 or 13 games again, and then in the playoffs blow it like they always do. 

The Packers don't know how to finish big games, and certain teams can down right destroy them like Seattle and New Orleans. 

Last year, everyone ignored the Packers issues of defense and points. They blew a 31-7 lead vs Atlanta at home, in the cold, and let them come back and score 37 points. They were the only team last year to allow the Saints to score 44 points and beat the living hell out of them. 

That meltdown vs Seattle was pathetic too. A part of me believes they had no business being there. If the right call was made with the Bryant catch in the Dallas game, Dallas probably wins that and goes to Seattle. 

I expect the Packers to win 12 or 13 games again, and then in the playoffs blow it like they always do. 

ALL of what you just wrote has nothing to do with the Packers "declining", which was the point of my post, and again is foolish to believe. Green Bay really only had 3 terrible defensive games in the regular season (ATL, NO, and SEA) which they won 1 of those 3, BUT the other 13 games they played the defense only gave up an average of ~18ppg. EVERY team has a few outliers throughout the season that leave you scratching your head and Green Bay had their few. Green Bay is as talented across the board as any team in the NFL and again it wouldn't be surprising to see them representing the NFC this year.

I don't remember hearing a word when the pats had the lowly jets, bills and dolphins to play against every year.

Yeah, I know. Sports reporters always treat NE & their division like it's a given they will dominate their division & they never say that their AFC East competition is usually several notches below them team talent wise. 

However, our division the AFC South is always treated like our competition doesn't measure up so whatever we achieve is meaningless.

It's always funny to me. NE is commended for their division supremacy vs INDY who always gets criticized because of our competition.

I like Rex, but unless his offense is on fire this year, the pats will still be the favorite to win the AFC East while INDY will just be told your rivals are just the Titans & the Jags come on big deal.  haha

ALL of what you just wrote has nothing to do with the Packers "declining", which was the point of my post, and again is foolish to believe. Green Bay really only had 3 terrible defensive games in the regular season (ATL, NO, and SEA) which they won 1 of those 3, BUT the other 13 games they played the defense only gave up an average of ~18ppg. EVERY team has a few outliers throughout the season that leave you scratching your head and Green Bay had their few. Green Bay is as talented across the board as any team in the NFL and again it wouldn't be surprising to see them representing the NFC this year.

Those 3 games I mentioned, they were gashed by big plays. Their defense has been giving up big plays for the past 4 years now. The Saints exploited them easily throwing bombs on them and that was in a dome. Green Bay is supposed to be perfect in domes. Everyone forgets about that game, but that was one of a few games last year where Brees was completing multiple deep balls and had an overall perfect game. 

GB's defense is why they lost in the playoffs.

They're great on paper, but that don't mean anything when you get 5 interceptions and end up losing to a hail mary in OT. Their defense couldn't stop Seattle's mediocre offense even after 5 interceptions that's pathetic. 

People say this every year they're going to go back to the SB, and then they get in the playoffs and screw it all up like they did vs Seattle, or the year before where they went one and done to SF, or before that where they blown out by SF.

The only way I see them making another SB is if they have it made playing cupcakes to get there and avoid teams like Seattle and New Orleans that can totally expose them. 

If they run into a team that has a high powered offense in the playoffs, they're toast. Defense can't stop big plays, especially the deep ball. 

I even believe Atlanta could beat them in the playoffs. If they let them come back from a 31-7 blow out and nearly beat them in the cold at Lambeau, I don't doubt Atlanta could possibly beat them. 

Green Bay has sort of become what the Colts were with Manning for many years. Every year you know they are bound to be in the playoffs and possibly the QB wins MVP. But, you can't really trust them to go to the Super Bowl and win it all. Shaky shaky defense and sometimes just a passing game and shiny QB.

As for the current Colts.......I think we will be hot at times this year. But, I am still sadly predicting we get done in by a team maybe in the AFC playoffs. But, NOT the Pats or Broncos.

I am thinking more in the line of us having a hard hard battle with Pittsburgh or Baltimore and our defense falters. 

I hope I am wrong and the Colts win it all but who knows. I think it's safer to be hesitant at times anyway now so I don't get my hopes up too high and feel a major letdown.

But, I absolutely expect the Colts and Packers to be in the playoffs. And I am expecting the Colts to likely again win at least the first playoff game at home. The seeding will be huge for us too, if we have to go on the road is a deal breaker to me too over if we get homefield.

Green Bay has sort of become what the Colts were with Manning for many years. Every year you know they are bound to be in the playoffs and possibly the QB wins MVP. But, you can't really trust them to go to the Super Bowl and win it all. Shaky shaky defense and sometimes just a passing game and shiny QB.

As for the current Colts.......I think we will be hot at times this year. But, I am still sadly predicting we get done in by a team maybe in the AFC playoffs. But, NOT the Pats or Broncos.

I am thinking more in the line of us having a hard hard battle with Pittsburgh or Baltimore and our defense falters. 

I hope I am wrong and the Colts win it all but who knows. I think it's safer to be hesitant at times anyway now so I don't get my hopes up too high and feel a major letdown.

But, I absolutely expect the Colts and Packers to be in the playoffs. And I am expecting the Colts to likely again win at least the first playoff game at home. The seeding will be huge for us too, if we have to go on the road is a deal breaker to me too over if we get homefield.

I'm with you about being worried about Pittsburgh Jules, but not Baltimore. I respect Ozzie Newsome & HC John Harbaugh tremendously who's 1 hades of a leader of men & X's & O's wizard, but I'm not afraid of the Ravens. SW1 admires them a great deal, but I do not fear them. JMO. 

You do have a keen, 6th sense inner sports voice though Jules who knew that Duke not WI was gonna with the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship so I do give your fortune telling premonitions considerable weight. I can't lie. You're darn good when it comes to predicting sports victors & losers. 

Aaron Rogers & the Packers do feel like a sentimental favorite in the NFC that's true, but I still think people are under estimating Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer, & the AZ Cardinals who will make a serious Playoff push this year for all the marbles in San Fran SB territory. 

I'm with you about being worried about Pittsburgh Jules, but not Baltimore. I respect Ozzie Newsome & HC John Harbaugh tremendously who's 1 hades of a leader of men & X's & O's wizard, but I'm not afraid of the Ravens. SW1 admires them a great deal, but I do not fear them. JMO. 

With Baltimore I think it also depends if the game is home or away. At home we have OWNED them. But, even I would have been weary as hell of playing them in this past postseason if we got Baltimore at Indy for the AFCCG. Baltimore can kick it up a notch in the playoffs.

Now with Pittsburgh those guys scare me, bad. Have the Colts even going back to Baltimore ever won over them in the playoffs?

We got to Pittsburgh December 6th for SNF. Ouch. Home or away those guys scare me.

I have a feeling Pittsburgh is going to be wild this year.......

With Baltimore I think it also depends if the game is home or away. At home we have OWNED them. But, even I would have been weary as hell of playing them in this past postseason if we got Baltimore at Indy for the AFCCG. Baltimore can kick it up a notch in the playoffs.

Now with Pittsburgh those guys scare me, bad. Have the Colts even going back to Baltimore ever won over them in the playoffs?

We got to Pittsburgh December 6th for SNF. Ouch. Home or away those guys scare me.

I have a feeling Pittsburgh is going to be wild this year.......

Both Le'Veon Bell & Antonio Brown on the Steelers offense scare the crap out of me too Jules. As for their defense, I'm hoping it takes a year under a new DC to gel so INDY's gotta make our SB plunge now this season before Pittsburgh starts to click on both sides of the ball & this time Vontae Davis must stay healthy & play on the field.

Knocking on my computer desk made of wood right now literally. 

Those 3 games I mentioned, they were gashed by big plays. Their defense has been giving up big plays for the past 4 years now. The Saints exploited them easily throwing bombs on them and that was in a dome. Green Bay is supposed to be perfect in domes. Everyone forgets about that game, but that was one of a few games last year where Brees was completing multiple deep balls and had an overall perfect game. 

GB's defense is why they lost in the playoffs.

They're great on paper, but that don't mean anything when you get 5 interceptions and end up losing to a hail mary in OT. Their defense couldn't stop Seattle's mediocre offense even after 5 interceptions that's pathetic. 

People say this every year they're going to go back to the SB, and then they get in the playoffs and screw it all up like they did vs Seattle, or the year before where they went one and done to SF, or before that where they blown out by SF.

The only way I see them making another SB is if they have it made playing cupcakes to get there and avoid teams like Seattle and New Orleans that can totally expose them. 

If they run into a team that has a high powered offense in the playoffs, they're toast. Defense can't stop big plays, especially the deep ball. 

I even believe Atlanta could beat them in the playoffs. If they let them come back from a 31-7 blow out and nearly beat them in the cold at Lambeau, I don't doubt Atlanta could possibly beat them. 

3 out of 16... to which the other 13 I specifically mentioned where the defense didn't really have much of a problem. To further your "big play" point, actually Green Bay was in the better half of teams when it came to "big plays" given up. Again, you are overreacting to a problem that EVERY team has - even the good/great ones are going to have bad days. ATL and NO went off on them, big deal. The Colts went off on the Seahawks two years ago when they had the "Baddest D on the planet", again IT HAPPENS.

Green Bay was a botched special teams play away from winning that game in Seattle. The D was very good pretty much that entire game outside of that final drive Seattle had.

3 out of 16... to which the other 13 I specifically mentioned where the defense didn't really have much of a problem. To further your "big play" point, actually Green Bay was in the better half of teams when it came to "big plays" given up. Again, you are overreacting to a problem that EVERY team has - even the good/great ones are going to have bad days. ATL and NO went off on them, big deal. The Colts went off on the Seahawks two years ago when they had the "Baddest D on the planet", again IT HAPPENS.

Green Bay was a botched special teams play away from winning that game in Seattle. The D was very good pretty much that entire game outside of that final drive Seattle had.

You're ignoring the hail mary in OT, but ignore the big plays all you want. It's there. Botched special teams did not lose that game single handedly. Their defenses allowed them to come back, drive down the field and score. They had the same problem with Dallas, that everyone forgets about. If the Bryant catch was ruled a catch, Dallas scores. 

They could have stopped Seattle in that game and couldn't. In OT, they give up a big hail mary and lose. Yeah IT HAPPENS to them. 

That's the most accurate description of Green Bay. Epic choke jobs in the playoffs, even at home. 

That's the most accurate description of Green Bay. Epic choke jobs in the playoffs, even at home. 

Yes, GB lost vs Seattle that is true Bogie. No argument there, but Rogers really isn't at fault over a mishandled onside kick recovery that he wasn't even on the field for, which if caught, puts the Packers in the SB. 

I will acknowledge though that HC Mike McCarthy took his foot off the gas on offense, which really didn't help matters much. So I blame the dude who messed up Nelson's catch & McCarthy myself not Rogers. 

You're ignoring the hail mary in OT, but ignore the big plays all you want. It's there. Botched special teams did not lose that game single handedly. Their defenses allowed them to come back, drive down the field and score. They had the same problem with Dallas, that everyone forgets about. If the Bryant catch was ruled a catch, Dallas scores. 

They could have stopped Seattle in that game and couldn't. In OT, they give up a big hail mary and lose. Yeah IT HAPPENS to them. 

Let's not forget though Bogie that if GB recovers that ball, there is no RW miraculous come from behind victory & all the mistakes the Packers made prior to that play suddenly would have become irrelevant. 

If Nelson catches that ball, the Hawks are cooked, de-clipped, & more than well done. That's a fact. So, I wouldn't be too quick to downplay that 1 play which made all the difference in that game. 

Yes I know GB lost, but 1 play successfully executed by GB would have made all the difference in the world. Like you say Bogie, the Packers failed to slam the door shut. A valid point. 

IF IF IF... If Green Bay doesn't screw up the onside kick Seattle is going home as losers so who gives a sh**. Your "theory" of Green Bay being this team who gives up all of these big plays was proven illogical with my previous post. I gave you more than enough statistical data that told you they were one of the better (not great, but decent) teams in the league, and even then you still can't differentiate between "outlier" and "trend". My original point, to which you ran off somewhere in BFE, was in no way is Green Bay declining in any aspect of the term. I could care less what NO or ATL did to them a) they didn't do sh** that mattered anyways b) they were anomalies, *hint* outliers, of a long season.

Que mindless banter response......

Yeah, I know. Sports reporters always treat NE & their division like it's a given they will dominate their division & they never say that their AFC East competition is usually several notches below them team talent wise.

However, our division the AFC South is always treated like our competition doesn't measure up so whatever we achieve is meaningless.

It's always funny to me. NE is commended for their division supremacy vs INDY who always gets criticized because of our competition.

I like Rex, but unless his offense is on fire this year, the pats will still be the favorite to win the AFC East while INDY will just be told your rivals are just the Titans & the Jags come on big deal. haha

It be time to dominate in Indy. It be dynasty time!